UConn Best Chance To Win Title? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Best Chance To Win Title?

Reaction Score
Like the year Louisville knocked off Baylor for us in the semifinals. That was the game Shoni Schimmel and the Cardinals shot 67% from the field, and beat them by 1-2, then loss to UConn in the championship game.
I think they made a crazy number of threes also, If I remember right.

Reaction Score
? Don’t they reseed the Final Four? Or does that just happen on the mens side? Maryland would not be reseeded higher than NC State, but they would be reseeded higher than TAMU.
No reseeding for women or men.
The UConn/River Walk Region champ will face the NC St/Mercado Region champ in the semifinals.

Reaction Score
Obama released his bracket for both tournaments... his women's final four does not include UCONN :( We will prove him wrong! He has Baylor winning it all, IIRC.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am still seeing the FF being: UCF, Uconn, USF, and by default an old friend from the Old BE WV. Be like old home week - AAC vs. Old BE.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Why are we afraid of Iowa?
I'm afraid of the distraction the media will create with the headline of Paige vs Caitlin. We all know Paige is overall much better, but all the talk may influence her to do things she would not ordinarily do to best Caitlin. In this case, it would be up to the juniors to ensure Paige plays her game as always, and encourage her to disregard the personal challenge and keep her mind on the prize that awaits her in the end. I have confidence she will do this, but she will will be the one to deal with this pressure, not us.

Reaction Score
I'm afraid of the distraction the media will create with the headline of Paige vs Caitlin. We all know Paige is overall much better, but all the talk may influence her to do things she would not ordinarily do to best Caitlin. In this case, it would be up to the juniors to ensure Paige plays her game as always, and encourage her to disregard the personal challenge and keep her mind on the prize that awaits her in the end. I have confidence she will do this, but she will will be the one to deal with this pressure, not us.
The flip side is that if we don’t see Iowa, we see Rhyne Howard, who is no walk in the park either (and one of Paige’s Team USA teammates who faced each other a lot in practices).

Not sure which I feel better about. Iowa’s defense is porous and we’d score plenty against them, but if they bomb threes on us (they all shoot the 3 well) and we answer with twos, it could get hairy.

Reaction Score
This is yet another thing that puzzles me to no end and will probably result in universal criticism. Although, in the case of a head to head one on one matchup, I would probably bet on Paige, this almost cult like insistence that Paige is, not just better, but waaaaay better than Clark, is very puzzling to me. Is it simply because she plays at UConn? I think Paige is great, of course, a truly gifted player who may well be better than Clark. However, it’s certainly not a slam dunk! Clark has put up numbers as a freshman that have rarely been seen. The most common reason these people cite is that Iowa is not a “top” team. While that is true, it is certainly not because of Clark. She has done all she can do to raise that team to a higher level. All I can say is that if you switched them I am not convinced either team would look a whole lot different than they do now. Having said all that, I am soooo glad we have Paige and I wouldn’t trade her for anyone (including Clark). I just think we sometimes act as though acknowledging someone else’s greatness somehow diminishes our own and that is simply not true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom