UConn fans….you should be ashamed!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn fans….you should be ashamed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The thread is deserved. We wanna be positive, but this partially why we aren’t in a P5 conference. Having so many empty seats, and an empty student section, for our biggest win since 2015 is a terrible look. I mean hell the players deserve better.

Reaction Score
I was expecting more than 15k considering how well they've played this year and a chance to get bowl-eligible, but guess the potential rainy weather issue deterred a lot of people. That plus Liberty just doesn't have the local interest for the casuals that BC, Cuse, UMass or even CCSU would have.

Regardless, the weather was great and the fans that were there were loud & into it the whole game. It was a great atmosphere to be part of and we got a classic game and a memorable win over a ranked team.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Two of the 3 of our group were at an out of state wedding and I didn’t feel like taking the longish drive alone (I’m ancient). Would’ve loved to be there but great game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The thread is deserved. We wanna be positive, but this partially why we aren’t in a P5 conference. Having so many empty seats, and an empty student section, for our biggest win since 2015 is a terrible look. I mean hell the players deserve better.

Yes and no. Players deserve better but this certainly isn't a UConn centric issue.

Have you seen the half empty stadiums around the country this season? Anyone who's been down is playing in front of small crowds.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes and no. Players deserve better but this certainly isn't a UConn centric issue.

Have you seen the half empty stadiums around the country this season? Anyone who's been down is playing in front of small crowds.
P5 Teams playing their best season of the last decade do not bring 15k to their most important game of the season. Tickets in the lower bowl on StubHub were 20 dollars. There’s no excuse for this poor of a turnout.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
P5 Teams playing their best season of the last decade do not bring 15k to their most important game of the season. Tickets in the lower bowl on StubHub were 20 dollars. There’s no excuse for this poor of a turnout.

I mean did you see the Illinois game? Ranked vs a traditional rival chance at a Big 10 west title and empty seats galore.

Anyone who has followed this program week in and week out the last decade deserves a freaking break if they didn't show today for whatever reason.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I mean did you see the Illinois game? Ranked vs a traditional rival chance at a Big 10 west title and empty seats galore.

Anyone who has followed this program week in and week out the last decade deserves a freaking break if they didn't show today for whatever reason.
I’ll take 45.5k fans at the rent any day.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I’ll take 45.5k fans at the rent any day.

No kidding. And had we not been relegated and had the worst decade in FBS and had a game against Pitt or West VA we'd have held our own.

Honestly after the ish show the fans were served the last decade I think it's more or less BS to dump on them at the first opportunity of some good news in ages.

Reaction Score
I am not ashamed.

Do you have any idea how much truly awful football I have witnessed in person? How many time I walked back to my car, dejected and broken?

Like yeah maybe I should be a better fan but lets not pretend this hasn't been an abusive relationship up until right now.

If we keep getting better, attendance will return. But we've been a laughingstock for a decade. You don't erase that, not even on a great season like this.

Reaction Score
Sorry I’m in Tortola till Monday had 2 tickets I gave away though no clue if they actually attended

Reaction Score
This is not the last decade….this is a 5-5 team playing a top 20 team with a chance to go to a bowl game on a perfect weather day! How anyone who is even a marginal fan could not turn down a chance to go to this game is amazing to me….well…those who did attend were treated to a game that is program changing!

Those who didn’t attend….not sure what type of game is needed to get you back.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
i'll be honest - after seeing that Liberty won at Arkansas .... i thought a win would be almost impossible.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No kidding. And had we not been relegated and had the worst decade in FBS and had a game against Pitt or West VA we'd have held our own.

Honestly after the ish show the fans were served the last decade I think it's more or less BS to dump on them at the first opportunity of some good news in ages.
We’ll agree to disagree then. If you want a big time football program, or a P5 invite, you gotta show up when the team is having its best year since 2015. 30k should’ve been the minimum.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My final thoughts on the subject. I wasn’t expecting a sellout, obviously it’s gonna take more than a year before virtually every seat is filled, but to be less than 20k is really disappointing.

Hope to see everyone at a rocking Rent next season!

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Wish I could've went! A week removed from ACL reconstruction restrained me to my couch and cryotherapy machine. It was a weird experience not being able to jump around when there were big plays lol def going to try and get to the bowl game!

Reaction Score
If you go to the games you see the same faces in the sections around you. There was pure joy in that building today after a really tough 3rd Q. Team and fans all in. I have stopped worrying about the no show fans. Their loss.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I love people who continue to make excuses for fans/students. There's enough of both to fill that place up every week. Especially going up against a top 25 team with a bowl game on the line.

Do you realize how you ridiculous you and others sound and how tone deaf you come off?

Hey, after one of the best wins in the last 10+ years, let me jump from the hoop board to the football board and criticize the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom