UConn & Front Street | The Boneyard

UConn & Front Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I was reading a real estate article the other day Courant? That talked about Front Street business readying for a big boost in foot traffic.

Changing menus, decor, creating social areas in preparation of the downtown campus. I thought I read, in addition to providing lecture hall space, Spotlight Theaters may begin showing games. That would be pretty cool with friends. That area is going to take off. Places like Arch Street Tavern & Bears are gold mines.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was reading a real estate article the other day Courant? That talked about Front Street business readying for a big boost in foot traffic.

Changing menus, decor, creating social areas in preparation of the downtown campus. I thought I read, in addition to providing lecture hall space, Spotlight Theaters may begin showing games. That would be pretty cool with friends. That area is going to take off. Places like Arch Street Tavern & Bears are gold mines.

Prolly want to throw an OT up there...

Reaction Score

UConn’s Front Street arrival sets off a retail feeding frenzy

Reaction Score
If he is telling us about a movie complex that is showing UConn games, is that off topic?
I thought I read, in addition to providing lecture hall space, Spotlight Theaters may begin showing games. That would be pretty cool with friends.
That would seem on topic to me and not require an OT. Can we get a judge's opinion?

BTW, he is correct. The cinema will show both football and basketball games.

Spotlight also awaits the university's approval to accept Husky Bucks. During UConn football and basketball seasons, all televised games will be shown free inside the theater, and open to the general public, Gallo said. Spotlight's airing the last three seasons of ESPN's "Monday Night Football'' games on its big screens has been a hit.

Reaction Score
If he is telling us about a movie complex that is showing UConn games, is that off topic?

That would seem on topic to me and not require an OT. Can we get a judge's opinion?

BTW, he is correct. The cinema will show both football and basketball games.

Spotlight also awaits the university's approval to accept Husky Bucks. During UConn football and basketball seasons, all televised games will be shown free inside the theater, and open to the general public, Gallo said. Spotlight's airing the last three seasons of ESPN's "Monday Night Football'' games on its big screens has been a hit.

Wait, what?

so we are desperately trying to get more students to attend games and now just down the street or across the river, we are telling our students.

hey, do go the games, just sit in this nice comfy seat with your popcorn for free.

They better make this only away games....

GemParty

Reaction Score
Any Yarders going to be students downtown?

Reaction Score
Huge, take the Fastrak 40 minutes to downtown to catch the UConn-ECU game

Didn't they put a sports bar @ Storrs Center, wouldn't that be easier and better to go to

Away games with a few hundred fans would be epic. Get the popcorn & Sour Patch Kids ready.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Huge, take the Fastrak 40 minutes to downtown to catch the UConn-ECU game

Didn't they put a sports bar @ Storrs Center, wouldn't that be easier and better to go to
Why would Storrs be easier when you just got out of class in downtown Hartford? We play plenty of exciting big away games.

Reaction Score
Ok, good point, marketing to the Hartford branch. How many students will be attending there?

Why would Storrs be easier when you just got out of class in downtown Hartford? We play plenty of exciting big away games.

C

Chief00

KO likes the Capital Grille for dinner with recruits - he may like it more than they do. It's an older crowd.

Reaction Score
Ok, good point, marketing to the Hartford branch. How many students will be attending there?
UConn Hartford will have -about- 1,500 undergrads and 1,600 graduate students. There are about 400 faculty and staff.

Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32