UCONN competition | The Boneyard

UCONN competition

Reaction Score
I get this list. These players had great, complete seasons. Azzi and Caroline didn’t, and we are extrapolating what they could have done if…

This doesn’t dampen my optimism about what they will accomplish this season one little bit.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The more they leave the team or any of our players out of the conversation the sweeter it will be when we knock the stuffing out of all of them. Can't wait. Go Huskies!
What UConn player did enough last season to deserve being placed on that list?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They forgot this kid--my local girl!

1665240722405.png

Reaction Score
That list wasn't that bad. It will work in UCONN's favor. If the oposition thinks we aren't that good , they will not guard us that well and then lookout. UCONN will show them what we're made of to their detriment and all the games to follow. GO HUSKIES!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
All this is awesome. The amount of disrespect the UCONN players, and team, is garnering should be put up on their lockers and bulletin board all over the place. It's mind blowing to me, but maybe it gives the team even more motivation.

Reaction Score
That list wasn't that bad. It will work in UCONN's favor. If the oposition thinks we aren't that good , they will not guard us that well and then lookout. UCONN will show them what we're made of to their detriment and all the games to follow. GO HUSKIES!!!
Even if UConn started its 2nd team, we would get maximum effort from the competition due to the ability to say "they beat the Univerity of Conneticut."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No lists matters. No polls matter. This team hasn’t won a NC in way too long. If that’s not enough motivation, lists won’t help.
Excellent comment LoboDays. I nominate this post for POD................Post of the Day. It's simple, to the point and needs no explanation or clarification. :cool:

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith scored 14.4 ppg and shot 43/36/81. Azzi scored 12.1 ppg and shot 46/43/91.

But Lith played nine more games, played 50% more minutes, had a lot more rebounds per game, and a lot more assists per game.

Reaction Score
But Lith played nine more games, played 50% more minutes, had a lot more rebounds per game, and a lot more assists per game.

Do you think that she belongs on this list based on those stats? I always liked her. She and Bueckers were put at comparable levels coming out of HS. But she hasn't yet played at that level.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
But if I remember last year, Hailey Van Lith turned it up in the last part of the season and the playoffs She has a fun aggressive game. I would not mind seeing Azzi have that aggressiveness on her drives.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with these lists. Some solid players were named and always somebody is going to feel slighted because their names were left off the list. I like that some of our players were left off the list. Now they, if they really want it, can go out and make a claim and cement their legacy among the all-time greats.

Reaction Score
All this is awesome. The amount of disrespect the UCONN players, and team, is garnering should be put up on their lockers and bulletin board all over the place. It's mind blowing to me, but maybe it gives the team even more motivation.
The most over used word in the American dialect of the English language.

Your players had better not need this for motivation. Having been close every year since they’ve been wearing UCONN BLUE -but not cutting net - is enough. I doubt this is ever pasted inside a locket - much less on a bulletin board.

BTW, I always laugh at the phrase “bulletin board.” When I was a freshman at SCar, my academic advisor informed me that history majors, like I planned to be, would no longer be licensed to teach high school. An education degree would be required. I believed that to be ridiculous.

The Education Department was placed in charge of all bulletin boards on campus. Oh, they were attractive. However, they all had “buletin board” printed at the top.

I scorn education degrees to this day (unfairly in some cases I will admit). I want a math major teaching my grandchildren calculus - not someone with an education degree and a minor in psychology who happened to take 3 general math classes.

Apologies to all the hardworking and dedicated educators on this board for my prejudices.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Education Department was placed in charge of all bulletin boards on campus. Oh, they were attractive. However, they all had “buletin board” printed at the top.
Thanks for the laugh, that's priceless!

In the early 90's, the (he thought) big boss at work worked later than everyone else. He'd send an email to the chief engineer before he left work most evenings. Then he'd print it out, write by hand on it "please read" and put it on the engineer's keyboard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom