UConn better than advertised | The Boneyard

UConn better than advertised

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well all I can say is UConn will get more production from everybody and they have since we got everybody back. We are killin it right now and we are still not up to speed. It will take a few more games to get to that level. For those of you who think we're beatin up on cupcakes take a look at some of the other top teams beating up on unranked teams by 3 to 15 pts. Are you impressed? I think what many dont see is Dorka Caroline Azzi Edwards and a few others are playing at a different level and our defense is suffocating opponents. If other teams defenses are that good why arent they scoring more off their defense and why are they not scoring over 80 pts a game against non ranked teams.

As good as UConn looks right now and you can hear it in the voices of the announcers broadcasting the games. As good as UConn looks now they are still not where theyre gonna be in 2 weeks. Now UConn is executing at a very high level with every player on the team doing what Geno wants them to do. The defense is suffocating and yeah its against unranked teams but I ask you why arent other ranked teams blowing out their opponents?????

As for SC. We now have more bigs who are much more established on both sides of the ball. We hung in with SC early in the season when our freshman were inexperienced and Nika and Azzi werent 100%. We are a much different team now. I like our chances alot. As of now UConn is better then advertised. IMO a top 3 team

Reaction Score
Me thinks on 'paper' UConn women, are a great team of players. I still am not comfortable with their status with the number of quality teams they played & won. Yes, I am aware of the Covid issue, the Injuries & postponements. I am aware that their play has immensely improved. Sorry, for my reservations for being a 'Doubting Thomas' !

Reaction Score
Me thinks on 'paper' UConn women, are a great team of players. I still am not comfortable with their status with the number of quality teams they played & won. Yes, I am aware of the Covid issue, the Injuries & postponements. I am aware that their play has immensely improved. Sorry, for my reservations for being a 'Doubting Thomas' !
Then Net Rankings to you must be completely irrelevant. But it can't be/ shouldn't be for the Committee.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Totally agree. I've been repping the Huskies hard on our own board and boy am I getting poo poo'd for it! If UConn ends up a three seed, which I think would be crazy, I pity the two seed that gets stuck with them. Personally, I'd probably go SCAR Stanford NC State UConn at this point, in terms of which teams I think are the likeliest Final Four contenders.

Reaction Score
A ranking, yes, THE ranking, no
Who said they all are used equally though? For example if you have 20 factors, then each one shouldn't be 5%, right?

So why should a team that is injured so much as UCONN has, why shouldn't the Net Ranking be used as more (not exclusively) than the others?

There is nowhere that says how much to use each rankings for each team, is there?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Who said they all are used equally though? For example if you have 20 factors, then each one shouldn't be 5%, right?

So why should a team that is injured so much as UCONN has, why shouldn't the Net Ranking be used as more (not exclusively) than the others?

There is nowhere that says how much to use each rankings for each team, is there?
Really?

Reaction Score
I don't like the three games in 3 days format. Thank goodness we have depth now so the players can all get some rest. There will be days where Azzi can't hit a shot but Evina comes in and knocks down some threes and drives to the hoop and we stay the course. Caroline is passing up shots now and seems hesitant to shoot. I think she is our best option in the paint she seems to always make the bunnies. Paige for the first time was doing the moving without the ball running around all of the screens to get an open shot. She looked a little slow but its progress. Today's game will be a good one. Looking for a win and everybody staying healthy. Our depth will come in handy today.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I don't like the three games in 3 days format. Thank goodness we have depth now so the players can all get some rest. There will be days where Azzi can't hit a shot but Evina comes in and knocks down some threes and drives to the hoop and we stay the course. Caroline is passing up shots now and seems hesitant to shoot. I think she is our best option in the paint she seems to always make the bunnies. Paige for the first time was doing the moving without the ball running around all of the screens to get an open shot. She looked a little slow but its progress. Today's game will be a good one. Looking for a win and everybody staying healthy. Our depth will come in handy today.
Pac12 gives a day off b/w semis and finals, which I like.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see us finish strong and have a healthy Paige and Caroline. We are not firing on all cylinders just yet.
This is what stands out to me the most. Also Coach Geno did say that with Paige being out, it gave other players an opportunity to develop in a manner that may not have happened if she had been healthy. It could be a silver lining once the tournament starts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom