UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 42 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score

Sean Stephenson is a 2022 INF/OF/RHP from Bishop Feehan High School in MA

>>8/02/20 Future Games --> 5-foot-11, 180-pound left-handed hitting corner infielder. He had a very good 3 days in Dubois. He ran a 7.5 sixty at the event. The glove is solid at third base and he keeps the feet active during the process. I would like to see him work on moving side to side a bit better, which would help his defense. He threw 80 mph across the diamond as he has plenty of arm across the diamond. The bat has an exit velocity of 94 mph. The setup is narrow in base and the stance is upright. The front foot steps into the swing as the ball approaches the hitting zone. The path is clean to contact and has a feel for the barrel. The path is slightly uphill to contact and he made consistent contact throughout the 3 game set.

Exit Velocity- 94 mph
INF Velocity- 80 mph<<

So is Sean Stephenson the brother of Zach Stephenson, another UConn baseball committed recruit who goes to the same high school?

If the 2022 high school graduation year is accurate, then UConn baseball now has 9 position players committed in that recruiting class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So is Sean Stephenson the brother of Zach Stephenson, another UConn baseball committed recruit who goes to the same high school?

If the 2022 high school graduation year is accurate, then UConn baseball now has 9 position players committed in that recruiting class.

They are spitting images of each other...

Reaction Score

A little additional bonus informational item for me from the background in the pictures, this tournament was at Dodd Stadium in Norwich. I live 10-15 minutes from the ballpark. If I had known it was taking place, I would definitely given some thought about watching some future baseball Huskies doing their thing.

Reaction Score
Also, an article from a local newspaper on Maddix Dalena committing to UConn:

Reaction Score
Newspaper article UConn baseball recruit Zach Stephenson. This piece also gives a mention to his brother Sean. This piece mentions that Sean is currently a Junior. PrepBaseballReport.com and PerfectGame.com both list Sean as Class of 2023, which would make him a sophomore, so both of these websites apparently have incorrect information on him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well I guess that answers that outstanding question...

Is there a dislike button????? Good for him and happy for the kid but always stinks to lose guys like him. I’m sure he’ll be successful

Reaction Score
Well I guess that answers that outstanding question...

Oh well. After Calvin Ziegler moved to the 2021 high school class, I figured it was unlikely he was going to show up in Storrs anyway. Now we don't have to worry about it at all.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh well. After Calvin Ziegler moved to the 2021 high school class, I figured it was unlikely he was going to show up in Storrs anyway. Now we don't have to worry about it at all.

Yeah, I don't think he's going to throw an inning of college baseball regardless.

Reaction Score
2022 UConn commit Ryan Daniels - PBR's top rated shortstop in New England, 488th junior in the country.

PBR article (link below) on 2022 commit Ryan Daniels, on his difficult decision to decommit from Stetson (he verballed as an 8th grader), why he chose UConn, and his family.

Why UConn:
“The new field, the new locker rooms, the program and the success they’ve had the last 10 years with the most wins in college baseball,” Daniels listed off reasons why UConn was the perfect fit. “With the recent success and how many they put in the big leagues, not just the minor leagues, it’s right for me.

“I know a lot about the coaching staff, too. They made a big impact. Plus, playing around the state and seeing all the UConn commits you know. It’s a Who’s Who of players. I really like the kids that are going there.”

Reaction Score

Thomas Ellisen is a 6-3 185lb RHP/SS from Kimberly High School in Kimberly Wisconsin.

From PBR in July: 6-foot-3, 185-pound highly projectable right-handed pitcher. Started on the mound against Rhino Wisconsin 2021 on Saturday morning. Short arm action, over-the-top slot. Athletic tall/fall type delivery with a high front side, works closed to target, falls towards first base side at finish. Showed a slide-step out of the stretch. Fastball sat 83-85 mph, touching 86 mph early, kicked back into the 82-83 mph range later into his outing. Plays with downhill tilt and flashed heavy sink at times, thrown for strikes. Curveball sat 73-74, showed consistent sharp 12/6 action, legit swing-and-miss pitch. Might have thrown the best breaking ball of the weekend. Mixed in a harder, sweeping slider at times that sat in the 76-77 mph range. One of the top uncommitted arms in Wisconsin’s 2021 class.

Reaction Score

Thomas Ellisen is a 6-3 185lb RHP/SS from Kimberly High School in Kimberly Wisconsin.

From PBR in July: 6-foot-3, 185-pound highly projectable right-handed pitcher. Started on the mound against Rhino Wisconsin 2021 on Saturday morning. Short arm action, over-the-top slot. Athletic tall/fall type delivery with a high front side, works closed to target, falls towards first base side at finish. Showed a slide-step out of the stretch. Fastball sat 83-85 mph, touching 86 mph early, kicked back into the 82-83 mph range later into his outing. Plays with downhill tilt and flashed heavy sink at times, thrown for strikes. Curveball sat 73-74, showed consistent sharp 12/6 action, legit swing-and-miss pitch. Might have thrown the best breaking ball of the weekend. Mixed in a harder, sweeping slider at times that sat in the 76-77 mph range. One of the top uncommitted arms in Wisconsin’s 2021 class.

Getting a recruit from a place like Wisconsin is definitely off the normal northeastern recruiting footprint UConn Baseball. Perhaps the new baseball facilities having something of an influence here, although it does seem that UConn Baseball does pull in the occasional recruit from the midwest (whether they end up staying is another story).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom