UConn Conor lost his Dad yesterday. | The Boneyard

UConn Conor lost his Dad yesterday.

Reaction Score
There’s none better than Conor and his Dad, Denis. He was taken far too early and will be dearly missed by all who have known him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sincere condolences to Conor and his family - RIP Denis

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm another among many whose love of the Huskies was transmitted and grew through family. My condolences to Conor, et al.

26 years ago, during the final week of December, in KEA's freshman season, my dad passed. It was 35 years since my first game at the Field House. My dad had season tickets for years prior to that, and it always humbles me to know that he witnessed to the build from Yankee Conference success to steady national prominence that never got to the Final 4. I'm by no means without flaws or foibles, but "arrogant & spoiled" doesn't apply.

Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear. Condolences to the Coner family. A loss is never easy, especially during the holidays.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Sad news. My condolences to the entire family.

Reaction Score
I guess Mike Anthony is doing profile articles on other people besides the players.

“I remember getting tagged — criticism in a generally un-constructive way,” Geary said. “It wasn’t, ‘Modulate your voice.’ It wasn’t, ‘You missed something.’ To have it in a public form and someone be like, ‘You suck,’ in so many words, was something I had never experienced before and I was not at the time prepared to handle that because I didn’t consider myself someone in the public eye, even though I clearly was. It did a few things. I tried harder to engage with people about the job and be more accessible so there wasn’t a barrier. And I had people come to my defense. I say if you have suggestions, I’m open.”

Alternate access:

Meet 'GameDay' Conor Geary, the charismatic and energetic host of UConn basketball

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That’s crushing, Conor - I’m sorry… It’s safe to say that fathers and sons are at the root of the obsession so many of us feel today.
100%. My dads had seasons my whole life. He introduced me to UConn and the BE. 40 years later we still go to games together. I can say the same about other son/father/grandfathers that I know.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about your loss Connor. I know how hard it is to lose your Dad. Like many on this board my Dad introduced me to UConn BB at the old Field house. We would get to a few games a year. But always Holy Cross. We would do either home or away for them. For some reason he always wanted to go to that game in particular. Your post, I am certain has many of us who post here thinking about our Dad’s and through tragedy and pain, we know we have the memories that will remain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom