UConn Football Season Tickets Now Available | The Boneyard

UConn Football Season Tickets Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Just received an email from UConn saying that we are now able to order/renew our season tickets for 2012. A couple of notes on the communication:

1. They list our 6 home games....and it includes WVU. So is both the B12 and BE going to release schedules with WVU on it. It is going to be way too late for whichever conference doesn't have WVU to reschedule any games. So for anyone who believes the reports that the Big East and WVU were close to a settlement to let WVU leave this year....there is no chance of that happening at this point...they are sending out comunications to the fans/boosters which list WVU on the BE schedule. This is going to get mighty interesting!

2. They lowered the resevered tickets prices and the donation requirement for prefered tickets. Smart move.

3. They now offer a payment plan instead of having to pay all of the payment up front. Very smart move given the economic climate these days. Should have been done years ago...but kudos for at least making that move now. Starting to see progress in the AD/Marketing department...but still have a long way to go. But any progress is worth noting at this point.

4. Part of their communication is : Guarantee your seats for the Michigan game in 2013. For UConn to put that in the official release and marketing of this years tickets....I guess they aren't as worried and concerned as most of us here about Michigan buying their way out of the return game next year.

Reaction Score
Is there a link? Nothing on uconnhuskies.com yet. I would figure that they would at least have the schedule out before the started taking peoples money for season tickets.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the earlier the better, ppl round here have weddings and to plan around uconn fball games.

Reaction Score
I always try to remind people . . . don't be scheduling anything during football season until the schedule comes out. Seriously!!!!! Weddings? That what bye weeks are for. Other ----, for weeks when UConn is on the road (assuming there is no intent to travel to that game). Come on . . . this is fundamental (no rookie mistakes, please). This kind of fair weather fandomship isn't found at Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Georgia and other places. Just a bad fux paux.

Course, on the other hand, maybe this is why I've gotten myself in trouble over the years. Just a theory. Lol

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score

Six game home schedule including West Virginia, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, North Carolina State, UMass and Buffalo.

Reaction Score
I pulled the trigger on mine. Glad to see the cheaper prices. Hoping by buying on day one it'll give me some kind of unseen advantage. Probably not, but hey... can't hurt. ;)

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
I believe it is a new cycle this year (thus the 'lock in your tickets to the Michigan game in 2013' comment). Although there is no mention of a 3-year cycle or any cycle at all. Maybe they are moving to a year-by-year system instead of a 3-year cycle system?

Reaction Score
I always try to remind people . . . don't be scheduling anything during football season until the schedule comes out. Seriously!!!!! Weddings? That what bye weeks are for.

Weddings should only be scheduled between April 1 and the weekend before Memorial Day. I suppose you can get away with June (earlier the better) Other times are just too much of an imposition on your guests.

Summer? Come on, there's only so many summer weekends and you're going to make me sit in some windowless banquet hall for one of them? Inevitably, the summer wedding weekend is always accompanied by pristine weather, and the weekend before and after both suck.

Fall? Football season -- it should just be off-limits. In order to get a church and reception hall you need to book long before the schedule comes out. It's too risky.

Holidays? It's the freaking holidays, people. I've got enough to do already without the added stress of finding some other busy person to watch my kids so I can go see you exchange vows that neither of you are likely to keep.

Nobody wants to get married in January and February. The chance of a member of the wedding party coming down with the stomach flu are way too good.

March is out. NCAA tournament.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Smart moves on all four points.

And points people have been hammering about on this board for years.

Messages like that make me wish I lived within 1000 miles of the Rent. I still fantasize about winning the lottery, getting my private pilots license and renewing my mile high membership on Friday night flights up to Ct. for Saturday games.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Messages like that make me wish I lived within 1000 miles of the Rent. I still fantasize about winning the lottery, getting my private pilots license and renewing my mile high membership on Friday night flights up to Ct. for Saturday games.

I actually live in Chicago...so I am right there with you. But I still get my season tickets each year and usually end up only making one home game per year (and usually at least one road game, plus any bowl game we go to). I know that it would make much more sense financially to not get season tickets and just buy tickets for the one home game I attend. But there is just something psychologically about being a fan and still having season tickets. Plus, like you, I hold out hope that one day I will be independently wealthy and be able to attend all home games.

Reaction Score
Did parking prices go up again? The season parking pass is $95 for 6 games which is over the $15 a game which it was last year. Trying to decide if its worth getting ahead of time since i park in Red anyways- the Rentschler Field website still says $12

Reaction Score
My order is paid and in. Big time progress in marketing and advertising ticket sales so far. Payment plans. Parking prices I think did go up, and if that's correct, that balances out the ticket price decrease. Smart move. More tickets = more tailgaters, means more cars, that need passes, and there's more then enough room for all the cars you can possibly need out there on the runway. We'll see if it all translates into actual sales, but based on what I experienced last night, I'm not worried. Arrow pointing up.

I also found it very interesting that WVU is listed as a home game on all the stuff. I'm not surprised at all that they are listed as a home game. What it means is that if WVU does manage to buy themselves out of the Big EAst for 2012, it just got a hell of a lot more expensive.

I'd anticipate that everybody in the big east with WVU on the home schedule is going to be putting out their ticket packages with them on it too.

So far, the big 12, has no legal grounds whatsover to put out anything to public with WVU listed on it.

THat whole mess is going to get real intersting soon. Arbitration is scheduled for next week.

Reaction Score
How do you even go about buying season tickets? Some are getting emails. If I never had them what is my course of action right now?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'd just give 1-877-AT-UCONN a call and they will set you right up.

Reaction Score
Any idea where a new season ticket holder would be seated? Does a request for sunny side bring success? What percent of preferred tickets are currently held by season holder? Appreciate any thoughts you might have about seating and various locations.

Reaction Score
I believe that the preferred seats have sold out as season tickets for the last few years.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Any idea where a new season ticket holder would be seated? Does a request for sunny side bring success? What percent of preferred tickets are currently held by season holder? Appreciate any thoughts you might have about seating and various locations.
When I ordered my tickets, I spoke with the ticket office (1-800-AT-UCONN)... I requested sunny-side seats, and that's exactly what I got.

Reaction Score
When I ordered my tickets, I spoke with the ticket office (1-800-AT-UCONN)... I requested sunny-side seats, and that's exactly what I got.

Try giving out the right phone number 1-877-AT-UCONN.

Reaction Score
Just bought mine today and requested the same, upper chair backs on sunny side. We'll see how it goes...

Reaction Score
Just renewed thanks again j187 money talked some sense into this boy

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
what do you guys think, over or under 26k season tix sold come opening game? i say OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom