UConn game(s) you watch multiple times (almost addictively) | The Boneyard

UConn game(s) you watch multiple times (almost addictively)

Reaction Score
I lose an hour with the 2014 ky Championship Game. Bazz performance gives me good shivers. Its like I remember every possession. Must have watched it in full 2 dozen times.

The other for me is the 99 Championship Game. Too bad its not in HD, but that was 2 heavyweights, the best in the land. Rip was the Man. And the defense on POY Brand was remarkable. Seen that more than the 2014 game over the years.

I also easily get lost in the Big East Championships, which highlighted our best players.

So many good ones (shout out to @tcf15).

Reaction Score
I’m with Kitaman on 99’ and 14’. I also like to watch the 04’ FF game against Duke and Kemba’s run in the Big East tournament, particularly the step back jumper against Pitt.

Reaction Score
04 title game, any 2011 BET games, and surprisingly the 15’ AAC semi-final comeback win over Tulsa. That was the last time XL Center was electric in my mind
I think UConn posted highlights of that game on youtube. I've watched the one minute stretch where dham and boatright sink 3s followed by a big red chant at least 100 times. The beginning of the UConn OSU game at gampel and cause from 2017 or two others o enjoy watching the highlights of

Reaction Score
I think we had a couple of decent games at XL in the 2016 year too. Cincinnati, SMU and Georgetown were a blast as a student.

Reaction Score
2004: Anything ‘04 Madison Square Gordon!!!
As someone said above i love the semifinal but it still stresses me out!! That team was like zero stress in the NCAAs except the semifinal. Loved that team the most of all! (I think if i was older the grit and toughness of ‘99 with the moxie of KEA and the ice water of Rip probably would have rivaled for me)

2014: I can watch anything from 2014 too, Bazz had that “it” factor. I remember Griffey made like 10 threes in a row to start the season or something. I like the preseason vs Indiana and Maryland actually quite a lot.

2011 5 in 5 days is great too! A little is lost for me with Oriakhi turning his back on the program. I loved the Bucknell game, it was like perfection. The Pitt game! JC jumping around after Kemba hits the shot - i miss JC sooooo much! Miss him running out on the floor ripping into Sticks or someone before the players get close to being off the floor. Tough ❤️ Miss everything about him.

2009 Elite Eight game vs Mizzou is underrated to me.

I never do watch those but the Rip class I’m sure is great too, they cemented me as a Husky fan his freshman year (I’m from Pa but live in Fla.)

Reaction Score
If I could I'd like to see the Pitt UConn game where UConn scored like 5 points in 9 seconds to win by one and ElAmin jumped up on the scorer's table grabbing his UConn jersey and flaunting it at the Pitt fans who were throwing coins at him. That game was priceless. That last minute I could watch over and over, LOL.

Reaction Score
Obvious choice the Duke Nat'l Title game...the tourney games where Billy Packer freaking out over Chris Smith "carrying".

Reaction Score
The ones mentioned here plus:

1995 vs. Cuse at Gampel

1990 BE Title vs Syracuse

1996 BE Title vs Georgetown

2010 vs #1 Texas. That's the loudest I've ever heard Gampel.

Edit: forgot 2014 vs MSU at MSG

Reaction Score
I just watched the 2014 National Championship. Napier and Boatright were both amazing, and UConn was clearly the tougher team. KY was simply too young to play with the same toughness. Kromah was huge down the stretch as well. All our guys played like seasoned veterans.

Seems like longer than 4 years ago though.

Reaction Score
Might be a little obscure but I loved the 2014 UConn vs. St. Joe's matchup in the Round of 64. A lot of so-called 'experts' on ESPN were picking us to lose that game. I just wanted to win that one to prove them wrong. Little did I know...

Reaction Score
The 99 Championship game vs Duke really was a great well played game by both teams. I believe its one of the most underrated Championship games in NCAA history. Outside of Connecticut, It seems like that game has almost been forgotten.

Reaction Score
The Duke Final Four games were both great - I was there for the Championship in '99 in St. Petersburg.

Kemba's 11 game run will forever live as the greatest 11-game run we have ever seen or will ever see at the college level. Each of those games is awesome to watch, even the DePaul game that started the run... because you know what is coming right after it.

In fact, all the Big East tournament games with meaning are so much fun to watch, starting in 1990 with the Georgetown-Syracuse daily double right through Ray Ray's contortionist impersonation, Taliek's heave, Ben Gordon taking over the leading role mantle and of course, Kemba, Kemba, Kemba and even the 6-overtime thriller vs. Syracuse. Reminds me of how blessed we have been as UConn fans to witness so many amazing moments and memories given to us by the players and JC and the coaches down through the years.

The Texas game in 2010 and the Florida game in December 2013 at Gampel are always great to watch, as well.

And that Pitt game in 1990 - another great memory, and I will forever love KEA for that ending, and how we started to believe we really could be a special team that year following that heart-stopping comeback.

BUT THE BEST GAME, even though it is not anywhere near the best video or audio production (Thank you tcf15 that we even have it at all! You are definitely the man) will forever be the game in Hartford vs. Mourning, Mutombo and the about to be #1 Georgetown Hoyas on January 20th, 1990. I have never seen nor heard the Civic Center rock like it did that night - and it was the night that once and for all changed UConn basketball forever. It was the first time that we all started to truly believe that Coach Calhoun was special, and we were finally rising to a level that UConn as a program had not known in a long, long time - if ever.

I get chills each and every time I watch the beginning 6 minutes and 9 seconds of that game. Add to it the significance of that game to the last 3 decades of the history of this uniquely amazing program, and it is truly the moment that changed everything.

And I was lucky enough to have a front row seat, doing color analysis on WHUS. Truly awesome times that I will never forget.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just watched the 2014 National Championship. Napier and Boatright were both amazing, and UConn was clearly the tougher team. KY was simply too young to play with the same toughness. Kromah was huge down the stretch as well. All our guys played like seasoned veterans.

Seems like longer than 4 years ago though.

The pain and suffering of the last few years will make the coming resurgence that much more sweet - and honestly you can see it coming. So in some small way, let us be thankful for it, as watching Dan Hurley turn us back into Champions is going to be really enjoyable to watch!

Reaction Score
The first Gampel game vs. St. John's is pretty neat to go back and watch.

The place is rocking and Mike Goreman had no idea how to pronounce "Gampel"

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
2011 home game vs Villanova where Kemba hits the walk off floater was one of my favorites. I go to a few games a year, that was the loudest I have ever heard Gampel.

Reaction Score
The pain and suffering of the last few years will make the coming resurgence that much more sweet - and honestly you can see it coming. So in some small way, let us be thankful for it, as watching Dan Hurley turn us back into Champions is going to be really enjoyable to watch!

No matter the day, the state of the AD, conference affliation, whatever,

Everyday is a great day to be a Connecticut Husky.

To paraphrase Lewis Grizzard:

"I'm Husky born, Husky bred and when I die I'll be Husky dead"

Reaction Score

I don't even watch the whole game. This one minute video is undefeated in inspiring me.

BTW, S/O to @Wordbomar for mentioning UConn-Tulsa 2015. I can't imagine what sequence of life events would lead you to list that game - of all the amazing games the program has seen - as one you watch "almost addictively." Did you bet the mortgage on the under?

Reaction Score

I don't even watch the whole game. This one minute video is undefeated in inspiring me.

BTW, S/O to @Wordbomar for mentioning UConn-Tulsa 2015. I can't imagine what sequence of life events would lead you to list that game - of all the amazing games the program has seen - as one you watch "almost addictively." Did you bet the mortgage on the under?

Easily top 5 game of my life...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom