UConn fans….you should be ashamed!!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn fans….you should be ashamed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you realize how you ridiculous you and others sound and how tone deaf you come off?

Hey, after one of the best wins in the last 10+ years, let me jump from the hoop board to the football board and criticize the fanbase.
It's not being tone deaf. It's being honest. People want this program to be big time. The fan support today was disgusting.

Reaction Score
The thread is deserved. We wanna be positive, but this partially why we aren’t in a P5 conference. Having so many empty seats, and an empty student section, for our biggest win since 2015 is a terrible look. I mean hell the players deserve better.
The players deserve better but it has nothing to do with why we aren't in a P5 yet.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's not being tone deaf. It's being honest. People want this program to be big time. The fan support today was disgusting.

What in the world is this "big time" standard you are holding us to in your mind?

Again, a Big Ten program who's been far better off than us, ranked, against a traditional opponent, and playing for a division title had crummy attendance comparatively.

This fanbase has been dumped on enough by realignment, on field performance, the media, to avoid taking shots by fans who on occasion jump over from the hoop board.

Reaction Score
Valid points on both sides but I’ll say is after all the horrendous football I’ve watched over the last 11 years (exception in 2015), I would need cloudy with a chance of earthquakes to keep me away today-perfect storm of going over .500, knocking off a ranked team and becoming bowl eligible. No offense but rain with 65 degree temps in November, put on the swimsuit and sunscreen and cheer on the good guys and im glad I did. There were people debating not rushing the field in my section and I said I’ll see you in 10 years when the opportunity presents itself again-made my way down. carpe diem UConn nation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not expecting 40k. But come on. 15k for this game? Thats a joke. These guys played their asses off this season.
Do you go to FB games? It's a significant investment of time. Folks plan FB games in advance, it's not as conducive as BB to last minute attendance. Especially when the forecast all week was constant rain. Again, who are you calling out?

Reaction Score
Do you go to FB games? It's a significant investment of time. Folks plan FB games in advance, it's not as conducive as BB to last minute attendance. Especially when the forecast all week was constant rain. Again, who are you calling out?
In the last 10-12 years I've probably missed 3 or 4 football games in person.

I'm calling out people who complain and don't show up to these games. No way this game shouldn't have had 25k today. The weather ended up being fine. We use to draw sellouts with freezing cold weather and snow.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Where the hell are you? Perfect weather day! Top 20 team…..last home game of the year….shameful!
Sorry, had a hockey game to attend. I’m old, I can’t do both. Stop shaming me. Best crowd of the year for hockey, by the way.

Reaction Score
What in the world is this "big time" standard you are holding us to in your mind?

Again, a Big Ten program who's been far better off than us, ranked, against a traditional opponent, and playing for a division title had crummy attendance comparatively.

This fanbase has been dumped on enough by realignment, on field performance, the media, to avoid taking shots by fans who on occasion jump over from the hoop board.
If you are claiming I'm just a UConn Basketball fan you are mistaken. And I will gladly call out poor attendance for basketball games. Which they had plenty of last year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Check out the attendance % at places like Virginia, Georgia Tech, or Duke today. Playing traditional conference P5 opponents, with varying levels of success the last few years. Who are these 'big time' P5 programs were supposed to be sizing ourselves up to?

For those who have sat through the abomination of a decade, this win was meant everything.

For the casual fan, who used to show up at the Rent this was a 5-5 team playing a program most fans in the state could care less about.

People are beginning to notice, it will take some time, but I think UConn can carry this momentum on to next season, well begin to see bigger crowds.

Reaction Score
I could not make the game today. My 83 year old legs just couldn´t make the trip. But, I intend to send a ¨Thank You¨ note to coach Mora and the staff at the football office. I can not imagine the time and effort they have put in to turn the program around. I appreciate reading the messages from those of you supporting the program. Thanks for making an OLD UConn grad really, really happy. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Calling out the fans who don’t go when they hear a forecast 4 days early that there is going to be rain and don’t buy tickets or decide not to go because of the…..forecast….you look into the weather and find out more detail….NBC said 3 days ago that rain would pass by 9am and that it would be 70 and sunny and they were absolutely right!!!! Some fans will go whatever the weather while others are both literally and figuratively “fair weather” fans. It is just crazy that fans didn’t go due to the weather forecast and I hope are kicking themselves saying “what were we thinking and why didn’t we do listen a little more closely to the weather detail.”

Reaction Score
Everyone on this message board is a huge supporter of UConn athletics. The other 99% of the state is not following UConn football yet. This win will be huge for the program. Back in the news winning. The people will return. It’s not gonna get fixed in one season. Everyone have some patience. The rowdy rent shall return!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
An entire generation of UConn fans is gone. They found other things to do the last dozen years.

Right now we are Andy Dufresne emerging from a tunnel of shïte. The first few drops of rain feel wonderful but do not wash off the stink.

Reaction Score
I could not make the game today. My 83 year old legs just couldn´t make the trip. But, I intend to send a ¨Thank You¨ note to coach Mora and the staff at the football office. I can not imagine the time and effort they have put in to turn the program around. I appreciate reading the messages from those of you supporting the program. Thanks for making an OLD UConn grad really, really happy. Go Huskies!
Love this! You're a great fan.

Reaction Score
I watched in Atlanta and forced some friends and family to watch with me. My brother who lives in Connecticut used my tickets. He was very grateful.

Given the product on the field for the past decade, I am sincerely appreciate the fans who showed up thinking their tailgates would be held in a monsoon. They deserve to be applauded.

Reaction Score
I've been going to UConn football games for 60 years. The students NEVER showed up when they played on campus! There would to 8 or 9 thousand people there and maybe 500 students . Year after year, after year.
The idea that we should build a new stadium on campus so the students will go to the games is lunacy.
And back in the day the students would party on Thursday night because they went home for the weekend.

Reaction Score
I love people who continue to make excuses for fans/students. There's enough of both to fill that place up every week. Especially going up against a top 25 team with a bowl game on the line.
The students are 30 miles away and anyway, how many students do you see at Civic Center basketball games?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The people saying “I missed the game for “legitimate reason X” are missing the point. Obviously some people are gonna miss each game for various reasons, that’s why the 25k of us who don’t have an excuse should be there. The goal is to make it sellouts after consistent success.

Thankfully the hype going into next year will be enormous. Don’t think this will be an issue for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom