UConn Football .. there are a lot of things to look forward to seeing this season.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Football .. there are a lot of things to look forward to seeing this season..

Reaction Score
A classes ranking is not the same as a classes rating. The one on thin ice here is you!!! This class is definitely better than the last three.
I mean it's like saying everyone in the world got ten seconds faster in a race and you got two seconds faster and you are improving somehow. Yes absolutely you got better when comparing to yourself, but if you are racing against other people, in the reality of the competition landscape, you got much worse.

Reaction Score
I mean it's like saying everyone in the world got ten seconds faster in a race and you got two seconds faster and you are improving somehow. Yes absolutely you got better when comparing to yourself, but if you are racing against other people, in the reality of the competition landscape, you got much worse.
Thank you for your interest in Uconn football.

Reaction Score
4- Our new strength and conditioning coach is making a huge improvement with the team
5-Coach Spanos as our defensive coordinator brings his NFL experience from the Steelers and Redskins to coach our defense and we should see a huge improvement come fall..
This seem like a newbie post. Are you a newbie?

Brings up a couple good questions though. Why is it so hard to find a good SaC coach? Is that the problem? How hard could that job be that they are getting blamed every year for players being out of shape? This seems to be a never ending problem.

DC Spanos certainly has a good looking resume. He doesn't seem to have any HS coaching experience though. Major gap in my opinion as that is the skillset needed at UConn.

Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in Uconn football.

Yes, I am a Jerk and a bad fan for not thinking the 126 ranked class is going to pull us out of this misery, got it.

Reaction Score
Yes, I am a Jerk and a bad fan for not thinking the 126 ranked class is going to pull us out of this misery, got it.
No one said this class was going to help UConn go undefeated, YOU said the 2019 class was significantly worse than the past three, and this years class is the highest rated in 5 years according to 247. Check all your facts next time.;)

Reaction Score
No one said this class was going to help UConn go undefeated, YOU said the 2019 class was significantly worse than the past three, and this years class is the highest rated in 5 years according to 247. Check all your facts next time.;)

The fact is, pretty unanimously among every rating service is that this class is ranked well behind pretty much any UConn class previously when compared to the classes of our supposed peers. We even get on the SB Nation list of comparative classes vs the rest of our conference for being so far behind in recruiting this year that is is insane. But go on and tell me how great this class is.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You've come to the wrong place for optimism - the Yard is where it goes to die. You get points for trying, though.
Baloney. Just 2 years ago at this time the board was full of optimism.

Reaction Score
A classes ranking is not the same as a classes rating. The one on thin ice here is you!!! This class is definitely better than the last three.

Btw....the 2013 class had both Tim Boyle and Richard Lagow.

This would good if the UConn 2019 class played against the UConn 2014 class. Unfortunately, they play against other schools. Just looked at 247 and the avg rating for ECU is 0.8242, Temple 0.8175, SMU 0.8311, Tulane 0.8175. Tulsa and Navy were lower.

Reaction Score
The fact is, pretty unanimously among every rating service is that this class is ranked well behind pretty much any UConn class previously when compared to the classes of our supposed peers. We even get on the SB Nation list of comparative classes vs the rest of our conference for being so far behind in recruiting this year that is is insane. But go on and tell me how great this class is.
Wow, never say die...........spin things any way you want.............fact is your statement that the 2019 class is significantly worse than the prior three is gobbledygook, and no amount of spinning can change that. The facts are below...........

UConn football recruiting class ratings by 247

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This would good if the UConn 2019 class played against the UConn 2014 class. Unfortunately, they play against other schools. Just looked at 247 and the avg rating for ECU is 0.8242, Temple 0.8175, SMU 0.8311, Tulane 0.8175. Tulsa and Navy were lower.

Does 247 have all of UConn’s 2019 commits listed yet? I’ve stopped looking.

Reaction Score
Does 247 have all of UConn’s 2019 commits listed yet? I’ve stopped looking.
For freshman they have 15 listed who have signed. Our top rated recruit chose UCONN over Illinois, Cincinnati, and Virginia Tech. His final two were VTech and Uconn. Obviously graduate transfers to UConn don't count.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, never say die......spin things any way you want...fact is your statement that the 2019 class is significantly worse than the prior three is gobbledygook, and no amount of spinning can change that. The facts are below......

UConn football recruiting class ratings by 247

You can see below how idiotic your argument is. The 62 ranked team nationally and 4th ranked team in the AAC this year have around a .84 avg as opposed to the .81 UConn had when we had those class rankings 6 years ago.

By your standards, based on us having relatively the same RATING as 2013, your prediction would be that we basically have a top 60 or so class like back then. We don't even have close to a top 100 class. What you are saying is completely and utterly useless when attempting to form any conclusion about how well UConn will do.

2019....Rank 126....12 AAC
2018....Rank 106....12 AAC
2017....Rank 101....10 AAC
2016....Rank 99....12 AAC
2015....Rank 99....12 AAC
2014....Rank 110....11 AAC
2013....Rank 62....4 AAC

Reaction Score
You can see below how idiotic your argument is. The 62 ranked team nationally and 4th ranked team in the AAC this year have around a .84 avg as opposed to the .81 UConn had when we had those class rankings 6 years ago.

By your standards, based on us having relatively the same RATING as 2013, your prediction would be that we basically have a top 60 or so class like back then. We don't even have close to a top 100 class. What you are saying is completely and utterly useless when attempting to form any conclusion about how well UConn will do.

How stupid can you be? Player ratings are absolute they are not relative, they are created by rating services to give coaches a yardstick on a players talent, they are not perfect but are usually pretty accurate. It gages the physical skill level of the individual recruits. They are given to said players before they committ to a school for the benefit of the player and the coaches recruiting them. When a signed recruiting class is "Rated" it is the average of all the ratings of the individual players in the class.

You said the following....which I took issue with......

This year's recruiting was significantly worse than the prior three years.

.....and that is simply not true, and I pointed out that the average rating for 2019 is better than the prior three years, It has nothing to do with relative rankings of the classes of other teams. Does UConn need to recruit better, yes absolutely, but the fact is UConn recruiting in 2019 is definitely NOT worse than the prior three years.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You've come to the wrong place for optimism - rentschler is where it goes to die. You get points for trying, though.

fify

Reaction Score
How stupid can you be? Player ratings are absolute they are not relative, they are created by rating services to give coaches a yardstick on a players talent, they are not perfect but are usually pretty accurate. It gages the physical skill level of the individual recruits. They are given to said players before they committ to a school for the benefit of the player and the coaches recruiting them. When a signed recruiting class is "Rated" it is the average of all the ratings of the individual players in the class.

You said the following....which I took issue with.

.....and that is simply not true, and I pointed out that the average rating for 2019 is better than the prior three years, It has nothing to do with relative rankings of the classes of other teams. Does UConn need to recruit better, yes absolutely, but the fact is UConn recruiting in 2019 is definitely NOT worse than the prior three years.

I suppose not as stupid as you, you were claiming that because the absolute ratings were better, that meant we had a more competitive class vs the competition and we had a good chance at doing better, but when you compare our class to other schools it is our WORST class ever, which is what the rankings tell you.

So keep arguing some idiocy about how are players are rated better than our player three years ago, insinuating that makes us a better team in the scheme of things, claiming that hope is out there to be better, when the facts say that our class is much worse compared to other classes, who are the actual real life people we actually play against.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I suppose not as stupid as you, you were claiming that because the absolute ratings were better, that meant we had a more competitive class vs the competition and we had a good chance at doing better, but when you compare our class to other schools it is our WORST class ever, which is what the rankings tell you.

So keep arguing some idiocy about how are players are rated better than our player three years ago, insinuating that makes us a better team in the scheme of things, claiming that hope is out there to be better, when the facts say that our class is much worse compared to other classes, who are the actual real life people we actually play against.
Just give this crap up
Eye inspection, without stats, this class is definitely better than the past 4-5

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just give this crap up
Eye inspection, without stats, this class is definitely better than the past 4-5

wow kudos to you for travelling the country to scout all those players

Reaction Score
Nope, never said it, only mentioned UCONN's 2019 class and it's higher rating than the previous three Uconn classes, never mentioned other teams being out recruited by Uconn, BUT YOU DID. Quite the contrary, I stated the opposite that other teams WERE out recruiting Uconn. Not only are you a complete moron, but now a liar as well. You quote any of my posts where I said what you claim I said.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The home games have better spacing this year, imo.

Reaction Score
Nope, never said it, only mentioned UCONN's 2019 class and it's higher rating than the previous three Uconn classes, never mentioned other teams being out recruited by Uconn, BUT YOU DID. Quite the contrary, I stated the opposite that other teams WERE out recruiting Uconn. Not only are you a complete moron, but now a liar as well. You quote any of my posts where I said what you claim I said.

Your whole post was that UConn would be better in actual games because of this recruiting class. The whole essence of why you started in this thread was to explain how this class would make UConn better, in accordance with the original post. Don't make me quote your whole post about how this class makes the difference. I will.

Reaction Score
Just give this crap up

Yeah, why don't you give up. I am pretty sure you miss the entire point of what is being said. They may be better than the last few UConn classes, but every other school's classes are better than their previous classes by more. UConn may have improved from previous classes but has fallen even more behind the competition by far as their class improved less than our peers.

It's pretty damn simple, UConn may have gotten better, but the people it plays got more better, thus UConn got worse when compared to them.

Reaction Score
Yeah, why don't you give up. I am pretty sure you miss the entire point of what is being said. They may be better than the last few UConn classes, but every other school's classes are better than their previous classes by more. UConn may have improved from previous classes but has fallen even more behind the competition by far as their class improved less than our peers.

It's pretty damn simple, UConn may have gotten better, but the people it plays got more better, thus UConn got worse when compared to them.

Back peddling maybe.........talk about contradictory posts. Wow

This year's recruiting was significantly worse than the prior three years.

Reaction Score
Back peddling maybe....talk about contradictory posts. Wow

You are the epitome of a person who thinks they are clever, but who just knows how to mimic things some people who you thought were clever say. I sincerely hope you are not a UConn graduate as you would make all UConn graduates look bad.

Reaction Score
You are the epitome of a person who thinks they are clever, but who just knows how to mimic things some people who you thought were clever say. I sincerely hope you are not a UConn graduate as you would make all UConn graduates look bad.
Thank you for your interest in Uconn Football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom