Men - UConn Baseball 2024 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2024

Reaction Score
Not part of X, keep it simple, give me a link :)

Reaction Score
I believe that the following UConn players have used up all their eligibility to play college baseball, and thus won't be back with the team next season:

Jake Studley
Paul Tammaro
Luke Broadhurst
Korey Morton
TC Simmons
Matt Malcom
Garrett Coe
Steven Quigley
Mike Quigley
Joe Cinnella
Kieren Finnegan

Obviously, there are some other players on the UConn roster who may not come back to the team due to possibly getting selected in the MLB draft, possibly transferring to another school, or just deciding to give up on playing college baseball. Hopefully we'll hear about who else may be leaving the team before fall ball in September.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I believe that the following UConn players have used up all their eligibility to play college baseball, and thus won't be back with the team next season:

Jake Studley
Paul Tammaro
Luke Broadhurst
Korey Morton
TC Simmons
Matt Malcom
Garrett Coe
Steven Quigley
Mike Quigley
Joe Cinnella
Kieren Finnegan

Obviously, there are some other players on the UConn roster who may not come back to the team due to possibly getting selected in the MLB draft, possibly transferring to another school, or just deciding to give up on playing college baseball. Hopefully we'll hear about who else may be leaving the team before fall ball in September.
If things hold serve, next year without the newcomers the team would look like this.
C Garbowski and Hyde
1st. Dalena
2nd Daniels
SS Padilla
3B Minnick
LF. Open
Cf Shpur
Rf Kron
Friday night. Cooke
Weekend Quinn and Schild
Midweek. Abedessa
Closer. Afthim
Ellison, Alejandro, Carella.

Thoughts or changes?

Reaction Score
If things hold serve, next year without the newcomers the team would look like this.
C Garbowski and Hyde
1st. Dalena
2nd Daniels
SS Padilla
3B Minnick
LF. Open
Cf Shpur
Rf Kron
Friday night. Cooke
Weekend Quinn and Schild
Midweek. Abedessa
Closer. Afthim

Thoughts or changes?
Sullivan, Van Emon

Reaction Score
C Garbowski and Hyde
1st. Dalena
2nd Daniels
SS Padilla
3B Minnick
LF. Open
Cf Shpur
Rf Kron
Friday night. Cooke
Weekend Quinn and Schild
Midweek. Abedessa
Closer. Afthim

Thoughts or changes?
I'd imagine at least one of Cooke or Quinn will be gone to the draft, so I'll say Van Emon slots into one of those spots. Also wouldn't be shocked to see Jack Sullivan in the mix with those bullpen arms.

Imagine we'll add a few other bats that will shake things up, but looks like what I'd guess from the returning guys. Probably Niko Brini for the last OF spot

Don't know a ton about all the incoming guys but from a distance Tirado and Lane (if he makes it campus) and Dougherty seem like decent bets to contribute next year. Imagine there's another freshman pitcher or 2 who emerge as well

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
DBMills - do you know who redshirted this year?

Reaction Score
C Garbowski and Hyde
1st. Dalena
2nd Daniels
SS Padilla
3B Minnick
LF. Open
Cf Shpur
Rf Kron
Friday night. Cooke
Weekend Quinn and Schild
Midweek. Abedessa
Closer. Afthim

Thoughts or changes?
Hyde's done. Already has a job lined up in the real world.

Reaction Score
C Garbowski and Hyde
1st. Dalena
2nd Daniels
SS Padilla
3B Minnick
LF. Open
Cf Shpur
Rf Kron
Friday night. Cooke
Weekend Quinn and Schild
Midweek. Abedessa
Closer. Afthim

Thoughts or changes?
C Garbo Oates Tirado
1st. Dalena
2nd Daniels
SS Rispoli
3B Padilla
LF Minnick
CF Kron
RF Sphur
DH Tirado Lane Brini or any other Freshman who can swing it.

Friday Van Emon
Saturday Schild
Sunday Ellisen
Closer Abedessa
Midweek starters Sullivan Turner
Bullpen Carrea, Finn, Wolff, Spirito, Galusha, Peters, West, Mayer, Mach

This is assuming Cooke Quinn and Afthim are drafted. Any of them comeback it's a bonus but I don't see it happening.

Reaction Score
DBMills - do you know who redshirted this year?

The following UConn players did not get any playing time this season, so they are potential redshirts:

Alex Mach
Niko Brini
Jude Abbadessa
Rob Rispino
Brett Davino
Mike Oates
Devin Wolff
Giovanni Conte
Ryan VanDeWater (he redshirted last year, he did not see any playing time this season. He is now listed in the Transfer Portal)
Tom Galusha
Frank Spirito
Kyle Peters

Reaction Score
Hyde's done. Already has a job lined up in the real world.

Yeah, Hyde has another year of eligibility left, but I believe he just got his degree from UConn in May. So it would not surprise me if he is indeed done with UConn baseball.

Reaction Score
This is assuming Cooke Quinn and Afthim are drafted. Any of them comeback it's a bonus but I don't see it happening.

It is certainly possible that these guys could go in the MLB draft, but I don't think it is a definite thing. But it certainly is a possibility that could occur. We'll see what happens.

Last year I thought Korey Morton would definitely get drafted, but it didn't happen. Just never know about these things.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

Jake Studley
Paul Tammaro
Luke Broadhurst
Korey Morton
TC Simmons
Matt Malcom
Garrett Coe
Steven Quigley
Mike Quigley
Joe Cinnella
Kieren Finnegan

Does 2021 not count as a free year of eligibility for Baseball players the way it did for Basketball and Football?

Reaction Score
It is certainly possible that these guys could go in the MLB draft, but I don't think it is a definite thing. But it certainly is a possibility that could occur. We'll see what happens.

Last year I thought Korey Morton would definitely get drafted, but it didn't happen. Just never know about these things.
I think Korey gets a shot this year. I think he has improved every year in every aspect of the game. Minimum, senior sign after the draft.

Reaction Score
I think Korey gets a shot this year. I think he has improved every year in every aspect of the game. Minimum, senior sign after the draft.

It's possible, that is for sure. I do think that Morton had a better year at the plate in 2023, for one thing he had a goodly number of walks to go along with the rest of his offense.

Reaction Score
Does 2021 not count as a free year of eligibility for Baseball players the way it did for Basketball and Football?

I think it does. Covid extended college baseball eligibility.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think it does. Covid extended college baseball eligibility.
If that's the case, Morton and Coe I believe have played 4 years including 2021 and could potentially have a covid year available next year. Not sure of others.

Reaction Score
If that's the case, Morton and Coe I believe have played 4 years including 2021 and could potentially have a covid year available next year. Not sure of others.

According to the UConn baseball media guide, this past season was the last year of eligibility for Morton and Coe.

Reaction Score
What happened to Daniel’s this year. I follow a ton. What did I miss?

Reaction Score
What happened to Daniel’s this year. I follow a ton. What did I miss?

He had a hip injury which put him out for the rest of the season after it happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom