UConn Football 2018 National Signing Day/Press Conference Coverage | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Football 2018 National Signing Day/Press Conference Coverage

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still, like what Edsall said about Kevon Jones and how he was very underrated in the state and I believe him. Sio Moore, Danny Lasanah, Julis Williams, Lawerence Wilson, Lutrus, and Greg Llyod Jr. The highest rated class was 66th on Rivals and most times they were around 80 or so. I trust Edsall, more than ratings. He put 27 players in the NFL and five more that I remember in the CFL.

Reaction Score
Some semi useless info, but since I went through time it took to look up thought might as well show. Looked at a site the listed 2018 recruits by # and type of offers. Listed only FBS offered players and was per players info (site listed problems with this but so be it). Had total of 3,856 players with at least 1 FBS offer. They also had a column for how many "top 25 team" offers did the player have (didn't see actual list of who top 25 teams were) and this was 1,050 with at least one, some had more than 20.
So in the UConn pool of potential recruits if this listing were 100% accurate as to more and higher offers = better players then 27% best players have option to go to top 25 team and since all don't (just divide 1,050 by 25 and too many per school) some go to other schools but haven't seen anywhere that UConn beat out top 25 team for a recruit. So UConn has to compete without a single player amongst the top 1,050 in the country.
Not saying that UConn should be getting some of these top guys, but just think how that degree of difficulty factors into trying to be competitive. I think I have a better appreciation of what UCF did last year and vs. "talent" Auburn had available to them, another tip of the hat to our conference mates who did well.

Reaction Score
Some semi useless info, but since I went through time it took to look up thought might as well...
...Not saying that UConn should be getting some of these top guys, but just think how that degree of difficulty factors into trying to be competitive. I think I have a better appreciation of what UCF did last year and vs. "talent" Auburn had available to them, another tip of the hat to our conference mates who did well.

Great work. Thanks for that.

What UCF did in the last two yeas was amazing. It takes a lot of talent as a coaching staff to take a G5 program that was 0-12 and in two years win a NY6 bowl and yes, one of the best teams in the country. Coaching kids up is a must at our level. I’m confident RE 2.0 et al can do it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Winning is the only way this turns around, end of story. We had momentum when RE left and PP and BD destroyed that and then some. It will take a massive effort by a coaching staff to make this team into a competitor. It will need to be done with underrated recruits. I trust (really, what else can we do?) that RE can do this again. He did it first go round and I have to believe he knows the kids he's getting and what they can do and will have them competing again in a few years. Unfortunately, this year will be ugly but who knows.

Once this team even goes 6-6 we should be able to pull better recruiting grades. Until then, we can't dwell on these numbers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom