UCONN competition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN competition

Reaction Score
The most over used word in the American dialect of the English language.

Your players had better not need this for motivation. Having been close every year since they’ve been wearing UCONN BLUE -but not cutting net - is enough. I doubt this is ever pasted inside a locket - much less on a bulletin board.

BTW, I always laugh at the phrase “bulletin board.” When I was a freshman at SCar, my academic advisor informed me that history majors, like I planned to be, would no longer be licensed to teach high school. An education degree would be required. I believed that to be ridiculous.

The Education Department was placed in charge of all bulletin boards on campus. Oh, they were attractive. However, they all had “buletin board” printed at the top.

I scorn education degrees to this day (unfairly in some cases I will admit). I want a math major teaching my grandchildren calculus - not someone with an education degree and a minor in psychology who happened to take 3 general math classes.

Apologies to all the hardworking and dedicated educators on this board for my prejudices.
No apology needed here! I am a retired elementary teacher who has been ashamed of my degree for my entire career. Your little joke brought back a lot of memories from my time in the College of Education, memories that explain much of the debacle that is our educational system. While I agree that a blanket dismissal of all education degrees is unfair and unwarranted, I’m afraid we are seeing the result of too many Colleges of Education that lack any semblance of rigor and that have allowed themselves to be more about politics and culture wars than reading, ‘riting, and ‘rithmatic!
All respect to good teachers and Colleges! I know there are still many of you out there! I like to believe I was one as well, but I must say it sure wasn’t by following the dictates of my District. If you are interested in reading about Colleges of Education (some of them) try The Graves of Academe and/or Ed School Follies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom