UConn - BYU Game Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UConn - BYU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Well, you have the right to your opinion. As a fan I love them all, however in my opinion KML is the best player in the Uconn squad, her basketball IQ can only be compared to Maya, and DT at the latter years not freshman year where she shot her way to our defeat after a 19 points lead at half time.

That picture of loosing to ND in the semi with DT as a freshman has haunted me for years, I can see a pattern here with Stewie, when she's hot she's unstoppable, but man when she's cold she can be knocked out cold, it would be okay this time against BYU, but against a formidable contender like ND it will be too late.

KML is the backbone of this team and she needed to know that.

Let's not forget the incredible run by Stewie last year at the FF. But that doesn't guarantee a repeat performance for this year.

My opinion thinks that I am seeing rather one dimensional thinking regarding that ND game of yore, an event that has been hashed and rehashed over and over again and some still don't get it.

Shooters shoot. What bothered me more about Stewey than her missing shots was the fact that she started passing up open shots - twice I think she did that. Shooters have to shoot. It's my opinion. Had she made shots as she usually does, we wouldn't be having this conversation, and we wouldn't be pulling in, IMO, the topic of who has the higher basketball IQ. This is all being done just because of one poor shooting game.

This is my opinion.

And for my post that you quoted, yes, let's agree to disagree. In fact, let's just agree to disagree about all of it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Please. Can we stop complaining about the officiating. It's embarrassing. 18 fouls on BYU 8 on UCONN.
I think what that suggests is that BYU is playing more physically to try and get UConn off their game. I actually think that the officiating was okay though there was some banging by their 6'7" center (who was quite impressive) that could have easily put her in foul trouble. She often created a lot of body contact with UConn players whether rebounding or defending where her hands and arms might have been vertical but the contact was enough where she created an advantage. That sure sounds like a foul to me. That would be my only gripe on the officiating was some no calls that should have been made. I know in every game there's calls that should have been made that weren't and others that were called that were bad. Usually it balances out pretty well.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
after missing the game live (watched Sunday afternoon on DVR)... and staying away from the game thread until now... this thread was full of excitement, from Kiah's name being spelled wrong and the "ref talk" to Alex sweating profusely in the first half.

thanks... now I need 2 tylenol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32