UConn Football Season Tickets Now Available | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Season Tickets Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like being in the sun. Obviously hotter in the early day games but offers the sunshine during cooler games. November? Forget it, it's just cold.

Reaction Score
I agree, I have sat on both sides, prefer sunny side. I remember the BC game on the shade side... BRRRR

Reaction Score
Sunny side for sure, you can always cool off. Aluminum benches are quite reflective so it is to your advantage to having the seats in front of you filled. Last year a hat didn't help with people leaving early, Sunburn on the bounce from below. Down in the lower bowl it is less windy than up above the concourse, good and bad depending on the ambient temp. The sunny side pays off big time later on in the season. Come on now put those fannies in the seats. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had tickets on both sides. I prefer the shady side by a long-shot. The UConn side is like being in a rotisserie during the early part of the season. I can wear a jacket and gloves in the shady side on a cold day. You can only strip down so far to stay cool on the sunny side.

Late in the season it doesn't matter which side you choose.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I, too, am a Rent Rat by choice. I sat over in the sunny side for 1 quarter of the Rutgers game last year to see what the fuss was all about. 5 rows from the field in chair backs right behind the UCONN bench. I couldn't see a thing. The sun was in my eyes (I was wearing shades and a hat and had my hand up to shield the sun glare) the whole time.

Like others have said, you can always dress for cold temps. Longjohns in late October and November go a long way. Hand warmers too. You can't dress for hot, sunburn and sun glare. Besides, if you are engaged in the game and making noise, you don't feel the cold anyway! :)

Reaction Score
The shady side is definitely the most comfortable for the full season. A blanket and gloves are easy to bring at year end. I sat on the sunny side at Spring game and that further confirmed my thoughts.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback. I purchased 2 upper chair backs in section 201 row 17. It didn't come down to sun or shade after all. The seats I chose were 8 rows closer to the field than what I could get on the sunny side. I believe I'll be somewhere around the 40 yard line. I usually get cheap seats and sit in the chair backs anyway. So I figured its about time I made a bigger contribution to the school and stop being a free bagger. It's kind of like washing your car at the gas station with a squeegee. I don't have to do that any more:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom