UConn-Duke postgame thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn-Duke postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally i would rather have Lara Somfai. i think she would fit better and we need another Big who can hit a 3, can play inside, rebound and has good handles.
Lara is the following year.

Reaction Score
Personally i would rather have Lara Somfai. i think she would fit better and we need another Big who can hit a 3, can play inside, rebound and has good handles.
Is Lara Somfai a recruit for this upping year?

Reaction Score
Who will he put in? I guarantee you that if Geno puts in Q or Ines, it will be a deer in the highlights condition. And I like both players, but not in a game situation like the last two.

And when that happens Geno will get criticized for either not having them prior prepared or the criticism will be he should have put in someone else other than the person he put in or he should have done it earlier . . . :)

I’m really veyr surprised at the overall tone of this thread. I thought there would be more elation as to how great this team has performed rather than relief and future reservation (ie,e if we play like this . . .). every team says that - same with South Carolina after Indiana. Same with UCONN 2 years ago when they beat UCF inthe2nd Round game.

Kara Lawson is a prideful Defensive coach. This stuff that UCONN "can't play like this vs their next opponent. .." well imo ofc they won't. USC has a superstar - they want an open game too. But when you against team like Duke - and you don't have a high powered offense - then ofc if Duke is playing with energy - they can influence the game to be played like this.

But -- we're UCONN! Six players out of which a few are very high impact players and we're in the E8!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an amazing win that we’re in the E8! Couldn’t be more proud of this team and off-topic how about the men!!! Really proud to be a UCONN fan. . . :)

Reaction Score
Trying to run out the clock almost cost them but survive and advance..
Poor decision not to take Aaliyah out in first half when she had two fouls already and there were only two minutes left in the half. I was yelling at TV to have her sit so she wouldn't get a 3rd foul- I don't understand why she was kept in the game.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
I don't even care how we won. We won. On to the next. Juju is special but so is Paige. I'll take the rest of our starters over theirs. I just hope we're not still gassed on Monday then we have a really good shot of getting in the FF. I honestly would be more stressed if we're up against Baylor instead.

Reaction Score
The lack of foul calls in the last 3
Minutes was bizarre
On a positive note, I thought that was the best game I ever saw nika play
Tremendous on the defensive end
And I think only turn the ball over once
Rebounding was great

Duke was the best defensive team I’ve seen
Obviously tackling the person with the ball is now allowed.

Reaction Score
USC starters were pretty much also 35+ minutes so I bet they are physically and mentally gassed too. Their game was even tighter down the stretch.
I was about to say. Everyone acts like UConn is the only team tired or made the game scary in the end. Did we not watch the other games? UConn has a shot because it's March Madness.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
6 players rotation is really hard for UConn for the next 3 games.
Too tired to read the whole thread so someone else likely said this. i think he has to trust Q for at least a few minutes each half. She also is rangy, maybe could get off a shot where Ashlynn had trouble tonight. Anyway, the team was exhausted. and anyone who thinks Ice was a problem tonight was watching a different game.

But GA should be Coach of the Year (probably won’t be) even if they don’t win another game Three vets and a bunch of freshmen getting to the Elite Eight with little relief. Pretty special.

Reaction Score
Strong is not a big.
Seriously??? She is 6'2" or something like that. She wants to be a PF and not a C... We have a C in Jana or Ice... Sarah is a player...if she plays front line, that's always been considered a "big" around here.

Reaction Score
As Jim Valvano said, "Survive and advance!"
UConn was due for a game like this sometime in the NCAA's better to get it now than later!
It was a tough game all the way through and I think it will pay dividends as we go forward!
Two really great defensive teams make for a sloppy game!
Who is tougher usually wins and it was our Huskies!

Reaction Score
That was UGLY .. senior committing 3 silly fouls and the team trying to fold under pressure . .. 2 days and USC is next hopefully we shoot better .. Paige looked gassed in the 4th and soon as Edwards went out early 3rd the offense had no rhythm and only I scorer on the floor .. give credit to Duke they play tough D and very athletic..
An ugly win, but they are moving on. And yes, they looked tired, and had no lift in their legs, but that could’ve been because of Portland’s elevation. On the other hand, Duke’s players seemed ok with breathing, but they were able to use their bench More than UConn. Anyway, on to the E8 they go.

Reaction Score
ESPN's sloppiness is unbelievable. They posted the final score in the upper left corner as Duke 45, USC 53. And the final box score credited Brady with 15 steals.
So that’s why the “corrected“ score from ESPN flashed across my iPad‘s screen.

Reaction Score
Y’all so negative. It’s a miracle we made it to the elite eight, something no one could have expected after losing so many players. No one left on the other side of the bracket has looked unbeatable, very obviously including us.

Cheer the girls on and hope they get their energy back to play in a big game Monday night!

Reaction Score
Aaliyah’s jumpshot there at the end was huge! I’m not sure we could have held on much longer! They were exhausted! Duke’s defense is something else! Luckily our offense was good enough to get the points we needed and their’s was not! Our defense was able to stop their offense more than theirs could stop ours. Even so, if that game had gone for three to five more minutes, I don’t think we win. Kudos to Brady for giving us just enough to cover for Aaliyah’s foul trouble. If Kara can upgrade her roster they’re gonna be a big problem! KK really stepped up in this game! They basically put a blanket over Ash but she still gave it her best effort. Paige, well, what can you say about her except that she refused to let us lose! Nika gave us 3 points, 6 boards, 8 assists, & 4 steals along with about three very bad turnovers. I’ll take that though. What a brutal game! Onward and upward! Hope they all sleep late tomorrow. :eek:

Reaction Score
Wow! Is that really how you saw that game? I don’t know what to tell you but they’re playing six players and three are freshmen! They just won a game that put them within one game of yet another final four! Get a grip!

Reaction Score
6 players rotation is really hard for UConn for the next 3 games.

Everyone but Geno knew to take Aaliyah out. He's done it many times,and again, almost cost them. Coaching 101.
But, but, but, but……, the coach expected his senior player to play smarter, knowing that she already had three fouls. Even if they were wrongly assessed by the referees. Anyway, I am just happy that they got the W, will advance to the E8, and my heart rate is back to normal. Go Huskies! Go UConn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom