UCONN - BC Game Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

UCONN - BC Game Thread

Reaction Score
Well at least we know Pindell is not the answer. He missed all sorts of guys and her throws a wounded duck that takes forever to get to the reciever.

Couldn't agree more. Pindell isn't the answer. As a passer, he just isn't accurate enough, doesn't make good decisions and doesn't have a strong enough arm. As a runner, he just isn't quick enough. He shows a little promise with his feet, but so many times his cuts are just a half step too slow.

If he starts next year, UConn's offense will be impotent next year (back to the Diaco days). And, UConn wastes yet another year looking for a QB who can be a difference maker.

The answer is to give the two red shirts a shot (or the incoming kid from Georgia). Find out, if there is a solution there. Otherwise, back up the bus and keep recruting QB's.

Reaction Score
Defense isn't quitting. Edsall calling the timeout means he isn't quitting either.

Good signs for the future...

The defense isn't quitting? Huh? They were aweful tonight. Many played like they had an aversion to contact.

Reaction Score
Well at least we know Pindell is not the answer. He missed all sorts of guys and her throws a wounded duck that takes forever to get to the reciever.

Aside from that, I don't see the fire in the belly in Pindel. He has a nice arm going deep and can be elusive at times but there is an outward leadership dimension that he needs to exhibit. Perhaps it will develop. I saw more of that in Donovan Williams when he came in as the wildcat.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Pindell played like garbage because of the weather. The guy doesnt use the laces on the ball when he throws, and that just isn't gonna work in bad weather.

One of the biggest differences between our two teams was also punting. We have a D3 punter who killed us and their punter had a good leg and flipped the field for them several times in the first half

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pindell played like garbage because of the weather. The guy doesnt use the laces on the ball when he throws, and that just isn't gonna work in bad weather.

One of the biggest differences between our two teams was also punting. We have a D3 punter who killed us and their punter had a good leg and flipped the field for them several times in the first half

Not using the laces sounds like something Diaco would preach.

Good thing the weather here is perfect. What a match with a New England university.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

We redshirted the Older Aussie. Hopefully he is the answer next year. Big drop off from Wain this year

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We redshirted the Older Aussie. Hopefully he is the answer next year. Big drop off from Wain this year

If he was that much better than Graham I doubt he'd be redshirting

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not using the laces sounds like something Diaco would preach.

Good thing the weather here is perfect. What a match with a New England university.

Its almost amazing how much of an oversight that is on our staff's part. We saw how it worked out. He was like 20 feet off on throws 10 yards downfield. We had no chance because we literally couldn't pass the ball

Reaction Score
Before dismissing Pindell, why don't we see how he does next week vs. Cinc. That team is more on our level. BC is stronger as a team this year than it was in the recent past. Their defense is strong and they were focused on Pindell, knowing he is one of the strengths of the UConn team. Overall, UConn does need to recruit better talent.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The defense isn't quitting? Huh? They were aweful tonight. Many played like they had an aversion to contact.

When I made the comment, the game outcome was already known and the defense had continued to play hard. That doesn't mean that they were playing extremely well. Just that they were playing hard.

Go take a Xanax and take a nap...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Tarbutt’s kicking is getting old as well. I know conditions weren’t good last night but his inconsistencies on both fgs and kickoffs especially during critical moments is getting old. I have zero faith at any point with him.

The hold was dropped on the missed kick. Replay showed it wasn't Tarbutt's fault for whatever that's worth. Kid hit a 50 yarder last night. Not sure he should be the target of criticism this morning...

Reaction Score
Tarbutt did great. He scored the only non-garbage time points with that impressive 50 yard field goal in bad conditions.

That would have been worth 5 points in my fantasy league.

Reaction Score
Look Mrs. PP. Stop your trolling and go .u.c.k away.

You are a bag and add nothing to this board.
I've been following UConn sports longer than almost everyone on this board so the "trolling" jab just doesn't cut it. I want UConn to win and be a perennial top 25 program just as much as anyone else. So when losers like you can't take the truth and resort to name calling, like a freakin child would, your just wounding fellow UConn fans which doesn't do anyone any good. If you think I'm wrong about the inability of UConn to recruit on an even level with it's competition then present your case. But name calling, come on kid grow up.

Reaction Score
The hold was dropped on the missed kick. Replay showed it wasn't Tarbutt's fault for whatever that's worth. Kid hit a 50 yarder last night. Not sure he should be the target of criticism this morning...

Tarbutt didn't lose the game for us and the 50 should be a good boost for him. Still didn't like the way they were lined up for that botched attempt but maybe he makes that one too. I'm sure they look at every one over and over.

And looking forward I'll remind everyone that all our QB's except Orlovsky and to a lesser extent Cochran sucked until they went somewhere else and got some decent OL blocking. Pindell in his first full game for UConn in bad weather and under pressure showed he has a lot of potential and will have his chances to improve. Maybe we have guys here who are QB experts and former Coaches and I'll admit I'm not, but the fact that we can throw guys under the bus after such a short sample in a tough situation seems to be more a reflection of long-term frustration than enough evidence to form a conclusion. Our main needs are the same as they were 3-4 weeks ago and QB isn't at the top of the list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom