UConn Baseball 2021 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball 2021

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here<<

->But returning to play a season for his state school was hardly all about the money for Casparius. UConn was the preseason favorite to win the Big East in its first season back in the conference, and Casparius truly believes the Huskies, who have been a bit inconsistent at 18-14 overall, have the talent to reach the College World Series for the first time since 1979.

And even if the Huskies fall short, Ben Casparius has no regrets. “It was the best decision I’ve ever made, and probably the most fun I’ve ever had playing on a field and traveling with this group of guys,” he said. “I wouldn’t have changed that for the world.” <-

Reaction Score

Some really good insight into the program by Penders (... and more info on this past weekend’s schedule debacle).

Break it into bite size pieces if you need to. The MLB scout and recruiting sound bites are fascinating (more towards the end of the piece).

Reaction Score
Some really good insight into the program by Penders (... and more info on this past weekend’s schedule debacle).

Just finished listening to it with "Bull Durham" on the television in the background. Not a bad combination at all. 40+ minutes or so, but with Penders talking, it certainly isn't dull. As usual, some interesting stuff as well.

Reaction Score
UConn Baseball Stats thru St. John's series (1 of 3):

Baseball Stat 1.png

Reaction Score
I hope that’s not it. Doesn’t that go without saying now that indoor establishments can be at full capacity? To drop a hint like this and then drop an obvious announcement like that would be an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
I hope that’s not it. Doesn’t that go without saying now that indoor establishments can be at full capacity? To drop a hint like this and then drop an obvious announcement like that would be an embarrassment.
I’m not sure it’s obvious to most people outside of here since campus rules have been running a bit different.

Even the Big East Softball Tournament last week was limited to family/friend of participating schools in bleachers and limited first come/first serve on the centerfield berm.

They should do whatever they can PR-wise to get the place rocking Thursday night and through the weekend.

Reaction Score
What could a sweep of the Pirates do to our at large chances/seeding?
Not sure it would get us there. Maybe a sweep and a clean run to the BE championship game? I just havent seen us in any of the at large bubble conversations since our COVID pause. It seams we are a one bid league.

Reaction Score
What could a sweep of the Pirates do to our at large chances/seeding?

It would materially improve the chances of an at-large, and it would favorably improve our chances of being a 3 seed and not a 4. But it wouldn't necessarily improve either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom