UConn Football adds H/H with UAB (2024/2025) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Football adds H/H with UAB (2024/2025)

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Have you ever heard of “Customers” or “Ticket Revenues”? Yes, you should listen to your customers in any business. They are the ones who pay the bills, when things are working properly. Did you know we had a $40M annual AD deficit?
Chief has had a fairly successful business career, and I suggest you stay in the pepband and contribute that way.

1) His customers have made it clear they like travelling to great buy games and getting recognized and interesting opponents. There will be fill, but nitpicking every H/H, which is crucial for recruiting and filling out a valid 12-game schedule, is folly.
2) Thanks for the potshot. Not discounting the fact I may be more successful - do you schedule your meetings at 11:11, Mr Awesomeman?

Reaction Score
1) His customers have made it clear they like travelling to great buy games and getting recognized and interesting opponents. There will be fill, but nitpicking every H/H, which is crucial for recruiting and filling out a valid 12-game schedule, is folly.
2) Thanks for the potshot. Not discounting the fact I may be more successful - do you schedule your meetings at 11:11, Mr Awesomeman?
If you are under the understanding that UConn football is viewed as a program that nationally travels well - you are delusional. Fiesta Bowl? Chief has travel on road trips and its fun and the comradely is great but the program is not there yet as an economic engine that people are going to schedule around.

My statement that Chief has been “fairly successful in business” was written in a rather understated manner - and I think most people get that. To you, given your abundance of insecurities, it was bragging about my success. The context was not about my success but about how you need to listen to customers to be successful in business. You strike me as someone who spends a great deal of time thinking about and saying what you want to say to enlighten everyone else. In business, the smarter approach is to listen to your customers and then respond to them with both actions and words to meet the needs they expressed.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
If you are under the understanding that UConn football is viewed as a program that nationally travels well - you are delusional. Fiesta Bowl? Chief has travel on road trips and its fun and the comradely is great but the program is not there yet as an economic engine that people are going to schedule around.

My statement that Chief has been “fairly successful in business” was written in a rather understated manner - and I think most people get that. To you, given your abundance of insecurities, it was bragging about my success. The context was not about my success but about how you need to listen to customers to be successful in business. You strike me as someone who spends a great deal of time thinking about and saying what you want to say to enlighten everyone else. In business, the smarter approach is to listen to your customers and then respond to them with both actions and words to meet the needs they expressed.

The fiesta bowl isn't a buy game. If anything, if it were, we wouldn't have agreed to the terms of it. Try to keep up.

"Chief has had a fairly successful business career, and I suggest you stay in the pepband and contribute that way." is about as understated as my 11:11 remark (i.e. not at all). That being said, mine is factual. You are inept when it comes to football (if not elsewhere), and should know your place.

Reaction Score
I just clarified my last post to make consistent with my other posts in the thread - I was referring to the number of P5 HOME games.
While we'd be on the road for around half of the other P5 series games scheduled. So we'd need 5 home and home series with P5 schools every year to reach 2.5 home P5 games a year.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
While we'd be on the road for around half of the other P5 series games scheduled. So we'd need 5 home and home series with P5 schools every year to reach 2.5 home P5 games a year.

Indeed. Counting just home games is similarly silly, but less so. Yes, we need an interesting home schedule, but by prioritizing teams which will actually visit East Hartford, it will knock some teams out. In short, Wake is coming to the Rent, Clemson isn't. Ole Miss is coming, Tennessee isn't. Treat buys as buys, and try to get as many reasonable H:H's as possible. As we improve, we can possibly dictate a little better teams moving from "Buy" to "H/H" to "Series," but we're not in a position of strength at the moment.

If anything, agreed almost to a person with any Season ticket holders or fan I've talked to, we've overachieved on this front, especially given the timescales that our move brought upon us. All but the casual fans "get" how difficult the deck we had was, and our output has been about as good as we could have hoped.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is coming to East Hartford. We'll show those snotty SEC screwballs we have houses older than their states around our stadium.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is coming to East Hartford. We'll show those snotty SEC screwballs we have houses older than their states around our stadium.

Oh...but if you've ever watched the Vols play Alabama in Knoxville, you'd be amazed at the sound emanating from 100,000 toothless mouths..

Loud, eerie, hairs will stand up...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
2023 according to Future FBS...11/4...look up Vol's sched...
That’s in Knoxville. It was supposed to be a H/H but was postponed “indefinitely” and eventually reduced to a single game (against TN wishes) in Knoxville in 2023.

Reaction Score
2023 according to Future FBS...11/4...look up Vol's sched...
Sigh... UConn at Tennessee football game moved up to 2023 season

1622648462941.png

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
1 - Former Big East teams
2 - ACC
3 - Any P5
4 - Temple/Cincinnati/USF/UCF
5 - Independents
6 - G5
7 - FCS

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think in TX, we could target UTSA, UNT, Rice, MAYBE SMU, and Texas State as H/H series of realistic possibilities. TCU plays only 3 non conference games as part of the 9 game Big XII schedule and plays @ SMU in even years for their annual rivalry game, I’d say the odds of getting them to agree to a game in CT are slim. TTU and TX I don’t see it happening at all. Baylor has played some really random H/H series in the past (Buffalo anyone?) but those days are gone IMO
Like you listed, there are plenty of TX schools at various levels that getting one on our schedule seems like it should be easy. Honestly, it shouldn't matter who we play, just get a game in TX in a good location for recruiting. We were getting some players from there, would hate to see those inroads dry up.

Rice, SMU, Houston are all in great recruiting areas and scheduleable games IMO. Getting TCU would be nice but I'd just be happy with a TX school in a good recruiting area.

Reaction Score
Like you listed, there are plenty of TX schools at various levels that getting one on our schedule seems like it should be easy. Honestly, it shouldn't matter who we play, just get a game in TX in a good location for recruiting. We were getting some players from there, would hate to see those inroads dry up.

Rice, SMU, Houston are all in great recruiting areas and scheduleable games IMO. Getting TCU would be nice but I'd just be happy with a TX school in a good recruiting area.

When you add the annual SMU (they'll play every year) and FCS (Patterson wants one a year) games to the existing P5's already scheduled with 9 conference games TCU is booked through 2030.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
When you add the annual SMU (they'll play every year) and FCS (Patterson wants one a year) games to the existing P5's already scheduled with 9 conference games TCU is booked through 2030.
Like I said, TCU would have been nice but if it can't happen, there are plenty of other Texas schools to schedule

Reaction Score
Did some checking on open dates according to FBSchedules.com | College and Pro Football Schedules ( + to 2029)

TEX schools
Baylor-2024+
Texas-2027+
TX Tech-2028+
TX A&M- 2025+
SMU- 2025 +
HOU- 2023 +
N.TX- 2026, 2027
RICE- 2024 +
USTA- 2021, 2025+
TEX St.-2026+

Rutgers- 2022, 2024+