UConn-BYU game preview | The Boneyard

UConn-BYU game preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I forgot to add my observation that the Nebraska defense rarely put any full court pressure and even after BYU brought the ball over half court Nebraska rarely put any pressure on the ball.

I really can see 20-25 TO's for BYU.

Reaction Score
UConn will start fast, just like their first two tournament games. They understand the importance of getting off to a fast start and taking the air out of the other team. Start quick, get them down and keep them down.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Thanks for the spelling correction DD. Nice job as always .

Its been a week and a little rust could expected but UConn will pull away. It will be interesting to see the looks on the faces of the BYU players when UConn takes the floor. Intimidation on their faces. We will also see what its like if they begin the game by making turnovers. If they do UConn will run away with the game. I expect UConns quickness and size to take over quickly. Hamson has to be concerned with fouls. If she gets into foul trouble early turn out the lights UConn will be facing Depaul next.

Reaction Score
Its great when UCONN gets off to a fast start and puts teams away early. Teams talk about how they are going to slow UCONN down, but seldom do game plans work against the Huskies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think a team with a 6'7' kid who isn't a stiff and a 40% three-point shooter will not be intimidated

But in watching BYU's last two games what stood out to me was the slower speed at which they play.
UConn's uncanny quickness on both side of the court will disrupt and confuse.

Reaction Score
I think there's a world of difference between Griner and this 6'7" kid in speed and quickness and I think UConn will exploit that big time. Their quickness actually might lead to getting her into some early foul trouble that will spell doom for BYU. Regardless, I expect the skill level of UConn across the board to make a big difference and with their always tough defense, the game will be over early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom