UConn @ CCSU 3/21 @ 3p | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ CCSU 3/21 @ 3p

Reaction Score
I've been really impressed with the offense so far. The first 5 hitter are on an unbelievable streak right now. I hope Lambrecht gets more reps because apparently he's got so serious pop in his bat. If he can live up to the hype this offense could be potent.

Willy Yahn's bat seems to be just now rounding into form after a bit of a slow start coming back from his injury. Too bad that John Toppa's injury seems to be affecting his bat, or else that top 5 hitters could have been a top 6. While not all the position players on the team are hitting, I think there is more depth and talent on this squad than there has been in the past on the typical UConn team. You mention Lambrecht, another guy the coaches have touted is Kenny Bergmann, whose bat can't get off the bench. Penders is right, the freshmen class looks to be a talented group. Give them another year or so in college ball, and this group will make a very nice and potentially dangerous core to the everyday lineup. Can't say much yet about Nucerino and Loeffler, as it seems they very well could be both targeted for a redshirt season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom