UConn @ Coastal Carolina - Tuesday 3/13 @4p | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Coastal Carolina - Tuesday 3/13 @4p

Reaction Score
The problem is....The more you have to use these guys out of the pen, the more hit-able they become in a series. I agree Poulin should be fine long-term, but the rest of the pen has not been great. Who can really be trusted to get you to Poulin? The fact that HCJP went to Poulin in the 7th, speaks volumes about his trust in the pen. It's still early but nearly every game has been a Pepto moment for @huskymedic.

Another reason for Poulin coming in so early is that he hasn't pitched for a week, and UConn doesn't have another game until Friday. I expected multiple innings from him today, but not him being so ineffective.

Dandeneau is finally coming in after two more walks.

Reaction Score
Dandeneau gets a strikeout to end the inning. Rossomando and Wallace did fine out of the pen today, getting out of self made trouble, which I'm taking as a good sign from both of them. So not a bad day for the pen, aside from the total flameout for Poulin today. Of course, we still have to see Dandeneau in the 9th.

Reaction Score
UConn goes down in order in the top of the 9th. I would be very surprised if Dandeneau doesn't start the 9th.

Reaction Score
Trevor Holmes warming up in the pen. Susi is now catching, Moriarty at 3B.

Reaction Score
Susi is not good against runners attempting to steal. I think Pat Winkel will be a huge upgrade in that area.

Reaction Score
Never worried ;)

Husky baseball.jpg

Reaction Score
Game over, UConn wins 12-10 on a great defensive play by Woodworth!!!

Reaction Score
Take the win against a quality program. Get ready for the Johnies!!!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We have 4 extremely quality road wins (GT, SELA x2, CCU). Would be nice if we can get more consistent from here.

Reaction Score
I don't care if Poulin is our closer. 7 run lead and you come in and walk 3 straight guys. Penders should have sat his rear end right on the bench. Inexcusable. No way I am leaving him in there for another 3 walks. Sometimes you just need to send a message early. Almost cost us one we had no business losing with his stubbornness.

Reaction Score
It's still a little early to be paying attention to RPI, but UConn is back up to 37 after the Coastal win. They do have some nice road wins, and today is one of them, and that plays big come NCAA tourney selection time. So UConn is in pretty good shape so far provided they can go out and get into the routine of winning 2 out of 3 and the weekends and win a goodly number of the New England games.

Reaction Score
Susi is not good against runners attempting to steal. I think Pat Winkel will be a huge upgrade in that area.

Chris Jones has talked about this some during the game broadcasts. Some of this may be on the pitchers as well, but UConn catchers have thrown out 4 out of 31 chances before this game. Not very good. The catchers had a really tough time early in the season last year as well in this department, but did get a bit better at it later in the season. We'll see if there is any improvement as this season progresses.

Reaction Score
Chris Jones has talked about this some during the game broadcasts. Some of this may be on the pitchers as well, but UConn catchers have thrown out 4 out of 31 chances before this game. Not very good. The catchers had a really tough time early in the season last year as well in this department, but did get a bit better at it later in the season. We'll see if there is any improvement as this season progresses.
The UCONN pitching staff throws alot of breaking balls which are good pitches to steal bases.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom