UConn Football adds Yale (2021) and FIU (2025/2027) to future schedules | The Boneyard

UConn Football adds Yale (2021) and FIU (2025/2027) to future schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

>>The reigning Ivy League Champion Bulldogs will retake the field in 2021 after missing this past season due to the COVID-19 pandemic. UConn also canceled its 2020 campaign because of the coronavirus.

"We are excited to have UConn on our football schedule this fall," said Victoria M. "Vicky" Chun, Thomas A. Beckett Director of Athletics. "Our fans have been clamoring for this matchup for decades and we are happy to come through for them. Yale and UConn football have had a long history together and David (Benedict) and I are happy to bring the in-state rivalry back again."<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok for a fill in game for 2021 when we need home games badly. Not something I would encourage long term unless they are the one 1-A team we play per year. Lets not get in the habit of scheduling more than one of these a year. We need to work really hard to bring quality match ups to the Rent. I realize that is easier said than done, but if you want eyeballs in the stands give them something worth watching.

Reaction Score
I hope there would be a return game to the Yale Bowl- thatd be pretty cool
I'm hoping for the same. Never been to the Yale Bowl and this would give me no excuse to not go.

Reaction Score
Ok for a fill in game for 2021 when we need home games badly. Not something I would encourage long term unless they are the one 1-A team we play per year. Lets not get in the habit of scheduling more than one of these a year. We need to work really hard to bring quality match ups to the Rent. I realize that is easier said than done, but if you want eyeballs in the stands give them something worth watching.
2021 is a mulligan for me in terms of scheduling post global pandemic. The 2022 and on schedules are very appealing so far.

Reaction Score
Been to the Yale bowl many, many times. It ain't much. Very old and run down, even with the spruce up a few years ago.

Reaction Score
I went to the Yale-Harvard game last year. Yale was good that day (great comeback) and I assume Reno will continue the upward trajectory. It should be more competitive than it was in the few years before the series was canceled. I was at the last one in 1998. UConn literally scored every time they had the ball. They never punted.

Reaction Score
If you're going to schedule NEC or Patriot level FCS opponents every year I'd rather it be them. The seating at the Yale Bowl was designed for people of medieval stature.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wonder if there is a waiver for the game to count toward bowl eligibility due to how screwy things are. Went to Yale vs Army a few years ago in the bowl - it was so nostalgic on many levels and a great game!!

Reaction Score
Wonder if there is a waiver for the game to count toward bowl eligibility due to how screwy things are. Went to Yale vs Army a few years ago in the bowl - it was so nostalgic on many levels and a great game!!

There was a waiver for 2020-2021 bowl eligibility allowing 2 FCS schools... it remains to be seen what they do (if anything) for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom