Not open for further replies.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
>> UConn, Cincinnati -- New All Sports League: [Sporting News]

Cincinnati, UConn talk of new all-sports league, could leverage ACC offer
[LINK]

Reaction Score
In order to form such a league, however, UConn and Cincinnati would have to make some sort of profound commitment -- perhaps even a “grant of rights” similar to the Big 12’s, meaning they’d lose their media revenue for the length of time if they leave

On the Big 12 media deal

The deal includes a "grant of rights" agreement, meaning if a Big 12 school leaves for another league in the next 13 years, that school's media rights, including revenue, would remain with the Big 12 and not its new conference.

can we screw up worse? you betcha!

Reaction Score
I can't imagaine why UConn would want to commit to a "grant of rights." What league could we possibly form that would be better than joining an established major conference?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I can't imagaine why UConn would want to commit to a "grant of rights." What league could we possibly form that would be better than joining an established major conference?
agreed. there is no league we could form that would be even close to the ACC, which is the weakest of the major conferences.

My hope is that the other leagues continue to poach the ACC and eventually UCONN is asked to join that league. If i had to guess now, i'd guess the nACC will look an awful lot like the old BE in football, sans Rutgers and WVU. at least that's my hope...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That report was denied by Manuel. Just a reporter declaring things took place which didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom