UConn: Cancelling 2020 Season An Option? (Updated 8/5 to yes) | The Boneyard

UConn: Cancelling 2020 Season An Option? (Updated 8/5 to yes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Blauds always has the UConn info first..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What will Umess do, I am curious about that one too.

I kind of expect the rest of the G5 to play week one and two and then pack it in.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Should not consider this if conferences are moving forward and the players desire to play.

Schedule independents, charter flights & limit exposure when you can.

I would love to see the C-19 data on men under 25 since May. What percentage has was tested but asymptomatic? What percentage (without pre-existing conditions) were hospitalized? I think these are the numbers that all athletes should have in order to make an educated decision.

Reaction Score
If others are, play some games. Practice and play games. 2020 is either not happening for everyone or it is not going to be real. Basically scrimmages

Reaction Score
Uconn should not cancel the season unless it is all schools doing it. Anything else makes no sense quite frankly and sends a signal that we don’t give a crap about football. I am sure some on here want that by the way. I know the kids want to play.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Uconn should not cancel the season unless it is all schools doing it. Anything else makes no sense quite frankly and sends a signal that we don’t give a crap about football. I am sure some on here want that by the way. I know the kids want to play.
We'll see if we can get a few others to announce the shut down on the same day. I'm not holding my breath that we can pull a group announcement off however. It seems likely we go first ....then media will do its thing and then two weeks later we'll have a others in our camp.

Reaction Score

If they preemptively cancel football then they should announce that basketball won't be played either. You know for safety reasons...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If they preemptively cancel football then they should announce that basketball won't be played either. You know for safety reasons...
If it was still the Ollie era I will agree with you.....but can't stop this Hurley team (as jealous I maybe that they might have a season while we don't).

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Play BYU 12 times but only against their unmarried players. Those guys don't go anywhere when not wearing a backpack on a bike?

Reaction Score
If it was still the Ollie era I will agree with you.....but can't stop this Hurley team (as jealous I maybe that they might have a season while we don't).

Do that for one and not the other and you signal to the college sports world not to mention recruits that one program is valuable and needs protecting and the other is expendable. Its a really bad look.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do that for one and not the other and you signal to the college sports world not to mention recruits that one program is valuable and needs protecting and the other is expendable. Its a really bad look.
Yeah, lets just ignore the fact that BB starts early Nov and Conf play not until January when the world could be more than a little different than it is today.

The optics that will matter is if we are the only ones in FBS that pack it in.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
unless it is 2013-14, right?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
unless it is 2013-14, right?
Needless to say, correct...or the following year when we were all still optimists (rightfully so)

Reaction Score
In Benedict I trust, he has made nothing but positive moves at every turn thrown at him and the school.
We will be fortunate to have him a few more years. If he cancels the season it is because he has put it off until the last possible minute and absorbed every ounce of new meet and greet mojo with a lot of AD's from schools we will see down the road.
He is a legitimate proven get it done man. No attack on the OP but with all the news of how many schools have cancelled fall sports why would UConn not having a season be a suprise???
Let's give it a couple more weeks and see if Florida or Texas teams are rethinking things. ;)

Reaction Score
Blauds always has the UConn info first..

I think it's the end of our first independent schedule but I don't think it's the end of the season. We'll definitely play UMess twice, maybe James Madison, Army, Maine, and any other pickup games Benedict can arrange in state.

Reaction Score
See if the ACC will throw us a bone. With all non conference games being cancelled LEt us play BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Virginia and ND that’s all not far travel distance. Maybe AAC let ls us get temple. There are options out there that could possibly happen. Or maybe let all indys not just ND get conference affiliation this year. I know there are a lot of people that want to see the plug get pulled on the program. However these kids have been working all quarantine and been back at school working. Let them play. I haven’t seen any positive results from the UConn camp. Not to mention come November Covid will more than likely disappear. To cancel the season over a virus that less than 2 percent of the country has gotten is absurd. LET THEM PLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom