OT: - UConn football coach Randy Edsall announces retirement [edit] Now effective immediately | The Boneyard

OT: UConn football coach Randy Edsall announces retirement [edit] Now effective immediately

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score

Thought he had retired before the season started. I stand corrected.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Thought he had retired before the season started. I stand corrected.
And I didn't realize UConn still had a football team. All kinds of misconceptions are being blown up today :D

Reaction Score
Good riddance! His incentive laden contract has fleeced the state/university. Will Benedict be held responsible?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Surprised he did not just resign effective immediately. 10 games left. this is going to be interesting.
The issue, as I understand it, is that UConn doesn't have someone ready to step in -- eg, there's not an assistant coach considered ready to be an interim HC.

Reaction Score
Does Hillman know anything about football? It may take all year to find a coach willing to come here.
The only way that might be a good idea is if Uconn wanted to chase all of their current players into the transfer portal and start with the cleanest slate possible.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Our WBB team must be thinking?

Geez, we are used to blow outs in the BE but come on.

Bright side, more time to study. :oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Our WBB team must be thinking?

Geez, we are used to blow outs in the BE but come on.

Bright side, more time to study. :oops::oops:
That and "well I guess we'll never be in a P5 conference as long as we're here" because it will never happen until football is good enough to warrant an invite.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Several years ago, I suggested that UConn follow in the footsteps of another school whose football program was anemic and on life support. South Carolina decided to go all in (Jim Fassel), and push all of their chips to the center of the table.

They hired a head football coach (Steve Spurrier) who came in and resuscitated the program, and lifted it to a top 5 national ranking. How much longer is UConn football going to stay mired in mediocrity? What’s the definition of insanity? In spite of the efforts to improve the program, the results of the last two gams is very disappointing.

Even the most ardent and loyal fans can only take so much. I dr into the chat room at the beginning of the game to learn what the long time fans were thinking. Their comments were not good. Is that the approach the administration has been taking with the football program? You decide.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Several years ago, I suggested that UConn follow in the footsteps of another school whose football program was anemic and on life support. South Carolina decided to go all in (Jim Fassel), and push all of their chips to the center of the table.

They hired a head football coach (Steve Spurrier) who came in and resuscitated the program, and lifted it to a top 5 national ranking. How much longer is UConn football going to stay mired in mediocrity? What’s the definition of insanity? In spite of the efforts to improve the program, the results of the last two gams is very disappointing.

Even the most ardent and loyal fans can only take so much. I dr into the chat room at the beginning of the game to learn what the long time fans were thinking. Their comments were not good. Is that the approach the administration has been taking with the football program? You decide.

that fits our hire of Lou Holtz a little better.

Reaction Score
His son will move from TE coach to Head Coach. I believe that language was buried somewhere in Dandy's contract language. Keepin' it in the family.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just took a look at the rest of UConn’s FB schedule to see if there’s a possibility of a W during the remainder of the season. The best chances are vs UMass & Yale. But I certainly wouldn’t bet the farm on a UConn win in either game.

Reaction Score
Have written this previously but wondering what the pros and cons are of UConn football moving back to FCS Division. Very difficult for New England team to recruit and there are a number of natural competitors at this level.

Reaction Score
Nutty idea: how about a limit of 75 characters on thread titles?

Reaction Score
Ouch!
Early season football guarantees usually ensure a win.

UConn football was not the only team to pay out a large guarantee and get beat.
Georgia Tech paid Northern Illinois $1 million and lost.
Illinois paid the Citadel $400,000 and lost
Washington paid Montana $675,000 and lost.
Vanderbilt paid East Tenn $ 415,000 and 60 hotel rooms and lost.

I would score that FCS 5 FBS 0

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Early season football guarantees usually ensure a win.

UConn football was not the only team to pay out a large guarantee and get beat.
Georgia Tech paid Northern Illinois $1 million and lost.
Illinois paid the Citadel $400,000 and lost
Washington paid Montana $675,000 and lost.
Vanderbilt paid East Tenn $ 415,000 and 60 hotel rooms and lost.

I would score that FCS 5 FBS 0
I guess misery loves company. But losing to Holy Cross hurts however you cut it.

Reaction Score
Have written this previously but wondering what the pros and cons are of UConn football moving back to FCS Division. Very difficult for New England team to recruit and there are a number of natural competitors at this level.
There is no reason for UConn not to move back to FCS.

Except for Boston College, football in New England does not resemble FBS football in any way. Boston College has a large/wealthy/vocal alumni group and the legend of Doug Flutie in their back pocket. Only way they make it work.

UConn should be playing Maine, UNH, U Mass, Holy Cross etc every year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom