UConn Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/19/18-12/21/18 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/19/18-12/21/18

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Thompkins, who graduated in December, will join another program as a graduate transfer.
This season, Thompkins played in all 12 regular season games, starting the final three, and carried 98 times for 563 yards and six touchdowns. He also caught 15 passes for 139 yards.

5+ yards a carry and almost 10 yards a reception.

Efficient career stats:

1545253107687.png

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Look, I've been as critical as anyone of our recruiting lately, but Edsall has worked some minor miracles before here.

I thought he was a disaster this season, but his track record with under the radar guys gives me faith we can be bowling program again.

Welcome to the newest Huskies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Nice that we have a legit 3rd down back with some good change of direction. I like Mensah but he’s not exactly agile and the Zavier Scott experiment seems to have failed. Maybe he moves back to WR with the added RB depth

Reaction Score
We needed instant contributors for 2019 and it looks like we definitely have 3 that will play roles next year:
Dillon Harris - So happy he stayed committed. We desperately need his attitude on defense and he is an instant significant upgrade at linebacker. Kevon Jones needs to lose a little weight but I think these two are going to bring a nasty attitude to the defense that sets the tone.
Michael Hinton - solid role player that brings leadership skills. Going to contribute in the DT rotation and from everything I read he is a team player and hard worker. I probably shouldn’t but I’m hoping Fines dedicates himself to having a good offseason.
Art Thompkins - came out of nowhere, I am thrilled. Brings a ton of speed and playmaking to to the offense. Can return kicks. Absolutely love that he is transferring here.

I think it is not a good idea to expect significant contributions from true frosh so I am not going to get my hopes up that we will see significant good play from any of them. But I do like the class. I don’t know why but whenever I read about Jackson Mitchell I think Kendall Reyes. I think he is going to be the gem of the class. Needs to redshirt and continue to put on weight and strength. I see an awesome 4-3 end eventually.

Now the bad part - we still desperately need a pass rush. Like multiple pass rushers. Not sure where that is going to come from aside from Beavers who should be working on his pass rush moves as right now he just tries to beat tackles off the snap with his speed. We don’t solve this issue it is going to be another very long season on defense.

Reaction Score
It's not that good... But it's definitely a step in the right direction
Yeah, got to agree... not that excited but you never know who will step up...and there is a lot of opportunity to step up.

Reaction Score
Yeah, got to agree... not that excited but you never know who will step up...and there is a lot of opportunity to step up.
I think it's a good class, but my point was that without a top 25 class no one who thinks we should fold the football program is going to change their mind. They just don't understand how northeast football recruiting works

Reaction Score
I think it's a good class, but my point was that without a top 25 class no one who thinks we should fold the football program is going to change their mind. They just don't understand how northeast football recruiting works
I don’t think there is enough there to make a major impact in trajectory, so, yes, that was my take.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This recruiting class should help silence the drop football crowd.

Losing a recruiting battle to Chattanooga, who has had a coach for 3 hours, is not going to do that.

Reaction Score
We have to win games to change the narrative -- not to better than expected in recruiting rankings. It will take time. No quick fixes.
No doubt about that Biz, but winning starts with better players. To that degree, the look of this class will certainly "help", assuming there are some classic Edsall "underrated gems"among them. The zealots don't think any talented players will sign with us. That doomsday attitude is dangerous. This can help ameliorate some of that.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That doomsday attitude is dangerous.

Fans complaining has literally zero impact no matter what people claim otherwise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom