UConn:Design,Build & Manage New Rink | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn:Design,Build & Manage New Rink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1605029825648.png

New $115-million, 5,000-seat arena at Arizona State. The arena will sport two ice surfaces: one that is designed to be use full time as a practice, and a larger sheet with seating used for events and games. The larger arena area is also designed to be overlaid with a wood floor to hold other events, such as concerts, as well as matches for the ASU wrestling and volleyball programs.

Reaction Score
View attachment 61088
New $115-million, 5,000-seat arena at Arizona State. The arena will sport two ice surfaces: one that is designed to be use full time as a practice, and a larger sheet with seating used for events and games. The larger arena area is also designed to be overlaid with a wood floor to hold other events, such as concerts, as well as matches for the ASU wrestling and volleyball programs.
The best name in college hockey - Naming Rights Arena.

CL82

Reaction Score
The best name in college hockey - Naming Rights Arena.
The apparently both the Naming and Rights families chipped in.

(Still better than 5th 3rd Arena.)

Reaction Score
Now ASU just needs to find a conference for the hockey program. Kind of far to travel for B10 conference or WCHA teams. ND struggled with the travel when they were in the Big East. I know at one point they had a scheduling agreement with the B10 for 2020-2021 season where ASU would play 4 road games with each B10 team for 28 road games. Don't know if the agreement is still a go.

Reaction Score
ASU, Sacred Heart building great arenas. UConn........................meh.

Speaking of Sacred Heart, I just read somewhere that U Bridgeport is going under and Sacred Heart is buying part (or all) of U Bridgeport. Does that include Bridgeport's campus an facilities. U Bridgeport is waterfront, but, the neighborhood between the University and the highway is a bit rough versus Sacread Heart's more suburban camus in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Speaking of Sacred Heart, I just read somewhere that U Bridgeport is going under and Sacred Heart is buying part (or all) of U Bridgeport. Does that include Bridgeport's campus an facilities. U Bridgeport is waterfront, but, the neighborhood between the University and the highway is a bit rough versus Sacread Heart's more suburban camus in Bridgeport.

SHU backed out of the deal to acquire University of Bridgeport. It was also mentioned on this site that SHU has postponed or canceled all capital construction plans due to COVID.

Reaction Score
Please let me be wrong, but count me among those who don't believe we'll see a spade in the ground come next April. Public sector construction....................................on time and on budget? Yeah, sure.

If the new arena is again significantly delayed (beyond the already significant delay), don't be surprised if Hockey East's heavyweights (BC, BU, PC, et al) start looking southwestward to replace UConn with QU. Would you blame them? I'm a dyed-in-the-wool UConn alumnus and fan, but if I were a BC, BU PC counterpart, I'd be getting pretty fed up with the broken promises from Storrs.

Reaction Score
Please let me be wrong, but count me among those who don't believe we'll see a spade in the ground come next April. Public sector construction....................................on time and on budget? Yeah, sure.

If the new arena is again significantly delayed (beyond the already significant delay), don't be surprised if Hockey East's heavyweights (BC, BU, PC, et al) start looking southwestward to replace UConn with QU. Would you blame them? I'm a dyed-in-the-wool UConn alumnus and fan, but if I were a BC, BU PC counterpart, I'd be getting pretty fed up with the broken promises from Storrs.
Lol your takes are top 5 doom and gloom on this entire board. You really think BC gives a flying freak about UConn’s on campus stadium? This ranks right up there with UConn field hockey will be embarrassed nationally cause their facility isn’t up to snuff.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
QU doesn't wanna be in Hockey East. They want to be in the ECAC.

Reaction Score

UConn isn’t going anywhere. Hockey East stood by Merrimack and UMass-Amherst for at least a decade of truly wretched all around program performance. Merrimack still plays in the same sheet-box arena they joined the league in.

Quinnipiac isn’t going anywhere. They outkicked their coverage getting into the ECAC, and they rather like the neighborhood. There aren’t many sports leagues you can be in where you rub elbows with the Ivies, because outside of hockey, I can’t think of a sport where the Ivy League teams share a league with non-Ivies.

Reaction Score

Bids for a Construction Manager have been received.

Pages 108-143 in the link below shows detailed interior and exterior renderings of the new arena. Will alcohol be served in the Club Seating section since the rendering shows a bar area? The new arena is moving along.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s worth clicking through the pics on pages 108-143 in @UCONNJACK’s link but for the ADD inflicted:

CL82

Reaction Score
So option A or option B?

Reaction Score
Student deck will be behind the opposition goalie 1st and 3rd periods, for maximum harassment.

I grew up in greater New Haven and attended many Yale hockey games at Ingalls, where student body was always behind the opposition goalie twice. My favorite memory of their (very clever) jeers was a game against Princeton. Traditionally they would chant, "sieve, sieve, sieve" at the goalie following a Yale score. The Princeton goalie had a miserable night, and was replaced in the middle of the second period. As his replacement skated out to the crease, the students roared in unison, "JV sieve, JV sieve, JV sieve".

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Student deck will be behind the opposition goalie 1st and 3rd periods, for maximum harassment.

I grew up in greater New Haven and attended many Yale hockey games at Ingalls, where student body was always behind the opposition goalie twice. My favorite memory of their (very clever) jeers was a game against Princeton. Traditionally they would chant, "sieve, sieve, sieve" at the goalie following a Yale score. The Princeton goalie had a miserable night, and was replaced in the middle of the second period. As his replacement skated out to the crease, the students roared in unison, "JV sieve, JV sieve, JV sieve".
Gotta love hockey fans...thanks for sharing a funny memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom