UConn CF Jack Sundberg goes to Washington Nationals | The Boneyard

UConn CF Jack Sundberg goes to Washington Nationals

Reaction Score
UConnBaseball 3:21pm via Twitter Web Client
Another Husky is off the board!#UConn tri-captain Jack Sundberg goes to the @Nationals as the 784th pick#HookC
006.jpg

Reaction Score
There has been no mention of this on any of the baseball threads, but Jack Sundberg signed with Washington back in June. He is now playing for Auburn of the New York-Penn League.

Reaction Score
Couldn't happen to a better family. Congrats Jack

His dad, grandparents and all the in laws are tremendous people, grew up with his dad and uncle as well as being coached by gramps (excellent baseball man, great knowledge) - congrats to him and his family.

Good luck to him the journey begins in the NY Penn league where as a youngster I watched my brother play for the Batavia Mets and journeyed to all those towns with mom and dad. Love their baseball up there the Sundbergs will have a blast.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Question, is he any relation to Jim Sundberg, Ranger's catcher from quite a few years ago?

Reaction Score
Question, is he any relation to Jim Sundberg, Ranger's catcher from quite a few years ago?

Jack Sundberg was at UConn for four years and a starter for three of them. My thought is that if he were related to Jim Sundberg we would have heard about it through either UConn athletics or Chris Jones.

Reaction Score
Jack Sundberg was at UConn for four years and a starter for three of them. My thought is that if he were related to Jim Sundberg we would have heard about it through either UConn athletics or Chris Jones.

And I would have heard it from his father or bro-in-law while playing with them back in the day. He's not.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And I would have heard it from his father or bro-in-law while playing with them back in the day. He's not.
Ok thanks. Jim Sundberg was from my hometown, played for my uncle (American Legion). I didn't know him personally, was just wondering.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom