UConn Fall reopening plan | The Boneyard

UConn Fall reopening plan

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

As of now, in person through Thanksgiving then online remainder of fall.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Sounds like what most schools are doing, based on what we've heard.

GG

Reaction Score
Since there’s going to be reduced occupancy, I wonder how they are going to fit everybody on campus.

Reaction Score
I just don't see how this is going to work (living on campus), don't get your hopes up.

Reaction Score
Try to play at Hartford on the schedule if indeed there are fans though the fall finish into winter.

Reaction Score
if you think you’re gonna stop the student body from fraternizing with coeds i got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
I didn't say they wouldn't do that, just that it's not the intention.

Pretty poor job by the university here announcing this and not giving further explanation what's entailed in this 14-day on-campus quarantine period. Also, how would it apply to students who live off campus but interact with students on campus just the same?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Going back after thanksgiving has NEVER made sense. Prob a standard money grab universities use for an additional month of room and board.

These are changes to models that can remain after corona. Start classes a week or so earlier for Fall and don't bring them back after Turkey Day. From Thanksgiving to start of Spring it's about 7 weeks away from campus.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Going back after thanksgiving has NEVER made sense. Prob a standard money grab universities use for an additional month of room and board.
I’m not sure when this stopped. but in the good old days, first semester ended at Xmas break but exams were not until right after the break. If you want a crappy break, that was it, having to spend some time getting ready for finals. 2nd semester ended with exams during Memorial Day week.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure when this stopped. but in the good old days, first semester ended at Xmas break but exams were not until right after the break. If you want a crappy break, that was it, having to spend some time getting ready for finals. 2nd semester ended with exams during Memorial Day week.

that had to be a long, long time ago........

Reaction Score

I am so sick and tired of this pandemic crap! Just want life to get back to normal already. :mad:

Reaction Score
Eliminate fall break/ Uptick class times by 10 mins/ Online makes it very easy.

Well, online doesn't substitute for the labs, etc., so that's a problem. For some classes, maybe. UConn has a fall break other than Thanksgiving?

Also, I'm not sure how long UConn runs classes, but my school goes from 8 am to 10 pm for classes, so extending one class only means carving into another class.

The only possibility that I see is starting school much earlier in August (which eats into summer earnings).

Reaction Score
what was the reasoning behind not going back to in person classes after thanksgiving?

Reaction Score

the money grab was off campus apartment companies charging you a year lease when you only plan on being there 8 or 9 months

Reaction Score
so either no fans or games in Hartford with reduced capacity between thanksgiving and spring semester?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom