UConn Football is Fun Again | The Boneyard

UConn Football is Fun Again

Reaction Score
Fans haven’t left yet - that’s a good thing

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We will probably finish 2-10 this year, but with a coaching staff we can trust and some young players playing well on offense. This is a rebuild, but might be more of a 3 year rebuild than a 5 year rebuild.

Lashlee is tremendous. There is no reason for him not to be a head coach somewhere next year.

Reaction Score
The coaches need to make some adjustments. Sometimes the offense needs to run some clock off to keep the other team from scoring. And, the defense needs to make some adjustments to the 3-3-5 for this year.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sitting here with a guy a few seats away who is so damn negative as he always is. I don’t know what he expects. Our pass D is horrible and Memphis can score. Guy thinks we should be stoppingthem and griping about O.
He has no clue that our O is like night and day from last few years. Fun to watch. Lots of yards and 24 points at the half is at least 17 more than we would have had had last year. Horrible turnovers in the last three minutes. D can’t deal with that.

Reaction Score
Yes this is garbage. We should hire Nelson Muntz as the AD and Jimmy Serrano as HC.

That would cure the stench of Diaco and PP quickly.

Get a grip Jimmy and go back into hiding.

It's a process. Most educated football fans know it.

Randy is back to building a program, just like he did the first time.

Stop already.

Reaction Score
....and the lack of talent is our current coaching staff's responsibility, how?

Remember when we killed PGDL when they stubbornly kept trying to fit square pegs into round holes? It happening on D right now. The roster is not AAC level but it's impossible to be worse than this running a more traditional scheme.

This defense couldn't stop an old lady with 2 broken legs crossing the street.

This is not fun. It's terrible. TDH got hiscwish. Enjoy.

Reaction Score
Yes this is garbage. We should hire Nelson Muntz as the AD and Jimmy Serrano as HC.

Stop already.

Oh I'm sorry did I hurt your player parent buddies feelings? Don't worry Art you and a select few others will have all the room you want at the Rent. It'll be just you and the rest of the pollyannas left on the BY. Don't forget to turn off the lights.

Reaction Score
Oh I'm sorry did I hurt your player parent buddies? Don't worry Art you and a select few others will have all the room you want at the Rent. It'll be just you and the rest of the pollyannas left on the BY. Don't forget to turn off the lights.

I do not know 1 parent on this team. Not 1.

You sound just like the rest of the drama queens on this board.

Most educated fans know that they don't have a round or square peg to put un the whole due to the previous coaching staffs.

Leave it to an attention seeker like you to dismiss the offensive progress and whine about the obvious problems.

It's a process that will take a few years. Please don't whine the whole time.

Reaction Score
I do not know 1 parent on this team. Not 1.

You sound just like the rest of the drama queens on this board.

Most educated fans know that they don't have a round or square peg to put un the whole due to the previous coaching staffs.

Leave it to an attention seeker like you to dismiss the offensive progress and whine about the obvious problems.

It's a process that will take a few years. Please don't whine the whole time.

Don't worry Art I'll be gone again and the BY will be ripe with riveting discussion about going 13-0 and all other kinds of nonsense.

Enjoy.

Reaction Score

Stop already.
And Diaco was supposed to cure the stench of PP. Rinse, Wash, Repeat. We are a dead end program

Reaction Score
Remember when we killed PGDL when they stubbornly kept trying to fit square pegs into round holes? It happening on D right now. The roster is not AAC level but it's impossible to be worse than this running a more traditional scheme.

This defense couldn't stop an old lady with 2 broken legs crossing the street.

This is not fun. It's terrible. TDH got hiscwish. Enjoy.

I got my wish? I want an offense that can score touchdowns like everyone else in college football. Yeah, the offense has been the prroblem. What I didn't count on was the defense being weaker than a good high school team. I guess at UConn you can't be respectable on one side of the ball without being disgraceful on the other.

At lest the first half was fun. Under Bobby-Boy D, the game wasn't ever fun. So go back to wishing for 3 yards and cloud of dust and 14- 10 scores. And FWIW, you can't be good at this level by recruiting kids whose only other offers are Stony Brook, SUNY Albany, New Hampshire and Buffalo. This team wouldn't be good at the the D2 level.

Reaction Score
....and the lack of talent is our current coaching staff's responsibility, how?

I don't know, but have they covered one time all year? Last week they might have pushed and that's only because the line got bet up. I don't think it's a good thing when Vegas is actually overpricing our team and it's definitely not a sign of good coaching. Unless you're telling me the only way to fix the program is by tearing it down, which sounds familiar...

Reaction Score
I don't know, but have they covered one time all year? Last week they might have pushed and that's only because the line got bet up. I don't think it's a good thing when Vegas is actually overpricing our team and it's definitely not a sign of good coaching. Unless you're telling me the only way to fix the program is by tearing it down, which sounds familiar...
we have no depth at all and everyone is slow.

Reaction Score
We should keep optimism. The program isn't dead. It was dead and reviving the program will take time. Turn around on O is remarkable when by all accounts it was the view it would take years to revive. The D is an utter mess, but fixing the D is an easier task. We just need to get the right type of aggressive, instinctive players on the field. D is half attitude and the mentality is just not there. But, it will come because we can recruit non-skill position size and speed and coach then up. I don't see Crocker making the trip, though, and something has to give On that front.

Reaction Score
We should keep optimism. The program isn't dead. It was dead and reviving the program will take time. Turn around on O is remarkable when by all accounts it was the view it would take years to revive. The D is an utter mess, but fixing the D is an easier task. We just need to get the right type of aggressive, instinctive players on the field. D is half attitude and the mentality is just not there. But, it will come because we can recruit non-skill position size and speed and coach then up. I don't see Crocker making the trip, though, and something has to give On that front.
why do you keep pretending the 3-3-5 scheme is some strange experiment?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom