UConn Field Hockey 2018 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Field Hockey 2018

Reaction Score
So UConn gets 2 road wins this week including 3-0 at #10 Syracuse and loses its 1st place ranking? Probably best for them as it gives them even more motivation but it just goes to show you even after 3 National Titles in 5 years the way the Power 5 shills for its own.

And why exactly is that UNC game being played at BC again? Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
So UConn gets 2 road wins this week including 3-0 at #10 Syracuse and loses its 1st place ranking? Probably best for them as it gives them even more motivation but it just goes to show you even after 3 National Titles in 5 years the way the Power 5 shills for its own.

And why exactly is that UNC game being played at BC again? Makes no sense.

Tbe last time North Carolina and UConn played each other on a home field was in Storrs in 2001. They don't often play during the regular season, but when they do it is usually on a neutral field at either Boston College or Old Dominion. Go figure.

Reaction Score

No. 2 Huskies Rout Quinnipiac in BIG EAST Opener - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics

Next week UConn field hockey plays in Virginia, taking on undefeated Big East foe Old Dominion. Former national power ODU is sporting a 7-0 record including a road win over Virginia., is making something of a bid to return to national prominence after watching their program slide off the map in recent years. We'll see what type of game they can give UConn on their home turf.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn at Old Dominion. UConn has a 3-1 lead about 10 minutes into the second half.

Reaction Score
UConn field hockey has a big home game against undefeated No. 3 Maryland on Sunday.

I caved and signed back up for Huskies All-Access in order to watch this game. SMH. I said I wouldn't given the current state of our soccer programs, but oh well...

Reaction Score
I caved and signed back up for Huskies All-Access in order to watch this game. SMH. I said I wouldn't given the current state of our soccer programs, but oh well...

There is more to Husky All Access other than the soccer programs. Field hockey in the fall, ice hockey in the winter, baseball in the spring, among other sports. Occasionally it gives you access to watch road games operate off the same service provider.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This one's on me. After yesterday's FB debacle we decided to drive to Storrs to watch a good team play. My first FH game and they were as flat as a pancake until the last 15 minutes or so. They were terribly outshot. Hope they can rebound.

Reaction Score
This one's on me. After yesterday's FB debacle we decided to drive to Storrs to watch a good team play. My first FH game and they were as flat as a pancake until the last 15 minutes or so. They were terribly outshot. Hope they can rebound.

I went to the women's soccer game (I hadn't been to one of their games since the beginning of the season, and I wanted to see if their had been any improvement in their game), and I was seriously thinking of heading over to field hockey at half time if the soccer game was a blow out. Central Florida got off to a 4-0 lead in the first half before UConn mounted something of a comeback to trail by only one goa before losing 5-3. When I checked the field hockey score at halftime, Maryland was up 4-0, so I decided against going to the rest of the game. The only UConn field hockey game I had ever gone to was the 1981 national championship win over UMass, so I figured it was best to keep my perfect record in field hockey still active.

Reaction Score

This is a pretty young team, with I believe six starters who are freshmen and sophomores. Hopefully they will learn from this and show some improvement and added cohesion as the season progresses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom