UConn fined for storming the court | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn fined for storming the court

Reaction Score
Didn't Providence fans storm the court after the Xavier 3OT game? I guess the Big East needs the cash.

Reaction Score
Is there a charity to teach refs to officiate the game without bias?
I was thinking along the same lines. Donate to the organization that trains seeing eye dogs on behalf of the Big East officials.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
So, storm msg court in every round?

Reaction Score
I never knew there was a fine for that. BS if you ask me, but hopefully the money goes to good causes. I'd like to see an animal shelter get a donation. People don't realize how financially difficult it is to operate one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is there a charity to teach refs to officiate the game without bias?
8DCADBAB-5773-454B-91B7-A30816D8C2FC.jpeg

Reaction Score
Providence will get whacked for it for last night. The probably don’t mind.

Reaction Score
Apparently this is a national thing. Who knew?

“The NCAA fines schools whose fans rush the field or the court. Currently, the penalties assessed to schools are fairly paltry. First-time offenders are billed $5,000, second violations bring the fine to $25,000 and third-time offenses earn a $50,000 penalty.”

Some conferences like the Big East just go with the minimum. Some like the SEC have fines start at $100,000 fine for rushing the field in football.

Reaction Score

-> UConn’s obligation can be met with a donation to its preferred charity. Sullivan’s request — one UConn will honor, an athletic department spokesman said Tuesday — was for the $5,000 to be directed to the Husky Ticket Project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that purchases tickets to UConn athletic events for underprivileged children.

Why? Because he wants more children to have the type of experience that defined his own childhood. Larry Sullivan, Matt Sullivan’s father, is the real Big Larry. A UConn graduate himself, Larry died of a heart attack while Matt was a junior in Storrs.

“He was a huge basketball guy,” said Sullivan, 46. “We’d go to games in old Fieldhouse. Then we got him tickets to the first game at Gampel against St. John’s [in 1990]. I’ve never seen my dad cry. But he almost cried, he was so happy. We would always watch games together and listen to [WTIC] 1080 on his radio, all the old broadcasters. And there used to a newspaper, Husky Blue and White. He’d subscribe. One of my favorites things is he would read it — on the hopper, like Elvis — and then give it to me and I’d get to read it.” <-

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

-> UConn’s obligation can be met with a donation to its preferred charity. Sullivan’s request — one UConn will honor, an athletic department spokesman said Tuesday — was for the $5,000 to be directed to the Husky Ticket Project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that purchases tickets to UConn athletic events for underprivileged children.

Why? Because he wants more children to have the type of experience that defined his own childhood. Larry Sullivan, Matt Sullivan’s father, is the real Big Larry. A UConn graduate himself, Larry died of a heart attack while Matt was a junior in Storrs.

“He was a huge basketball guy,” said Sullivan, 46. “We’d go to games in old Fieldhouse. Then we got him tickets to the first game at Gampel against St. John’s [in 1990]. I’ve never seen my dad cry. But he almost cried, he was so happy. We would always watch games together and listen to [WTIC] 1080 on his radio, all the old broadcasters. And there used to a newspaper, Husky Blue and White. He’d subscribe. One of my favorites things is he would read it — on the hopper, like Elvis — and then give it to me and I’d get to read it.” <-

I love people like this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom