UConn/BC game thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

UConn/BC game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Head bang

That's Diaco doing the same thing and expecting different results.
it is also the fan base after the past four games

Reaction Score
How in god's name did we beat Cincinnati

I was just looking in to this and was stunned.

Donovan Williams threw the ball 29 times and "rushed" 11 times. Newsome rushed 4 times. Johnson rushed twice. -6 net gain on the ground.

119 net offense
Yup, this team continues to regress.

Reaction Score
Physically BC dominated us. Yes, a great coach might have made it a respectable game, but the talent gap is just too wide.

Give credit to BC, even in a down year with a really bad coach they truly are a higher level program.

Reaction Score
Physically BC dominated us. Yes, a great coach might have made it a respectable game, but the talent gap is just too wide.

Give credit to BC, even in a down year with a really bad coach they truly are a higher level program.
It's not the talent, it's the person managing it. There are far less talented teams, who achieve success. You can't replace the players on your roster. You have to work with it. It's pretty clear HCBD has no idea how to do that. He doesn't improve on their strengths, while continually improving their weaknesses. They've gotten worse, that's bad coaching.

Reaction Score
He would even screw up there.

But at least his lovey dovey routine is more suitable for that level of football. Although when I played my coaches would give you a piece of their minds while still being encouraging.

Reaction Score

BC has more talent, but not that much more talent. They are on the same level of other ACC Teams like Cuse and UVA that Uconn was more than competitive with this year. A good head coach with a working knowledge of offensive football could have made today's game far more competitive. Diaco is spiraling out of control. The team is getting worse every week, some kids have clearly quit, and others have regressed badly. Benedict needs to take action as soon as it is economically feasible. Otherwise next year might look like a Chinese Fire Drill performed in an empty football stadium. Your fans deserve way better. Demand it.

Reaction Score
I'm almost looking forward to the flame war that will ensue when our buddy Yawkey Way comes along for a post-game chat.

Will be the most entertaining thing associated with UConn football this year
I don't engage in smack talk on a Uconn football team that was just completely outplayed today in all facets of the game vs. BC. Uconn had a very good attendance for this game at BC, and should be complimented for their support of their team. I thought Uconn, having a bye week, would have some new wrinkles installed for this game vs. BC. I expected to see perhaps a flea flicker attempt, a wide receiver reverse, 3 or 4 similar plays designed to confuse or trick BC... but that was surprisingly, not the case. I also expected a Uconn football team to be as inspired to play this game as the Uconn fans around me at the game were. But BC football played much more inspired football today, executed far better, and thus the lopsided blowout, that even I was not expecting today, nor were any in my group of both Uconn and BC alums, fans.

Reaction Score
BC's stadium looks tiny for a P5 school. and plenty of empty seats.

Yes, there were maybe only 8,000 at kickoff. Taligaters were still coming in, in the late 2nd quarter. By the start of the middle of the 3rd quarter, thousands were seen exiting the game too... temp dropped 10 degrees in the 2nd half too, winds picked up, and the game's outcome became a foregone conclusion by then too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't engage in smack talk on a Uconn football team that was just completely outplayed today in all facets of the game vs. BC. Uconn had a very good attendance for this game at BC, and should be complimented for their support of their team. I thought Uconn, having a bye week, would have some new wrinkles installed for this game vs. BC. I expected to see perhaps a flea flicker attempt, a wide receiver reverse, 3 or 4 similar plays designed to confuse or trick BC... but that was surprisingly, not the case. I also expected a Uconn football team to be as inspired to play this game as the Uconn fans around me at the game were. But BC football played much more inspired football today, executed far better, and thus the lopsided blowout, that even I was not expecting today, nor were any in my group of both Uconn and BC alums, fans.
Ah. the cherry on top. Thank you.

Reaction Score

BC didn't have to play inspired. They just had to show up. We'll take care of all the incompetent gameplay by ourselves thanks to our lunatic coach.

Reaction Score
BC is s really bad football team, they only gained 337 yards of offense and just 2 offensive TD's, yet we still lost 30-0. Their QB is terrible , but physically there was a big difference. It just looked like two different levels of football from physical standpoint. That is what concerns me the most about our program. We need to physically bulk up and be able to hold our own on both lines before we will see any improvement. The team is just getting worn down week after week.

Reaction Score

So you flew up here special for the game? A game, I might add, you claimed zero BC fans cared about. Yet you flew up for the game. WTF?

Reaction Score
So you flew up here special for the game? A game, I might add, you claimed zero BC fans cared about. Yet you flew up for the game. WTF?
No, I did not fly up " special for the game ". I can't take any such credit for showing this level of support for such a very bad BC football team these last 2 seasons under this incompetent Addazio. I wish I could say such, but the fact of the matter is, I come back to our digs in N.E. from Nov to after Christmas, then fly south for the winter, early spring months to our digs there. There was little to no juice in this game in the stands today. BC fans for the most part, spent most of the 1st quarter out in the parking lots nonchalently shooting the breeze before filtering into the stands, and regrettably for the Uconn fans that made the trip, there was only one long pass play completion ( 1st half ) that gave them any chance to even clap their hands for the entire 4 quarters.... that said, as I mentioned above, Uconn did have a pretty darn good turnout of their football fanbase for the game, and thats a compliment to them that went to the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99