Uconn fans expect too much....... | The Boneyard

Uconn fans expect too much.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The team is fine......You have three freshmen. They have a lot of talent, but, are freshmen. Maybe the build up was too much by Geno, on Stewart. She will be very good, but, the adjustment from high school to college takes time. She is up against bigger, stronger, older players, that don't back down. They are not going to win every game by 30 points, as many of you predicted for Maryland and Penn State. And when that does not happen, you blame the players. I would stack their team, individually up against any other college team. Next, you will be blaming the coaching. If you watch other college teams you will see sloppy, disorganized play. Beating two top ten teams by 15 is not the end of the world. Sit back, enjoy the ride and leave the driving to the taxi driver..........

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Are you seriously lumping all Uconn together? Sure there are extremes of fans, but those go both ways, positive and negative but why do you think you need to tell them how to post?

I prefer realistic posts, but if you are going to be extreme I prefer positive.

Reaction Score
Are you seriously lumping all Uconn together? Sure there are extremes of fans, but those go both ways, positive and negative but why do you think you need to tell them how to post?

Reaction Score

He's right. Did everyone imagine Breanna Stewart would come in and average 30 points, 15 rebounds and 10 blocked shots. She won't average 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocked shots. Neither did Britney Griner. Geno once mentioned that when Baylor signed Griner that people were saying that they would never lose a game. They've won one championship and at most will win two. They're not going to break UConn's win streak or win four championships in a row and that's with the most dominating women's college player ever. Notice I didn't say best. UConn fans are alarmists. Stefanie will continue to play hard, Bria will get back her mojo, the three freshmen will improve in time for March and UConn will be in the Final Four with a shot at the championship. You all need to chill.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Why shouldn't fans expect a lot from an elite program, with a team stuffed with talent and coached by a legend?

Nobody is saying the team must be undefeated (well, with one notable exception :) ) or even that they have to win the NC this year. But I think that most fans expect them to play to their abilities and for a bunch of reasons they haven't done that in the last couple of games.

The point isn't that they've beat a couple of ranked teams by double digits, the point is that for the most part they have looked terrible doing it.

Reaction Score
I think we expect what Geno demands The difference is Geno can do something about it when his expectaction aren't met and he usually does correct it. We can't do anything about it if it doesn't happen and we are really not disappointed when it doesn't.

Reaction Score
He's right. Did everyone imagine Breanna Stewart would come in and average 30 points, 15 rebounds and 10 blocked shots. She won't average 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocked shots. Neither did Britney Griner. Geno once mentioned that when Baylor signed Griner that people were saying that they would never lose a game. They've won one championship and at most will win two. They're not going to break UConn's win streak or win four championships in a row and that's with the most dominating women's college player ever. Notice I didn't say best. UConn fans are alarmists. Stefanie will continue to play hard, Bria will get back her mojo, the three freshmen will improve in time for March and UConn will be in the Final Four with a shot at the championship. You all need to chill.
Thank you another voice of reason. But, as one poster said, I am not "lumping all of Uconn fans". If you have never watched the movie "HOOSIERS", DO IT. Get an idea how fans can react. Also, I don't think I told anyone how to post.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Why shouldn't fans expect a lot from an elite program, with a team stuffed with talent and coached by a legend?

Nobody is saying the team must be undefeated (well, with one notable exception :) ) or even that they have to win the NC this year. But I think that most fans expect them to play to their abilities and for a bunch of reasons they haven't done that in the last couple of games.

The point isn't that they've beat a couple of ranked teams by double digits, the point is that for the most part they have looked terrible doing it.
Very well said and I agree 100%.

Reaction Score
Brittney Griner is the most dominating player is Wcbb right NOW not ever IMO ...

Reaction Score
And its not that we expect to much its just that we've been spoiled .. big difference

Reaction Score
The team is fine......You have three freshmen. They have a lot of talent, but, are freshmen. Maybe the build up was too much by Geno, on Stewart. She will be very good, but, the adjustment from high school to college takes time. She is up against bigger, stronger, older players, that don't back down. They are not going to win every game by 30 points, as many of you predicted for Maryland and Penn State. And when that does not happen, you blame the players. I would stack their team, individually up against any other college team. Next, you will be blaming the coaching. If you watch other college teams you will see sloppy, disorganized play. Beating two top ten teams by 15 is not the end of the world. Sit back, enjoy the ride and leave the driving to the taxi driver..........

You sit back and leave the instructions of "maybe the build up was too much", "you blame the players", "Next, you will be blaming the coaching", "Sit back, enjoy the ride tna leave the driving to the taxi driver..........."; to more experienced posters. You obviously expect too much from posters, sit back and enjoy the discussions and leave the posting to experienced posters; your time will come.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
You sit back and leave the instructions of "maybe the build up was too much", "you blame the players", "Next, you will be blaming the coaching", "Sit back, enjoy the ride tna leave the driving to the taxi driver..........."; to more experienced posters. You obviously expect too much from posters, sit back and enjoy the discussions and leave the posting to experienced posters; your time will come.

you rang?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Thank you another voice of reason. But, as one poster said, I am not "lumping all of Uconn fans". If you have never watched the movie "HOOSIERS", DO IT. Get an idea how fans can react. Also, I don't think I told anyone how to post.

"Uconn fans expect too much" - Not lumping all UConn fans? Sure sounds like it to me.

" If you have never watched the movie "HOOSIERS", DO IT. " - So now you te3lling me to watch a movie? I've seen it more than once. Are you comparing HS fans of a cinderalla team to College fans of the best program in WCBB?

"Sit back, enjoy the ride and leave the driving to the taxi driver" - looks to me that you are telling posters not to post about how optimistic they.

Reaction Score
"Why shouldn't fans expect a lot from an elite program, with a team stuffed with talent and coached by a legend? "
Maybe because the role of fans is to support, not critique??

I understand that it's fun to play 'armchair coach' and try to analyze what's good and what could use improvement, but when it reaches the point that double-digit wins against top-10 opponents are considered failures because they 'looked terrible doing it', it seems an indication that fans are a mite spoiled.

Reaction Score
So, you think I am playing like a freshman..... So, you don't expect too much of me.

Reaction Score
"Uconn fans expect too much" - Not lumping all UConn fans? Sure sounds like it to me.

" If you have never watched the movie "HOOSIERS", DO IT. " - So now you te3lling me to watch a movie? I've seen it more than once. Are you comparing HS fans of a cinderalla team to College fans of the best program in WCBB?

"Sit back, enjoy the ride and leave the driving to the taxi driver" - looks to me that you are telling posters not to post about how optimistic they.
That is an area, that Geno and I agree on, YES. Uconn fans expect too much. A good team is just not enough. Some of you must have snow to shovel, so get on it.

Reaction Score

Wanna share a cab......??

Reaction Score
chrissaran, I notice you basically agreed with me and did not get attacked. Come on, I need help under the boards..... LOL

Reaction Score
I'm sorta glad that we're not hitting on all cylinders at this stage of the season, and I suspect that Geno might be as well. It's a long time until April and if things came too easily too soon, I'd be worried about complacency and overconfidence. The potential for this team is clearly apparent, and I believe the coaches will make things happen, step by step. In Geno's words, they will "figure it out."

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
chrissaran, I notice you basically agreed with me and did not get attacked. Come on, I need help under the boards..... LOL

Wow, 4 posts in a row. What are you trying to do pump up your post count?

You show up on the board and immediately start telling everyone how they should think, act and post about a team that most of us have followed for many years. Some people are going to resent that, especially coming from a newbie.

As I've been told by the mods many times - it's all in the presentation.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm sorta glad that we're not hitting on all cylinders at this stage of the season, and I suspect that Geno might be as well. It's a long time until April and if things came too easily too soon, I'd be worried about complacency and overconfidence. The potential for this team is clearly apparent, and I believe the coaches will make things happen, step by step. In Geno's words, they will "figure it out."

I agree. It is never good to peak too early. I think that Geno, like Mulkey, is doing a lot of tinkering in order to incorporat different players that were not part of the team that was on the floor last year. I bet he is really enjoying this year.

KML''s performance demonstrated how important even one player can be when it comes to winning and losing and I don't think Geno wants that so he is trying to find a niche for each player.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

LOL...you attack all UConn fans in a post and then when challenged, you complain about being attacked.

Reaction Score
Stokes is a very good player on the defensive end of the ball but she does not power up to basket when she catches it down low. She passes it back out almost all the time. I am so impressed with her potential. She can put it on the floor and pivot well to basket. She has the ability to get any post in the country in foul trouble if she made more offensive low post moves. If she understood how good she was I think the light would go on and she could potentially start on this team. I am rooting hard for her. I love her game.

Reaction Score

In looking back to where I was at about this time last year, at, say, the time of the Stanford game, I expected a NC and an undefeated season. That was my bad.

This year is different. I expect a NC, but I can tolerate 1 loss somewhere along the way.

:-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom