UConn @ CCSU 3/21 @ 3p | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ CCSU 3/21 @ 3p

Reaction Score
I have not heard the whole game. Did Chris Jones give an injury update on Randy Polonia?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I have not heard the whole game. Did Chris Jones give an injury update on Randy Polonia?

Not from what I have heard.

4-2 after a deep Yahn sac fly, then Susi rips a double to make the score 5-2!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Winkel is going to be scary next year. I have never seen someone crush so many balls foul...plate discipline needs to improve, and it will over time.

Bottom of the 8th, and yes I suspect Russell will be needed today. We cannot lose this one.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
A HBP, 2 easy outs and a walk create yet another 2 out, 2 on situation. I would bring Russell in here.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
...and a home run ties the game. We really couldn't ask Russell for one extra out with Rossamando struggling??????

Going to the 9th, 5-5

Reaction Score
I have no confidence in this pen getting anyone out. This should be a name the score game...instead we got a nailbiter

Reaction Score
I have no confidence in this pen getting anyone out. This should be a name the score game...instead we got a nailbiter

Check out this whole game. Aside from Hintze and Rossomando, the bullpen has done quite well.

Edit. Forgot about Wallace. Good one inning, then he loaded the bases.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
CCSU is an okay team, I wouldn't say we should be able to name the score against them, but we still should be able to beat them.

Atrocious error by the devil's first basemen gives us life.

Reaction Score
Our bullpen is a complete mess. Walks, wild pitches, hit batters is a constant theme and no one appears to be immune.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Sac bunt executed. Now we must ask too much of Prato once more...if he comes through here he needs to be treated to a steak dinner.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Our bullpen is a complete mess. Walks, wild pitches, hit batters is a constant theme and no one appears to be immune.

Yea, I don't see CCSU gifting us a litany of walks and wild pitches.

Yahn is robbed of an RBI but gets an infield hit after a Prato groundout. 2 outs, runners on the corners. This at bat will probably decide the game.

Reaction Score
This game is going to end soon no matter what. CCSU ball field has no lights, and sunset is coming fast.

Feldstein drives in two runs!

Reaction Score
Russell is coming in to try for the save. No doubt it will be interesting, no matter what happens.

Reaction Score
Clutch hit for Feldstein. Surprisingly offense hasn't been our problem.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
2 RBI single by Feldstein!!! 7-5 UConn going into the bottom of the 9th.

The swiss army offense has been damn good this year. This team would be way better and very dangerous with more consistent bullpen pitching.

Reaction Score
2 RBI single by Feldstein!!! 7-5 UConn going into the bottom of the 9th.

The swiss army offense has been damn good this year. This team would be way better and very dangerous with more consistent bullpen pitching.

Speaking of the swiss army offense, I was expecting much more small ball stuff. I think Penders was as well, but has been pleasantly surprised.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Nice pitching by Russell, UConn wins 7-5. Solid win vs a slightly above average opponent on the road, but we dodged multiple bullets today and their errors were huge.

The top 4 in our order are tremendous and Gnesda / Moriarity have been adequate. When Winkel starts hitting some of those balls fair, watch out.

Seton Hall is tough, at least as good as BYU. We need to play well in all phases to win those games, even with Cate and Montgomerie out there.

Reaction Score
Hmm...That was a rather uneventful inning for Russell. A soft hit, no mass pitching atrocities with walks and wild pitches galore, and he did not strikeout the side. Instead, he was quite effective.

Reaction Score

As Penders put it, a good Husky debut for Jack Lambrecht, and fine pitching performances from all the "ski's" on the pitching staff, Nepiarsky, Domnarski, and Rajkowski. I guess Russell is an honorary ski for the day.

If my math is right, Husky starting pitchers have not gone more than 4 innings in 8 out of 18 starts. The bullpen is getting overexposed because of this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Notes

Jack Lambrecht played in his first career game at UConn. The redshirt freshman singled in his first career at bat and ended the day with three runs scored.

Isaac Feldstein recorded his team-leading sixth multi-RBI game and also notched his sixth multi-hit game.

Anthony Prato registered his seventh multi-hit game with two hits on Tuesday.

Zac Susi (6) and Tyler Gnesda (5) both extended their respective hit streaks.

Next up, the Huskies take on Seton Hall for a three-game series. The series is set to take place at J.O. Christian Field. Due to field conditions, the series venue is likely to be change.

Reaction Score
I've been really impressed with the offense so far. The first 5 hitter are on an unbelievable streak right now. I hope Lambrecht gets more reps because apparently he's got so serious pop in his bat. If he can live up to the hype this offense could be potent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom