UConn Fall reopening plan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Fall reopening plan

Reaction Score
what was the reasoning behind not going back to in person classes after thanksgiving?
People go away to all their different hometowns and come back for a few weeks to spread whatever they could pick up.

It's a prudent choice to prevent cross-contamination and it's also something that can be planned well in advanced without being too drastic to people's college experience.

I'm not confident that we can attend games this season, but I'm cautiously optimistic that there will be college basketball.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
the money grab was off campus apartment companies charging you a year lease when you only plan on being there 8 or 9 months

That’s smart because no one is coming to storrs for the summer as a tourist spot.

GG

Reaction Score
Already knew of some people that are looking to transfer since it appears they’re going to prioritize freshman and seniors for housing.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Open everything up, Ask symptomatic people to stay home.
so either no fans or games in Hartford with reduced capacity between thanksgiving and spring semester?
Looking like it. What a joke. Anyone sick enough to spread it would be too sick to even come to a game. There will be no difference in outbreaks between the SEC states, who will certainly allow fans at full capacity, and the big east states who won’t. Whatever.

Last edited:

DB24MTN

UConn 2019 NCAA Champions
Reaction Score
I for one wont be taking any more than one class this semester. Granted I’m in a position to do so, but I can see this being very similar to last spring. Don’t know whos going to be left out here, but some students will be whether its housing, in person classes, services, etc.

Reaction Score
I for one wont be taking any more than one class this semester. Granted I’m in a position to do so, but I can see this being very similar to last spring. Don’t know whos going to be left out here, but some students will be whether its housing, in person classes, services, etc.
I signed a lease for an apartment down in Columbia and now it looks like four of my five classes will be online this semester. So basically, I'm gonna be a college kid living with my friends with little to no responsibilities. Other than turning in online work of course :rolleyes:. Should be a fun semester!

the Q

Reaction Score
I didn't say they wouldn't do that, just that it's not the intention.

Pretty poor job by the university here announcing this and not giving further explanation what's entailed in this 14-day on-campus quarantine period. Also, how would it apply to students who live off campus but interact with students on campus just the same?

Yeah I wasn’t saying you were. Just that you’d basically need to enact martial law to stop it from happening. Giving them two weeks of zero responsibility isn’t going to work unless you’re locking them in their rooms.

DB24MTN

UConn 2019 NCAA Champions
Reaction Score
I signed a lease for an apartment down in Columbia and now it looks like four of my five classes will be online this semester. So basically, I'm gonna be a college kid living with my friends with little to no responsibilities. Other than turning in online work of course :rolleyes:. Should be a fun semester!
I’ve got a lease right across the street from school. Someone better blockade Teds because i’ll be waiting in line at dawn.

Reaction Score
That’s smart because no one is coming to storrs for the summer as a tourist spot.

Nor would I want to spend my summer in Storrs. You are effectively pissing away 3 months of rent.

the Q

Reaction Score
Nor would I want to spend my summer in Storrs. You are effectively pissing away 3 months of rent.

you can at least sublet to kids Taking summer classes or working for a professor.

the landlord can’t sublet his mortgage payment.

Reaction Score
you can at least sublet to kids Taking summer classes or working for a professor.

the landlord can’t sublet his mortgage payment.

A lot of those apartment complexes are owned by reality groups that were overcharging students on monthly rents anyway. I dont feel bad for them.

Reaction Score
In regards to the basketball calendar, I wonder if this means a late November start with on campus games behind closed doors or limited capacity. There would be no students so you can spread out the seating more. It may actually make more sense to get a good chuck of the season done before January when students return.

Reaction Score
Already knew of some people that are looking to transfer since it appears they’re going to prioritize freshman and seniors for housing.
How do transfers fare in the housing prioritization coming in to a new school? If they don't get any priority, transferring for solely that reason seems foolish.

Reaction Score
You really haven't paid attention to the last three months, have you?

Well, to his defense, the WHO did report this week that those who are asymptomatic aren’t spreading most new infections. They did walk it back, however, just like everything else they’ve reported on. But I think that’s where he could be coming from...

Reaction Score
So what happens with XL center games. I’m about to purchase them today? I’m assuming if fans get banned from the games this year we either get our money back or they roll the money over to next season ?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
It may not be popular but if it gets the season going, just play the Nov/Dec games with no fans and make sure the games are televised or streamed somehow. Refund season ticket holders for those games and see where things are in early December for the conference games in Jan.

the Q

Reaction Score
A lot of those apartment complexes are owned by reality groups that were overcharging students on monthly rents anyway. I dont feel bad for them.

The entire area is overpriced. Including Tolland and Vernon

Reaction Score
I got my son a 1 bedroom apartment in Evansville where he is going to grad school. He initially wanted to live in the dorms but with the uncertainty I felt he would just be better off without having to deal with anything or anyone else (and apartments are dirt cheap out there). He will be on campus July 12th. Started online today. Curious to see how this all plays out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom