UConn Coaching Staff | The Boneyard

UConn Coaching Staff

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The UConn coaching staff has been very successful and has a strategy for success. Their demands and expectations of recruits are second to none. They know what theyre looking for in a recruit and they dont change and thats why their teams have set records that may never be matched. Geno has beaten his best year after year. He sets a record and then tops that record and we as fans have come to expect that. Unfortunately we as UConn fans have come to expect that Geno will get and attain everything and anything he sets out to do. As great as Geno is, he is not perfect although his accomplishments may lead you to believe otherwise. Missing out on all the top recruits this years was a mystery to some and unexpected.

Not getting any top recruits this season is not the end of the world. How long did Stanford go not landing a high caliber recruit after Neka and Chiney graduated? How many years before that did Stanford have 2 top caliber recruits? Same goes for South Carolina Texas Baylor. Hey Baylor had Griner and UConn beat them twice. The point Im making is this. If you get top recruits and dont surround them with other top recruits what do you have? Geno doesnt need to change. His philosophy has been great for over 20 years. He is not reading the Boneyard to learn how to coach or get his tips on coaching. He doesnt need to change, many of us UConn fans need to change our attitudes. Many UConn fans are disappointed we didnt get some of the top recruits and based on Geno's past successes we have come to expect he will always get what he wants. Well now we know thats not so.

Some of the comments on this board are out of frustration fear and disappointment. The negativity of some posts are way out of line imo. Some of the posts are in the attack mode and thats stinkin thinkin. Uconn has the best coaching and it aint even close. So understand South Carolina is loaded and it will take time for that team to develop. Next season with this huge freshman class coming in most top recruits are not gonna wanna sit the bench behind them. ND will loose 4 starters this season due to graduation. Baylor and Texas are loosing some good players. Although some top recruits will choose to go elsewhere UConn is wide open and has many schollies to fill. So does that mean Paige and Van Lith will come? Maybe maybe not so dont be disappointed. If you get top recruits and dont surround them with other top recruits what do you have? We have the best nucleus moving forward into next season and no other team compares. Hey if a top recruit goes elsewhere are you afraid that team can beat UConn. Not really at least for me. One great recruit doesnt make a dynasty. One great recruit surrounded by other top recruits is a menu for success but those kids need to be developed into a team with chemistry poise and confidence. UConn has that in its nucleus this season and going into next season.

Geno has an unbelievable track record and yes it is a record. He's not gonna change his thinking just because of one poor recruiting year. Genos thinking has been successful we should all be so successful in our thinking. If we all thought like Geno just think of how successful we'd be??????

I read a few posts talking about who will be our fifth starter next season. Well that fifth starter will be along side of MW CD CW and ONO all top 5 players. Name we one team next season that will start that kind of lineup with experience? Do we have holes to fill in our roster yes we do and so does every other team in WCBB. I am confident we will get top players again next season and we many get a transfer. Be patient we are UConn and kids wanna play for UConn and they will come and maybe not all of them but we will get some especially over the next 2 years. We are really good this season and we will be really good next season and we do have some "if's" and so do many other teams but we are in a very good position to land some really good recruits over the next few years. We must think of "NEXT" We will get some top recruits and that is great....Next and we will loose some top recruits great next.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I read a few posts talking about who will be our fifth starter next season. Well that fifth starter will be along side of MW CD CW and ONO all top 5 players. Name we one team next season that will start that kind of lineup with experience? Do we have holes to fill in our roster yes we do and so does every other team in WCBB. I am confident we will get top players again next season and we many get a transfer. Be patient we are UConn and kids wanna play for UConn and they will come and maybe not all of them but we will get some especially over the next 2 years. We are really good this season and we will be really good next season and we do have some "if's" and so do many other teams but we are in a very good position to land some really good recruits over the next few years. We must think of "NEXT" We will get some top recruits and that is great....Next and we will loose some top recruits great next.
@Tonyc I think you may be underselling quite a bit here-so unlike you. :DI fully agree with your assessment on the coaching. On talent alone though the landscape drastically changes next year. These teams IMO will field comparable talent to UCONN next year-with experience.
Baylor: Cox #1, DeAcosta #3, Egbo #7, Smith #13, Scott Grayson #20, Morris #20, Richards#19.
Texas: Joyner Holmes #2, Collier #2, Prince #8, Littleton #33, Sutton #6
Maryland: Charles #22, Mikesell #33, Austin #4
TN: Westbrook #2, Davis #12, Green#10, Massingill #25.
Stanford: Hull #14, Brown #18, Williams #8, Dodson #11, Fingall #27
Oregon: Ionescu #4, Hebard # 40, Sabally #36

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Next season Oregon will have two Sabally's , who is said to be as good as her sister.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The other day I read an article on coaching in WCBB that almost casually mentioned that Geno's coaching staff is always on the radar of the shoppers (didn't save and can't find) in WCBB. Now that may not mean CD, because by now the WCBB world may have figured out that she ain't going nowhere. 'Course Marisa moved on last spring. Shea, yeah, I'd be targeting her too. Jasmine is in her infancy, but is rapidly building her credentials, so I can see her targeted for a nice assistant position. But, let's face it, experience tells us that as places to go to be an assistant UConn is the Mecca, so I cannot see Jasmine rocketing out of Stoors anytime soon. Being An Assistant To Geno Might Be Better Than Head Coach Job Elsewhere

"Words cannot describe how excited and grateful I am to have the opportunity to return to UConn!" Lister said. "When I was a graduate assistant, the biggest lesson I learned from Coach Auriemma is life is all about timing and when to execute. I cannot wait to work with this excellent staff and team again. Once a Husky, always a Husky!" Jasmine Lister Named Women's Basketball Assistant Coach - University of Connecticut Athletics

Where am I going with this? I haven't a clue. So I'll just say:

That's All Folks! (Best one on YouTube)

Reaction Score
The other day I read an article on coaching in WCBB that almost casually mentioned that Geno's coaching staff is always on the radar of the shoppers (didn't save and can't find) in WCBB. Now that may not mean CD, because by now the WCBB world may have figured out that she ain't going nowhere. 'Course Marisa moved on last spring. Shea, yeah, I'd be targeting her too. Jasmine is in her infancy, but is rapidly building her credentials, so I can see her targeted for a nice assistant position. But, let's face it, experience tells us that as places to go to be an assistant UConn is the Mecca, so I cannot see Jasmine rocketing out of Stoors anytime soon. Being An Assistant To Geno Might Be Better Than Head Coach Job Elsewhere

"Words cannot describe how excited and grateful I am to have the opportunity to return to UConn!" Lister said. "When I was a graduate assistant, the biggest lesson I learned from Coach Auriemma is life is all about timing and when to execute. I cannot wait to work with this excellent staff and team again. Once a Husky, always a Husky!" Jasmine Lister Named Women's Basketball Assistant Coach - University of Connecticut Athletics

Jasmine is going to be under a lot of pressure in the coming months as far as recruiting the 2020 class..............I wish her great luck on her mission..........

Reaction Score

Being an assistant on Uconn WBB team is great. Many Div one (minor teams) like JMU don't make the money Shea, Jazmine make. Kenny Brooks had to go to VT to get near CD's annual salary (I'm not counting perks)

Having said that being an assistant on a Uconn's WBB team does not guarantee any school they may get success in their conferences.

I assume some schools look at the success Geno has had and think that "unknown" quantity he gives to his teams is by osmosis passed down to an assistant. Not all absorb that ability.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Can we finish this year before fretting about next year?
Based upon the posts that followed yours, I guess not. (I wonder if I will get chastised again today for this post?????)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I do not think that there is a formal application for chastisement available at this time. Perhaps Nan, or another MOD, could create one. However, if you can just be patient I believe your wish will be granted. Surely someone on the board will take sufficient umbrage, and your upbraiding will flow forth. There is no statement made or question posed that does not eventually go unpunished! Go Huskies! ;)

Reaction Score
I agree with all that has been written on this posting regarding our team. More star players needed ? I have reservations & frustration, with all the terrible calls made especially, in the "Final Four" on our team. I am convinced that all is neutralized by the terrible calls & favoritism by the people with the whistles, be it the last 2 years. Evidence, watch & see what happens, Sunday ! Good Luck.

Reaction Score
Now there’s a thought
Now hold on there pardner. Any old regular fan would not fret about next year. But, I would remind you that I (we) are not any old fans. We are UCONN WBB fans and reserve the RIGHT to speculate, pontificate yes even FRET on all things UCONN WBB be it this year or any other year. Thank you very much!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom