UConn Board of Trustees Needs to Delay All Votes on Leaving AAC and Joining New Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Board of Trustees Needs to Delay All Votes on Leaving AAC and Joining New Big East

Reaction Score
Don't really care... the Football experiment was a disaster and I want all you football fans to remember how chasing a dream that was never going to happen nearly killed the basketball program. Block me don't block me no skin off my back.

So you posted in this thread to prove how much you don't care? Odd.

Reaction Score
The Big East voted yesterday to offer an invite to UConn. The Board of Trustees vote tomorrow is just a formality. It's happening. That's that.
Who made this decision at UConn? We have an outgoing president and a new president not yet in office. We have an interim chairman of the Board of Trustees. We have a new governor. State law requires state college boards to follow certain procedures or the votes are void. How can the only public discussion on such a controversial move just be a formality?

Reaction Score
The way UConn football coach Randy Edsall, and the football and other non-basketball programs, were apparently treated in this process -- as well as their large national fan bases -- is like Dec. 7, 1941 when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Japan notified US authorities after the fact. Geno Auriemma, Dan Hurley and a couple of Board of Trustees members cannot make such important decisions on their own.
To be fair how he has been treated during this process is exactly the same as how he treated us when he bolted right after the Fiesta Bowl.
But I still hope for the best for the football program and the players and recruits whatever happens. I'll still go to a few games when I can this year.
How ironic would it be if he pulls a 7-5 season out of his hat and we go bowling after all this LOL. Whoops!

Reaction Score
To be fair how he has been treated during this process is exactly the same as how he treated us when he bolted right after the Fiesta Bowl.
But I still hope for the best for the football program and the players and recruits whatever happens. I'll still go to a few games when I can this year.
How ironic would it be if he pulls a 7-5 season out of his hat and we go bowling after all this LOL. Whoops!

It will be interesting to find out -- and eventually we will -- how much HCRE knew and when he knew it. I suspect that Coach Edsall had less of a surprise than most of us did when he bailed out right after the Fiesta Bowl. I am becoming more convinced than ever that UConn has a plan for FB. Just not a very good plan. But I'll hope for the best.

Reaction Score
If there is a plan for football it needs to be discussed by the public and analyzed before getting adopted. I still think UConn, Army, Navy, Air Force, UMass, Buffalo, BYU and Rice could make a football only conference. Maybe throw in Tulane and SMU if they would come. You have got something with the academic quality close to the Ivy League and some decent FB teams, too. UConn could settle for this until P5 conference realignment resumes. Independence, MAC, Conf. USA do not seem appealing.

Reaction Score
There is no delay. Leadership at UConn fully considered the options (including the lack of clarity with football). You just don’t like their conclusions.
If anyone has the minutes from the UConn Board of Trustees meetings when these options were discussed and voted upon, please post them. I suspect the whole thing has been handled by a couple of people who did not have authority to proceed. Maybe someone can file a complaint with the state Freedom of Information Commission and that can lead to a court case.

Reaction Score
If anyone has the minutes from the UConn Board of Trustees meetings when these options were discussed and voted upon, please post them. I suspect the whole thing has been handled by a couple of people who did not have authority to proceed. Maybe someone can file a complaint with the state Freedom of Information Commission and that can lead to a court case.
Board Agenda | Board of Trustees

Here's the agenda for tomorrow's BOT meeting.

Reaction Score
Board Agenda | Board of Trustees

Here's the agenda for tomorrow's BOT meeting.
My eyes glazed over looking at their agenda. Where does it say Big East offer? I didn't see it. I suppose that continues interim Chairman Tom Ritter's overall approach to hide things from the public. Is Susan Herbst even going to be there. What is her opinion of what to do with football? What about Randy Edsall -- could we hear from the football coach about his team?

Reaction Score
My eyes glazed over looking at their agenda. Where does it say Big East offer? I didn't see it. I suppose that continues interim Chairman Tom Ritter's overall approach to hide things from the public. Is Susan Herbst even going to be there. What is her opinion of what to do with football? What about Randy Edsall -- could we hear from the football coach about his team?

I think you are seeing how MOST universities east of the Appalachians and north of the Mason-Dixon line prioritize their varsity football teams. Penn State is an obvious outlier.

Reaction Score
Joining the Big East is a plus move for every sports program at UConn except football, and possibly baseball.
However, I still would not make this move unless UConn can show that they can put together a comparable or better football schedule than it had in the AAC. I think that’s a possibility, but not a probability. I would think there are a lot of the P5 programs that would want to schedule one game with UConn . However if this move results in UConn football team playing in the MAC then I want nothing to do with the move even though I’m a big UConn basketball fan.
Not baseball. Not soccer.

Reaction Score
I'm Good with this happening.... They are making a move and not just reacting to the change in landscape.... I'm in a wait and see what happens with the Football that I love, but it a good move to save the other programs from degrading further. Now the other school can't use the conference travel and teams we play against us in recruiting for other sports. And Football could still recruit like we have been for now until we get our foot steady and schedule better teams in the future.... We could have option in selling a 3 for 1 weekend deal with mayor schools. Play both men and women basketball double header and a football game. I would travel for that anywhere in the country :).

Reaction Score
You guys have a chance tomorrow to ask Susie and the board directly to their face these questions. Are any of you going?
Not sure if Susan Herbst will even be there. I sure hope she is. If she isn't, may be a signal about the entire mess. Her official last day on the president's job is end of July. But she may have unused vacation days.

Reaction Score
If there is a plan for football it needs to be discussed by the public and analyzed before getting adopted. I still think UConn, Army, Navy, Air Force, UMass, Buffalo, BYU and Rice could make a football only conference. Maybe throw in Tulane and SMU if they would come. You have got something with the academic quality close to the Ivy League and some decent FB teams, too. UConn could settle for this until P5 conference realignment resumes. Independence, MAC, Conf. USA do not seem appealing.

There isn’t a plan. That IS the plan.

Reaction Score
Not soccer.
Georgetown, Creighton, and Providence are significantly better programs than anyone in our conference. St. John's and Nova have had success as well and will be better draws. Everyone plays and actually cares, unlike our conference who has SMU and sometimes a directional Florida

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Forget about it

Reaction Score
Paul Doyle @PaulDoyle1 10 minutes ago
UConn Board of Trustees will vote on Big East invite tomorrow morning but there will be no statements to media. Session open to the media and there will be signing ceremony but BE has asked UConn to refrain from comment. Press conference in NYC expected Thursday.

Reaction Score
It would appear Herbst is there...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom