UConn-Georgetown pregame stuff | The Boneyard

UConn-Georgetown pregame stuff

Reaction Score
Maybe if he quit pulling them after the first missed shot, they might be a little more agressive on offense. Face it, he has 8 players, 5 of which are exhausted from overuse. He has no other choice, and if UConn loses a couple more games, so be it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I hope Nika is right. I was waiting for her, as our Energizer Bunny, to get things going on Wednesday, but her batteries were drained. Liya's facial expression was blank. The team's body language was bad, and the bench wasn't very vocal. I hope they can turn it around soon. They got a break in the initial reveal. To keep a 1 seed, they likely need to win out. I'm concerned about any competitive game remaining, as well as the BE Tourney. We need some inspiration; hopefully Carol and Azzi coming back will provide that. I'll be loud at Georgetown to try to energize the team.

Reaction Score
Huhhh, what first shot - would be good to see a first shot
I agree. Patterson hasn't taken a shot in a month. DeBerry only does it when embarrassed not to. ( no one within 10 feet of her ). Ines has the guts, but she needs to convert one. And, as you point out, one miss and they all run for the hills. Not a scorer in the lot. If Fudd did that after missing a shot......I have to believe some encouraging words from coach might get them more " into the game?" Maybe he is already doing so. But it isn't working.

Reaction Score
Pretty cool stuff. I love Nika's mindset. She is going to be one heck of a coach if she decides to go that route after her playing days are over.

Reaction Score
I hope they play better tomorrow. My wife and I are going to the game and I would hate to think that they lose both games that I see in person this year (the first one was the Maryland game) and once again, we won't get to see Azzi play.

Reaction Score
I saw a couple MBB games at McDonough in the early 80s. It was pretty small in those days. This was the Patrick Ewing years and they mainly played in the Capitol Center, but a few games ended up at McDonough. In the Cap Center, Ewing was a distant figure, but in McDonough he was way larger than life.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I feel so bad for Caroline. I am guessing that she is really, really hoping to play as soon as she can be cleared to play and practice without restrictions. It must be hard on her to watch her teammates in the situation that they are in and knowing she can't help it...yet.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I saw a couple MBB games at McDonough in the early 80s. It was pretty small in those days. This was the Patrick Ewing years and they mainly played in the Capitol Center, but a few games ended up at McDonough. In the Cap Center, Ewing was a distant figure, but in McDonough he was way larger than life.
Aren't they scheduled to play in the Mystics' arena? (or is their home McDonough?) I looked but could only find DC as the location. I get so confused. :eek:

Reaction Score
Aren't they scheduled to play in the Mystics' arena? (or is their home McDonough?) I looked but could only find DC as the location. I get so confused. :eek:
Georgetown's website specifies that the game is at the Entertainment & Sports Arena, which is the home of both the Mystics and an NBA G-League team.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I agree. Patterson hasn't taken a shot in a month. DeBerry only does it when embarrassed not to. ( no one within 10 feet of her ). Ines has the guts, but she needs to convert one. And, as you point out, one miss and they all run for the hills. Not a scorer in the lot. If Fudd did that after missing a shot......I have to believe some encouraging words from coach might get them more " into the game?" Maybe he is already doing so. But it isn't working.
Might not like the stats, however re Patterson took shots:

2/1: 0-1
1/23: 2-2

Reaction Score
Borrowing a page from Nan's playbook:

Geno (and we presume, CD) "have never seen this level of fatigue" on a uconn women's basketball team (Over 37 years!) My response, "So whadyagonna do about it?" I'd recommend bed rest, fluids, and comedy movies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom