UConn Basketball 2023-2024 Schedule (*LEAKS*) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Basketball 2023-2024 Schedule (*LEAKS*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To me, it's not even so much the NET/KP rankings, but those schools are just dreadful from a fan perspective with the exception of New Hampshire which is at least a regional flagship.
If we were in the American still, sure, this would be dreadful. But season ticket holders will see the following teams at XL or Gampel:

Top 10 Marquette
Top 10 Creighton
Top 10-ish Nova
Top 25 St. Johns
Top 25-ish Xavier
Top 25-ish PC
Georgetown led by Cooley

Pretty stacked, to be honest.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If we were in the American still, sure, this would be dreadful. But season ticket holders will see the following teams at XL or Gampel:

Top 10 Marquette
Top 10 Creighton
Top 10-ish Nova
Top 25 St. Johns
Top 25-ish Xavier
Top 25-ish PC
Georgetown led by Cooley

Folks forget those games like they don’t exist.

Reaction Score
It is disgraceful that there hasn’t been a good OOC game in years. But it’s not a 100% on UConn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Speaking for myself, I'm not saying you need Kansas or UNC at home every year, but how about not scheduling the absolute dreck of division 1 basketball? Kenpom ranks for 2023 below (there were 361 teams last year in D1 for reference).

Northern AZ - 213
Stone Hill - 331
miss valley st - 357
Manhattan - 306
New Hampshire - 284
Ark pine bluff - 322
That's only 4 teams >300. One year the GOAT had 5.

Rasputin

The Mad Monk
Reaction Score
Good lord, all this fanbase does is whine.
I guess that I am a whiner, but my season tickets are a very significant financial commitment for me. I can't help but feel that I am being taken advantage of when I have to pay for this hideous slate of games. I understand that we need some easy wins on the schedule, but couldn't we at least schedule some local teams like Central, Fairfield, QU or Sacred Heart?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I guess that I am a whiner, but my season tickets are a very significant financial commitment for me. I can't help but feel that I am being taken advantage of when I have to pay for this hideous slate of games.
What made you write the check? Was it the thumbscrews? Waterboarding?

Reaction Score
It's embarrassing. They don't deserve to see a single good Big East home game with their tickets
It's just weird and complaining for the sake of complaining at this point. If we sucked and were in the AAC whine away but we just won the national championship and have a stacked home/neutral/away schedule and it's still a cry fest with these fans.

Reaction Score
I guess that I am a whiner, but my season tickets are a very significant financial commitment for me. I can't help but feel that I am being taken advantage of when I have to pay for this hideous slate of games. I understand that we need some easy wins on the schedule, but couldn't we at least schedule some local teams like Central, Fairfield, QU or Sacred Heart?
Sorry to hear you got scammed on your season tickets. Most if not all the season ticket packages I saw included the great slate of Big East home games we have this season

Reaction Score
Oh you mean like the posters that would cite Hurley not having any NCAA wins in "5" seasons back this February and how that was unacceptable? Who's take was that again?
Of course not having any NCAA wins wasn't acceptable. He just went out and won 6 of them in a row.

You'll get to see a bunch of ranked matchups at home, quit whining.

Reaction Score
Ya want a great strength of schedule?
We do. Sorry they aren’t home games.

I think it’s ok for Hurley to have the cupcakes at home to tweak his team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could well be wrong but the way I see it, either the Big East does have a number of high profile schools (not named UConn) who provide compelling matchups when we play them (as I heard for months when the B-12 rumors were still alive) or the Big East doesn't have a number of high profile schools (not named UConn) who provide compelling matchups when we play them. You can't pick and choose when to call our conference membership quality and when to call it garbage just to fuel complaints.

Reaction Score
The UConn mens basketball non confrence schedule is out on the uconn website. The times or tv schedule is not out yet. Go UConn

Reaction Score
3 games against potentially elite competition at MSG more than makes up for weak home games

Reaction Score

Top 10 Marquette
Top 10 Creighton
Top 10-ish Nova
Top 25 St. Johns
Top 25-ish Xavier
Top 25-ish PC
Georgetown led by Cooley

In the Calhoun days we'd see the real Big East plus a juicy OOC game or two.

Reaction Score
I'm 80% sure they are using the excuse of supporting HBCU programs to schedule a couple games we can win by 50 to game the NET/efficiency numbers.

(/Sarcasm if not picked up. Mostly. Honestly just the HBCU part really...I think the rest is true.)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It is disgraceful that there hasn’t been a good OOC game in years. But it’s not a 100% on UConn.
This really isn't hard. We should have had two additional P5 home and homes this year in place of two of the cupcakes. Schedule Pitt and BC. One at home and one away this year and next. 7/11 games against the P5 should be the goal. Marquette did it. No reason why we shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom