UConn @ Duke Blue Devils (Saturday 9/14/24 @ 6:00pm) Game on ACCNx/ESPN+. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | The Boneyard

UConn @ Duke Blue Devils (Saturday 9/14/24 @ 6:00pm) Game on ACCNx/ESPN+. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

Reaction Score

UConn Game Notes for Duke

Duke Game Notes for UConn

Television: ESPN+, ACCNX (pxp) Clay Matvick (analyst) Steve Addazio (sideline) Marilyn Payne

Radio: UConn Sports Network from Learfield (pxp) Mike Crispino (color) Wayne Norman (sideline) Adam Giardino

Flagship Station - Fox Sports 97-9 FM (Hartford) Affiliates - WAVZ 1300 AM (New Haven), WGCH 1490 AM (Greenwich), WILI 1400 AM/95.3FM, (Wilimantic); WICH 1310 AM/94.5 FM (Norwich)

SiriusXM 390 and on the Sirius XM App

Online (Audio): The Varsity Network App

Reaction Score
Need to practice uptempo offense and our coaches should throw flags after big plays in practice, calling them back, because we know the refs will flag us in this game we gotta be ready for it, and also tackle, tackle, tackle.

Reaction Score
If it rains does that help, hurt or make no difference for Huskies at Duke? Thanks "old guy".

Reaction Score

-> All in all, we’ll take the win,” Mora said post-game on Saturday. “We’ve got a great test this week. It’s been quite a while since this program has gone on the road and beat a power conference team, and it’s gonna be a really tough task at Duke… We can’t be satisfied with today, we have to push for more.”

UConn hasn’t beaten a power conference team on the road since the 2012 season, when it beat Maryland 24-21. The Huskies also beat Louisville later that season, though the Cardinals were conference mates in the Big East at the time.

“You obviously want to assert your dominance and show that you are a good football team at the FBS level, but as long as we get the win, man, that’s all that matters,” veteran defensive lineman Jelani Stafford said after Saturday’s game. “Coach Mora was telling us after the game that it’s been 12 years since we beat a Power Four, Power Five team at their stadium. It’s been 12 years. So we’re going to try to make a difference this next weekend.” <-

Reaction Score
No game this early is “make or break” but if ever we were hoping to show the rest of the country that we’re turning things around - this would be it.

!) Duke is a good team but certainly not “out of our reach” for us to go in there and win.
2) Duke makes mistakes - they were lucky to win this week.
3) We must win games like this on the road against top 80 teams to be considered a legitimate D1 Team that can win on any given Saturday.

I LOVED what I saw yesterday - let’s go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
12 points doesn’t seem bad considering last years demolition.
True words here for sure. CBS has UConn at #127 and Duke at #46. Seems like our thrashing from Maryland #38 was made up by doing so to a lesser division school. :confused: Polls are polls I know but this seems like a very kind line. Hope the team shows progress each and every week. That and a win would put more fannies in the seats next week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
True words here for sure. CBS has UConn at #127 and Duke at #46. Seems like our thrashing from Maryland #38 was made up by doing so to a lesser division school. :confused: Polls are polls I know but this seems like a very kind line.
I think the line has moved to 16 but either way, our time to shine is next week.

One thing I came away is that was have speed at certain positions - the type of speed that we haven’t had in some time. Our talent has been upgraded and we have the potential - and I stress the word “potential” to go down to NC and make some noise!

Reaction Score
Manny is going to be dialing up the pressure this week. Hopefully the OL and RBs are up to the task picking up the extra blitzers that will be coming after the QB.

Reaction Score
Manny is going to be dialing up the pressure this week. Hopefully the OL and RBs are up to the task picking up the extra blitzers that will be coming after the QB.
The OL I think will be OK. Our RBs got run over trying to pick up blitzes vs. Maryland.

Reaction Score
My DirecTV guide does NOT have our game at 6 PM on the ACC Network
IMG_1112.jpeg

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
My DirecTV guide does NOT have our game at 6 PM on the ACC Network
All ESPN related networks are blacked out on DirectTV (aka AT&T) until they resolve/renew their agreement with Disney. There's a $20 per month credit (more than enough to pay for ESPN+) but you have to sign up for it https://www.directv.com/nbcu-stream-refund/ lawsuits will be flying soon!

TKs

Reaction Score
The game will not be on the regular ACC Network, it will be on ACC Network Extra. I believe that's a streaming deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom