UConn Can't Look Past Butler | The Boneyard

UConn Can't Look Past Butler

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn has to make sure that they are not looking past Butler after the demolishing of Louisville. I believe that Geno will make sure that they stay focused even if it is against a team that should finish in the bottom half of the Conference. All he has to do is tell them to look at Virginia's game against Wofford. Massey has Virginia rated #57 while Wofford is #266 and they beat the Cavaliers @Charlottesville 71 - 70.

PvP

Reaction Score
UConn has to make sure that they are not looking past Butler after the demolishing of Louisville. I believe that Geno will make sure that they stay focused even if it is against a team that should finish in the bottom half of the Conference. All he has to do is tell them to look at Virginia's game against Wofford. Massey has Virginia rated #57 while Wofford is #266 and they beat the Cavaliers @Charlottesville 71 - 70.
So I guess you're putting your money on Butler...

Reaction Score
Butler will be NO problem. I believe they have never beaten Uconn. In the BE the only team that gives me pause is Marquette. I again believe Uconn will sweep the BE and win another title. I believe when the other teams hear the name Uconn, they remember how hard it is to beat Uconn and that gives Uconn an exceptional advantage before the game even starts. GO HUSKIES!!!!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wait, what???? Massey has the Butler game at 80-46 before we head to Toronto for an exhibition game on behalf of the Aaliyah faithful where UConn is favored 100-28. So what, exactly is UConn "looking past"? I am not hear to throw bathwater on your stance but I am completely confused as to your point. Butler is ranked 130 and has a 206 OOC schedule and have not beaten anyone of note.

So pardon my thinking that 1. This is not a "trap game" in that there is not an upcoming game for the team to be focusing on. 2. It's Butler who is still rebuilding under Austin P 3. The game is at home so.....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wait, what???? Massey has the Butler game at 80-46 before we head to Toronto for an exhibition game on behalf of the Aaliyah faithful where UConn is favored 100-28. So what, exactly is UConn "looking past"? I am not hear to throw bathwater on your stance but I am completely confused as to your point. Butler is ranked 130 and has a 206 OOC schedule and have not beaten anyone of note.

So pardon my thinking that 1. This is not a "trap game" in that there is not an upcoming game for the team to be focusing on. 2. It's Butler who is still rebuilding under Austin P 3. The game is at home so.....
Virginia was a 99% chance to win game and was not a "Trap game" either, they are to play Fordham #188 on the 21st and they still got beat by the 266th ranked team. At least UConn who is also a 99% chance to win game and could be overlooking Butler because they are excited about going to Canada for AE's Senior game just like they were for Paige's in Minn and Nika's game in Croatia.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Butler will be NO problem. I believe they have never beaten Uconn. In the BE the only team that gives me pause is Marquette. I again believe Uconn will sweep the BE and win another title. I believe when the other teams hear the name Uconn, they remember how hard it is to beat Uconn and that gives Uconn an exceptional advantage before the game even starts. GO HUSKIES!!!!
That is a thing of the past. Also, Creighton could be a problem. We still don't know if UConn will continue to play as well as they did the last two games.

Reaction Score
Marquette and Creighton are both playing some great basketball.............this UConn team can't take any opponent for granted......

Reaction Score
That is a thing of the past. Also, Creighton could be a problem. We still don't know if UConn will continue to play as well as they did the last two games.
I am bot concerned about how well Uconn will be playing after their last 2 games, BECAUSE, each game they play is better than the last as Uconn is now Jelling into the team that they have the talent to become. 4 or 5 more games should put them as equal to the top 10 teams in the country. I always say, don't forget who their coach is as he will bring out the best that they have to give. GO HUSKIES!!!!!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Virginia was a 99% chance to win game and was not a "Trap game" either, they are to play Fordham #188 on the 21st and they still got beat by the 266th ranked team. At least UConn who is also a 99% chance to win game and could be overlooking Butler because they are excited about going to Canada for AE's Senior game just like they were for Paige's in Minn and Nika's game in Croatia.
The next time a Geno team takes it’s first conference game for granted will be a first so the fact you seem to be ”doubling down” on your assertion tells me maybe Mrs MSGRET needs to keep your Egg Nog in-take to a minimu. But hey, I am willing to bet any amount you want that UConn wins at home on Monday. Just let me know.

Reactions: Kat

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Marquette and Creighton are both playing some great basketball.............this UConn team can't take any opponent for granted......
What does Butler have to do with Marquette and Creighton? Is this board going kooky on us with all these bizarre concerns?

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, sure they never should look "past" a team.

But Butler is an inferior team to Ball State, by a pretty significant margin, and nobody was saying this about Ball State. Conference bias is a thing.

Reaction Score
MSGRET- - Agree UCONN can't overlook Butler, but bet the ranch Geno will be in their ears about that very thing!

Reaction Score
Creighton is VERY good with a veteran, senior team e.g. Morgan Maley, et al. The Blue Jays lost to Marquette in the fourth quarter, mostly because of Marquette's Karlen?. So, Aaliyah Edwards is UCONN's version of Marquette's L. Karlen, only better! That being
said, the game, New Year's Eve, is another BIGGIE!

Reaction Score
Never look past any next opponent… No matter what the name is on the jersey..

Reaction Score
True but you have the opportunity to change it before game time :) :eek::rolleyes:
This is hilarious. That would be quite the fake out, especially by the guy who runs the thing. Sarge, do you suspect anyone tried doing this by switching from one team to another at the last minute? (FYI, while funny I hope this never becomes a thing as it can't make your job any easier.)

Reaction Score
Not to pick on the wording, while UConn should feel good about this win, I doubt the Huskies feel they "demolished" Louisville. Suspect Geno used the first half, which was relatively even, with several leads for the Cardinals, as ammunition. The 1st Q saw UConn giving up one of the highest number of points I have seen in any one quarter in a long time. Huskies turned up the defense and Louisville got in a bit of foul trouble and went cold the 2nd half. A more disciplined team would have given UConn a better test.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The next 2 games will be games where Geno will be able to give more playtime to his non starters and he will for 2 reasons. Not to risk injury to any of his starters and to breed confidence into the non starters. Its games like this that could bring confidence to KK taking outside shots and pull up jumpers and ICE and Q to execute plays with confidence. Its a long layoff until New Years Eve and having confidence before that game goes a long way. Once you know you can do something you know you can do it.

Reaction Score
The next time a Geno team takes it’s first conference game for granted will be a first so the fact you seem to be ”doubling down” on your assertion tells me maybe Mrs MSGRET needs to keep your Egg Nog in-take to a minimu. But hey, I am willing to bet any amount you want that UConn wins at home on Monday. Just let me know.
How do we really know if any team takes another team for granted?............even vintage UConn teams have had a few awful games........for some reason I'm thinking specifically of a game against Tulane a few years ago..........teams can simply have a bad game for numerous reasons..........being unprepared or overconfident should never be among them......

Reaction Score
What does Butler have to do with Marquette and Creighton? Is this board going kooky on us with all these bizarre concerns?
Making the point that many thought the Big East would be way down this year but I believe Marquette and Creighton are both ranked in the top 20 and either of them has a shot of beating UConn under the present circumstances......

Reaction Score
Butler will pose no problem for the Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom