Men - UConn Fall Baseball 2021 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Fall Baseball 2021

Reaction Score

The fall classes at UConn start up, the first team meeting takes place, and so does the news relating to UConn baseball and fall ball. Good to see.

19 newcomers to UConn baseball between incoming freshmen and various transfers have been reported on these threads. It will be interesting to see how many of them get introduced to us in these UConn Baseball tweets. Also will be interesting to see if someone we don't know about being a part of the UConn Baseball program gets mentioned in a UConn Baseball tweet as well. I figure that Casey Dana is probably the highest profile transfer into the UConn Baseball program, so he gets to lead off the tweets.

Reaction Score

While I pretty much assumed Austin Peterson would be back in Storrs this year, I'm taking that tweet as pretty much a confirmation that Peterson is indeed back with UConn baseball. With Peterson, Gallagher, and Crawford, UConn weekend starting pitching looks like it could once again be one of the strengths of the team for the upcoming spring season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Not really a surprise, but the first two tweeted intros of incoming players to the UConn baseball program were both Grad transfers from other Division 1 schools.

Reaction Score

58. Casey Dana, OF Connecticut (Transfer from Seton Hall)
Plenty of eyeballs will already be on the Huskies in the spring with the continued emergence of two-way superstar Reggie Crawford, and they’ll notice Dana, too. The 6-foot-4, outfielder has earned a strong reputation for the Pirates over the past couple of seasons, hitting .367 during the COVID-shortened season before hitting .306 with seven home runs and 36 RBIs this past season. Dana has a load of experience and can hit for home run and gap power.

Reaction Score

The addition of Curren Larson gives UConn baseball a total of 4 California JUCO's for the fall ball season, together with Zach Bushling, Terrance Simmons, and Devon Kirby.

Reaction Score
To say those pictures make me excited would be a massive understatement

Reaction Score
Crazy to look at pics and not immediately not know who they are of. I see #3 and I think the warden…I look at the pic and it’s a lefty hitter. Need to learn the newbies!!! fall ball can’t happen soon enough….

Reaction Score

These tweeted introductions of newcomers to the team are interesting. UConn baseball has not done anything like this in a long time, putting out any sort of a press release or tweet on introducing the newcomers to the team. These introductory tweets are pretty much new ground for UConn baseball. There were quite a few times where we didn't find out about a few players being on the fall ball roster until the player introductions at the annual Barbecue and Alumni Game in late September.

My suspicion has been for quite a while is that this is because usually there are around 46 players with the team during the fall ball season, but with the 35 man spring roster plus the 3 or 4 players who end up redshirted on the "taxi squad", several players will end up getting cut from the team, and I suspect that the coaching staff doesn't want to publicize such players, then end up cutting them.

Whatever the case, now I'm wondering how far UConn baseball will go with these tweets. Will they tweet out an introduction for every newcomer to the team, whether or not they are receiving some scholarship money? There are no doubt players who are walking on to the team and getting no scholarship money who are long shots at making the spring squad, will they get a tweeted introduction as well? There are 13 incoming freshmen who have been mentioned in the recruiting threads as joining the team this season, will they all get an introductory tweet? As far as I'm concerned, I've been enjoying these tweets, so I will be quite happy to see them continue for the duration.

Reaction Score

-> The Huskies will play two fall exhibition games with a Friday, October 8 matchup against Niagara CC at 6 p.m. at Elliot Ballpark and followed up by another home contest on Saturday, October 16 against URI at 1 p.m. Admission is free. <-

Reaction Score
It’s new news and fall so I’m just gonna place this here…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom