UConn Board of Trustees Needs to Delay All Votes on Leaving AAC and Joining New Big East | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Board of Trustees Needs to Delay All Votes on Leaving AAC and Joining New Big East

Reaction Score
So, is the deed done? Any fireworks or was the BOT session anti-climactic? By the way, I did read the thread about the Boneyarder who showed up and spoke his piece about the football team. Good job! Needed to be said, even if the die has been cast.

Reaction Score

Soon to be followed by Lamont I’m sure... he was chairing a State Bond Committee Mtg this morning.

Reaction Score
It is a done deal. I watched the signing "ceremony" on NBC. Noticed that Geno and Bobby Hurley were called up for the group picture. No sign of Randy. I guess I can understand.

Reaction Score
What is the exit fee in 2023? That is the most relevant to pay attention to given expected conference realignment timelines.
Speaking of costs, wait until Geno Auriemma and Dan Hurley start pressuring the governor to spend a ton of money to renovate the XL Center given our new conference affiliation. 2018 price tag for full job was quarter of a billion dollars. Meanwhile, the new $10 M ceiling at Gampel has to be repaired.

Reaction Score
It is a done deal. I watched the signing "ceremony" on NBC. Noticed that Geno and Bobby Hurley were called up for the group picture. No sign of Randy. I guess I can understand.
This what they call as a "show trial" in communist countries … obligatory intake of last minute public input, minimal notice, prearranged outcome.....not a single BoT member worth his/her objecting. Maybe this should go to the Ethics Board since they love probing the appearance of impropriety?

Reaction Score
This what they call as a "show trial" in communist countries … obligatory intake of last minute public input, minimal notice, prearranged outcome.....not a single BoT member worth his/her objecting. Maybe this should go to the Ethics Board since they love probing the appearance of impropriety?
Great points. FYI: Ethics board usually does conflict of interest issues and similar things. UConn Board Interim Chairman Tom Ritter's son is House Majority Leader Matt Ritter, so the legislature is unlikely to do anything. It may make more sense at this point just to throw the bums out. They are mostly appointed by our governor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom