UConn Best Chance To Win Title? | The Boneyard

UConn Best Chance To Win Title?

Reaction Score
UConn is looking good!
5F0F3F9B-9154-4F20-B196-F5379164D384.jpeg
9AF4CC9A-465C-41F1-BEE3-7FD5064A5E86.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After the first game, UConn will have their hands full the rest of the way. Syracuse are battle tested and will give UConn all they can handle. I see the outcomes of all of the games the rest of the way within single digits.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why soo many people are high on Syracuse (14-8). They are so poorly coached and so undisciplined there is no way they pose a threat to UConn. Sure if they get hot from the 3 pt line they can make a game of it, but more likely the MOV will 30+

Reaction Score
UConn and Baylor, in the same bracket, with the highest percentages, along with Stanford, to win.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why soo many people are high on Syracuse (14-8). They are so poorly coached and so undisciplined there is no way they pose a threat to UConn. Sure if they get hot from the 3 pt line they can make a game of it, but more likely the MOV will 30+

Agree, I'm clearly missing the big flick on Syracuse. I think their Coach is a tool to be honest. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Jack Rabbits win that one. (and I hope they do.)

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
It’s possible that UConn will have to beat Baylor, Maryland and Stanford in succession to win the championship. That would generate some excitement.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It’s possible that UConn will have to beat Baylor, Maryland and Stanford in succession to win the championship. That would generate some excitement.
Don't think so. Stanford and Maryland are on the same side of the bracket, so UConn would only have to face one of them (at most). If UConn emerges from its River Walk (presumably after beating Baylor), it would face either NC State or Texas A&M (most likely) in the semifinal round.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Don't think so. Stanford and Maryland are on the same side of the bracket, so UConn would only have to face one of them (at most). If UConn emerges from its River Walk (presumably after beating Baylor), it would face either NC State or Texas A&M (most likely) in the semifinal round.
? Don’t they reseed the Final Four? Or does that just happen on the mens side? Maryland would not be reseeded higher than NC State, but they would be reseeded higher than TAMU.

Reaction Score
America agrees. Below is "America's Bracket. It has UConn winning the NC over Stanford. :)
I got a chuckle out of this "America's Bracket." While I love their projected overall winner,..... A close look at each game shows the higher seed winning each game in each round... Sure, it's easy to predict the 1 beats the 16, and 2 beats the 15, but when we're talking close seed numbers such as 8 vs 9, 7 vs 10, and so on, upsets are common. IIRC, 2 years (?) ago in the Men's tournament a 16 seed beat a 1 seed in the first round. :confused:

It's going to be an exciting ride!

GO HUSKIES!!!! :D:cool:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree. The last time we played them, it was a smackdown. If not for a late 15-0 Syracuse run, we would have walloped them by 30+ in a NC game.

They have some nice pieces, but nothing that can challenge UCONN. Cardoso in the post has a nice future, but she's just as likely to be a non-factor as she is to light you up. Mangakahia is a great story and really solid. Kiara Lewis and Engstler are both good as well. They are solid, but no threat.

In their stretch run, they lost to FSU, Va Tech, NC State, and L'ville. They beat BCU, and avenged thier loss to FSU by 1 point in the ACCT. Then they lost again to L'ville in the semis.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm not worried about losing to Syracuse, but the games tend to be pretty chippy. I'm glad UConn plays Cuse before several rest days, because they might be pretty banged up after the game. Of course, without Geno on the sideline, Q's team might not play so rough. :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
To increase UConn's chances we need Kentucky to Beat Iowa and someone to knock of Baylor. ?
Like the year Louisville knocked off Baylor for us in the semifinals. That was the game Shoni Schimmel and the Cardinals shot 67% from the field, and beat them by 1-2, then loss to UConn in the championship game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems to me that Syracuse and Baylor would have been tough opponents for the Terps matchup wise. Not so much Iowa. UConn looks too have the toughest draw to the final 4, but that’s why they play the games. Let’s go Huskies!

Reaction Score
? Don’t they reseed the Final Four? Or does that just happen on the mens side? Maryland would not be reseeded higher than NC State, but they would be reseeded higher than TAMU.
Neither do it.

Reaction Score
I agree. The last time we played them, it was a smackdown. If not for a late 15-0 Syracuse run, we would have walloped them by 30+ in a NC game.

They have some nice pieces, but nothing that can challenge UCONN. Cardoso in the post has a nice future, but she's just as likely to be a non-factor as she is to light you up. Mangakahia is a great story and really solid. Kiara Lewis and Engstler are both good as well. They are solid, but no threat.

In their stretch run, they lost to FSU, Va Tech, NC State, and L'ville. They beat BCU, and avenged thier loss to FSU by 1 point in the ACCT. Then they lost again to L'ville in the semis.
Beat them in 2017 too in the second round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom