UConn - ECU Game Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

UConn - ECU Game Thread

Reaction Score
From my count, 6 freshman saw a lot of playing time, especially in the second half. Hahn, Swenson, Fortt, Coyle, Beavers, Herring-Wilson were all out there starting or playing a lot in the 2nd.
And that's when we seemed to get better. I also thought when he substituted the dline for Freeborn, Lawley and Murphy we were better.

Reaction Score
Saw Lashlee running down the field wanting to call timeout and Randy waved him off to play for 3.

I get Edsall's thinking but we easily could have tried one more shot to the end zone there.

Reaction Score
And that's when we seemed to get better. I also thought when he substituted the dline for Freeborn, Lawley and Murphy we were better.
just goes to show how bad Diaco's recruiting was

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
he did not play "great." he played good enough to win, though.

I'm counting staying in the game mentally all day especially after the second started with a one play ECU TD drive.

I

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
just goes to show how bad Diaco's recruiting was

I don't follow. Freeborn, Murph, and Lawley were Diaco recruits. The starting d-line committee under PP.

Reaction Score
Defense is terrible but two weeks in a row our QB has missed gimme plays that if converted we could be 3-0. Not to take away from his 2nd half performances the last two weeks but the ups and downs, missed throws and turnovers followed by great plays is what is so maddening about him at QB

BS is the last guy who should be called out today.

Reaction Score
Defense is terrible but two weeks in a row our QB has missed gimme plays that if converted we could be 3-0. Not to take away from his 2nd half performances the last two weeks but the ups and downs, missed throws and turnovers followed by great plays is what is so maddening about him at QB

It is annoying, but 24/39 and 406 yards, 3TDs and 1 pick? No reason to worry yourself with Bryant. He isn't a problem. You can't have it all most of the time. BS is a good college QB.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Not just that but he spread the ball around a lot. This is something he was not doing last year. He was staring down one reciever and not going through progressions. This new offense suits him and he spread it around nicely.

Reaction Score
Saw Lashlee running down the field wanting to call timeout and Randy waved him off to play for 3.

I get Edsall's thinking but we easily could have tried one more shot to the end zone there.
I'm sure he did want to go for it, but with ~15 seconds left and the clock running there's no way we line up and get a play off and call a timeout before the clock runs out. After the Navy debacle last year, I don't mind Randy's decision. Go to OT with all of the momentum.

Reaction Score
I get that you aren't a BS fan but come on, the guy played great today.

Your definition of great differs from most peoples apparently.

Note: I'm not hating on him at all with what follows...

Objectively, he played good/maybe very good.

Made some nice clutch throws in 4th.

He missed some really easy throws that would have been big gains throughout the game. Still showed he can't make deeper throws or finesse throws.

His stats look gaudy but most yards were made after the catch by the receivers.

He wasn't the reason we lost at all. Which was nice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm BS fan and I'll agree that he misses throws that he has to make for us to be successful. Still, the kid will go down as a favorite of mine. He's all heart and tough as nails.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm BS fan and I'll agree that misses throws that he has to make for us to be successful. Still, the kid will go down as a favorite of mine. He's all heart and tough as nails.

And effective, too. He's been effective in all three games for us this year. How many players can we say that about? He catches way more crap than he deserves...

Reaction Score
We put up 38 points without the help of turnovers or kick returns. That's a feather in the offense's cap. Much to improve on, but they're looking better.

This is primarily on the D. They're the biggest problem at the moment, especially the secondary. HC, UVA, and ECU all had their way with them during the meat of the game and built sizeable leads. Can't rely on coming back all the time from double-digit deficits.

Reaction Score

He missed a wide open TD that ultimately ended up with our best WR knocked out of the game. Last week he kille
It is annoying, but 24/39 and 406 yards, 3TDs and 1 pick? No reason to worry yourself with Bryant. He isn't a problem. You can't have it all most of the time. BS is a good college QB.

You're all watching different games than me. He's killed at least 4 TD drives over the last 2 games. He played a great game but missing wide open throws and untimely turnovers are a killer...especially for teams with bad defense. He is a serviceable QB, if we had talent on defense he's done enough for us to be 3-0 but on a team with a bad defense he is part of the problem. Not saying he isn't solid, I'm saying this team needs its QB to convert gimmes

Reaction Score
He missed a wide open TD that ultimately ended up with our best WR knocked out of the game. Last week he kille

You're all watching different games than me. He's killed at least 4 TD drives over the last 2 games. He played a great game but missing wide open throws and untimely turnovers are a killer...especially for teams with bad defense. He is a serviceable QB, if we had talent on defense he's done enough for us to be 3-0 but on a team with a bad defense he is part of the problem. Not saying he isn't solid, I'm saying this team needs its QB to convert gimmes

You are asking him to make every play. He is not Phil Simms in the Super Bowl.

Your expectations need to be more realistic.

I'd focus more on the 3rd and 22 completion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom