UConn-FSU in Never Forget Doubleheader in NJ | The Boneyard

UConn-FSU in Never Forget Doubleheader in NJ

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
That's a lot of non-con neutral site games with 2 in the 2k Classic at MSG and Nova at MSG as well. Wonder if we might not have any true road games this year with Zona at home.

Reaction Score
Nothing like having a game at the Prudential Center

Reaction Score
I wish they would just release the full schedule already. I assume we will get the Home schedule this month and then a full schedule in September as usual

Reaction Score
Great matchup, FSU should be a tournament team, but think we'll have a good shot to win

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, that's a weird rationale to create an annual nonconference college basketball game that occurs in early November. Was there some kind of risk that Americans were actually going to forget that 9/11 happened?
Yes

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, that's a weird rationale to create an annual nonconference college basketball game that occurs in early November. Was there some kind of risk that Americans were actually going to forget that 9/11 happened?
From last year's press release:

The Never Forget Tribute Classic was founded in 2016 and partners with the Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund in support of the education of children of the victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks. Established within one week of September 11, 2001, the Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund provides education assistance for postsecondary study to financially needy dependents of the people killed or permanently disabled in the terrorist attacks.

Reaction Score
From last year's press release:

The Never Forget Tribute Classic was founded in 2016 and partners with the Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund in support of the education of children of the victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks. Established within one week of September 11, 2001, the Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund provides education assistance for postsecondary study to financially needy dependents of the people killed or permanently disabled in the terrorist attacks.
Interesting. A worthy cause, even if college should be free for everyone anyway.

Reaction Score
Very heavy NY/NJ neutral site schedule. I like it.
But hopefully doesn't detract too much from the home non-conference schedule.

Super awesome for season ticket holders... Gampel hasn’t had a decent OOC game in 4 or 5 years.

Reaction Score
Ohio State in December 2015 is the last I can think of

As I've said, Gampel season ticket holders should be mad about Zona being an XL game. The 2015 game against the aforementioned Ohio State was supposed to be good at the time, but the Buckeyes ended up sucking that season. You really have to go back to Texas in 2014 to find a worthwhile game.

Reaction Score
As I've said, Gampel season ticket holders should be mad about Zona being an XL game. The 2015 game against the aforementioned Ohio State was supposed to be good at the time, but the Buckeyes ended up sucking that season. You really have to go back to Texas in 2014 to find a worthwhile game.
That Ohio State team beat Kentucky by 10 a week after playing us, had an okay B1G season and were solidly in the NIT. I don't think it's fair to say they sucked when that Texas team was only marginally better. These games are often planned years in advance, can't be mad at getting a home and home with Ohio State ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom