UConn-Georgetown pregame stuff | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn-Georgetown pregame stuff

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I agree. Patterson hasn't taken a shot in a month. DeBerry only does it when embarrassed not to. ( no one within 10 feet of her ). Ines has the guts, but she needs to convert one. And, as you point out, one miss and they all run for the hills. Not a scorer in the lot. If Fudd did that after missing a shot......I have to believe some encouraging words from coach might get them more " into the game?" Maybe he is already doing so. But it isn't working.
Azzi used to. Geno said - once - that she would pout if she missed a shot then wouldn’t shoot again. That behavior stopped immediately.

The reserves need to learn that lesson.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope they play better tomorrow. My wife and I are going to the game and I would hate to think that they lose both games that I see in person this year (the first one was the Maryland game) and once again, we won't get to see Azzi play.

In case you weren't there, here is Azzi playing in the same arena 4 years ago. She still holds the arena record of 38 points.

Reaction Score
I saw a couple MBB games at McDonough in the early 80s. It was pretty small in those days. This was the Patrick Ewing years and they mainly played in the Capitol Center, but a few games ended up at McDonough. In the Cap Center, Ewing was a distant figure, but in McDonough he was way larger than life.
I saw Patrick Ewing play in high school a few times and let's just say he was easy to find in those high school gyms. :)

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
In case you weren't there, here is Azzi playing in the same arena 4 years ago. She still holds the arena record of 38 points.

sure could use her ball-handling and defense off the bench! :) it's just what the huskies team needs.

Reaction Score
We really need Azzi and Caroline back...
The problem with Basketball is--you have what you have. You must make the most of it--in any way you can.
Geno did a "waiting" game. Waiting until his top players on his bench recovered enough to play. It was much longer than he expected and got longer.
The other options are --and Geno hasn't got it in him--to accept a loss here and there. And while doing that give his only 2 operating bigs, game time.
Some on the BY in decades (or it seems like) past stated the obvious: Nothing prepares a kid for playing Women's College Basketball like, PLAYING Women's College Basketball.
If you look at Deberry in her last game, she played ok. She was less of a liability. She defended the boards. Some kids are born athletes, some like Dolson were "teach able", so was Jess Moore from Alaska. Dolson was lucky, she was IT, she was the only defense against Griner and that was laid on her. She learned quickly and became the Steff we all love. Can DeBerry or Ayanna make that leap quickly? Only game time shall tell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom